Clare Forum

Clare's promotion hopes

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads I am worried letting in 3-15 against Westmeath in Cusak Park is a bad sign. Alright we have managed to win all our games apart from the Draw with Wexford, but the performances against Carlow and Antrim were very lucky wins. If its to be Clare and Wexford in the League Final they will fancy themselves the way we are playing. I really hope we can get the very best team out against Wexford in that Final. Division One Hurling is a must for next year.

The Footballers have been fantastic this season so far and have done themselves and us so proud, to win 6 games in a row was brillant and they were very unlucky to lose to Limerick. They have a chance to make the League Final and gain promotion if they can beat a good Waterford team. Lets get behind them and get to Waterford and support them. I am making the journey myself. It's going to be a hard game but its about time Clare had a bit of luck. The likes of Russell and co deserve success for the effort year after year. UP THE BANNER, COME ON LADS.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 05/04/2010 15:18:32    609078

Link

I have a good feeling about the footballers today I think will have enogth to beat waterford you can do it lads.
UP THE BANNER!!

banner_roar (Clare) - Posts: 88 - 11/04/2010 12:18:06    613839

Link

Banner Roar, how wrong you were! They havent improved one bit! Th 6 easy games were at the start and Mickos Wicklow didnt take the league
serious at the start. A false dawn as ususal for a poor clare team! There is no midfielders for Clare and thats why kilmurray lost too!
Thats the harsh truth of it lads! Write off 2010 an 2011 and follow the music, its our best chance most of the time!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 12/04/2010 10:44:39    614548

Link

Steel are you for real?????? or just on a wind up lad...............how can you attack your own boys and kick them when they are down....yes Clare were poor yesterday against a very good Waterford team and they exposed us and beat us handy in the end.....but we have made strides this year.....i am very disapointed too....and the end of the day we just wasnt good enough when it mattered in the last two games against Limerick and Waterford.....to come on the internet and say some of the things you say just makes no sense

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 12/04/2010 12:59:06    614778

Link

u should see steel comments on the limerick page for the last few months. All total rubbish.

declan30 (Limerick) - Posts: 652 - 12/04/2010 15:08:37    614950

Link

Irish Rover Fermanagh, yes I am being critical but thats the problem unless the fans let them know what they think
just like Laim Mc Hale the selector did then that team will believe in their own hype, dont you agree!
The got 6 handy games fluked 2 or three of them by a point, and then London and kilkenny well ud expect to beat that standard all the time!
So the long and short is Limerick are very poor and finished despite getting promoted will be relegated from Div 3 again next year trust me.
They only beat Clare by a point! Waterford though are a class side and igenuinely improving as are Tipp.

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 13/04/2010 11:09:04    615791

Link

Steel that is rubbish, there is very little hype about Clare football which is part of the problem. The other part of the problem is a result of people like you coming out slating the players after the game on Sunday. Why would players want to play on a county team where all they get is abuse. We need to look at the positives, Clare football has progressed this year and will hopefully keep going that way.
It is a major task for anyone playing county football for Clare at the moment, cause the reality is that they will probably be beaten in the munster championship at an early stage, as the standard in Munster is probably at an all time high now, just take Antrim in Ulster as an example! Keep improving a bit every year and next thing you know is that you have a quality side.
So steel you need to encourage this young Clare team! For gods sake steel will you ever stay off the Limerick forum, you are making fool out of yourself with your comments!

clarefootball92 (UK) - Posts: 76 - 13/04/2010 12:12:27    615893

Link

Clarefootball 92 I disagree with you they have made no progress at all fluked all the games they wom against Wicklow, Leitrim and Carlow
and lost the main ones they needed to win to gain promotion! Do you call that progress!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you do no wonder they have won nothing major since 1992! We need midfielders we have none.
Now look the truth sometimes hurt but I like to call it as I see it! You cant praise the team no matter the result
especially when Liam Mc Hale can see through them!

Its time to wake up and admit they are poor. That would be a start. No fake praise!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 15/04/2010 10:37:44    617953

Link

Steel, you are a funny little THING, aren´t you? What are you? A pretty advanced form of computer virus or something?

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 262 - 15/04/2010 21:32:58    618877

Link

MiAmigaVERONICA: ha ha,

I think he is a trojan, if you respond to his post, he can hack in your computer gaining access to your personal files

clarefootball92 (UK) - Posts: 76 - 16/04/2010 08:27:40    618976

Link

By the way, belated and sincere apologies to you, IrishRover, I was definitely over harsh on your comments on a previous post, and out of line. I am living out of the country, and it's difficult to post within the forum hours. And you are definitely nothing like that other yoke - but then again, who is? The hurlers lack experienced lads and a bit of leadership on the field at the moment, but that will come. They've a good man at the helm. Poco a poco, and in two or three years hopefully we'll be getting a few days in the sun again.

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 262 - 16/04/2010 14:50:22    619560

Link

Thnx MiAmigaVERONICA i appreciate that last post. I agree with everything you said. We lack experienced lads and a bit of leadership on the field at the moment, which is were you would think the likes of Tony Grifin and Tony Carmondy would have come in briallant. Not to mention Gilligan who i taught could have given just one more summer......but that will come as you said......id love to have a few more days in the sun. They've a good man at the helm your right. I hope Gerry Quinn is still involved after reading previous posts....he adds somthing we dont have alot of.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 19/04/2010 15:48:22    622082

Link

I am pretty sure Gerry Quinn is still involved. We definitely would have heard something substantial had he left. Sparrow has just been experimenting with new lads throughout the league. Yeah, I think Quinn is very important at the moment.

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 262 - 19/04/2010 18:38:31    622441

Link