Clare Forum

Clare Vs Carlow NHL

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

MiAmigaVERONICA please dont place me in the same bracket as Steel....please.....i am in no way like that............i have not placed a weight of expectation on the shoulders of several new young lads on the team.....thats rubbish.......i have in no way done that....we have some good young lads who with effort and determination can turn into great senior county players for Clare....i only hope and pray that one day we can be back winning titles....thats all....and i have faith in the lads coming through......and its not blind faith.............

and just to clarify with you or anyone else...........i 100% whole hartedly agree with hurlingguru or anyother Carlow man or supporter.....that last sunday Carlow were superb and played fantastic......and if you read my comments you would see that is what i have in fact said.....i have prasied Crlow for their performance BUT Clare also deserve some credit for winning while not playing well.....which any team which aspires to win needs to be able to do.....I do wish Carlow all the best in the future......Clare will learn from the close shaves against Carlow and a decent Antrim side too.....Wexford was a good test too....so unwards and upwards developing this team

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 01/04/2010 09:31:45    606024

Link

Irish Rover,

Clare played well, so did Carlow but both teams can play better. I made two replies and I haven't a clue why they didn't go through.

Philip Brennan was dropped.

hurlingguru (Carlow) - Posts: 1820 - 01/04/2010 12:14:55    606224

Link

Yes Philip Brennan was dropped for the Clare Carlow game and the Clare Westmeath game but I expected that anyway.
I think Tuohy has potential to be the main goalie as Brennans form hasnt being good with a few years now I feel.

There is a good piece on the local newspaper this week on Mike Macs time as manager of Clare. Basically the palyers didnt put in the effort is the long and short of it! I wonder has it changed much under the Sparrow either given the recent performances in Div 2!
Clare Hurling is going nowhere when players and fans dont eat players for playing badly! Mike Mac said that the 2008 Munster Final that Clare lost narrowily to Tip, the team were carrying along certain players and the team didnt seem to care!
Can ye imagine that happening in the 90's! Certainly not!
If the attitude of the current Clare Hurling Team players is we dont care, well then whyis the Sparrow wasting his time and why would fans
be following them either!
Clare going nowhere this year I think!
And if they surprisingly beat Waterford they wont stop talking about it and still will loose the Munster Final anyway!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 07/04/2010 10:36:41    610453

Link