Clare Forum

Kilmurray -Ibrickane vs Portlaoise

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Would K-I fans prefer Corofin or St Galls? Surely Corofin for a nice Clare-Galway derby?!

Tongo (UK) - Posts: 1791 - 22/02/2010 08:16:23    569083

Link

THETOWN YOU MUST FEEL BAD. well done lads delighted to see ye knocking our cocky champions over. hope some of ye stop of for the parade in portlaoise hahahaha.

fido (Laois) - Posts: 152 - 22/02/2010 09:08:42    569096

Link

Well done Kilmurray Ibrickane and to ye all out there in Quilty, Mullagh and Coor. What a day for the club the parish
BUT FOR ALL OF WEST CLARE AND COUNTY CLARE! A great day for Clare football, I am a native of an adjacent parish
and I am so thrilled. Its the first time in decades and decades that a Clare Senior Football team will contest the all ireland football
final the next biggest hing in my view to the county contesting it in september! Not bad for a county know more for its hurling
success and ps the hurling community is behind ye too of Clare and arent Barry Duggan the centre back footballer for Clare
from Cratloe and Sean Collins of Cratloe etc all behind this and supporting it! Its unreal. I would love if it can be now won
one more game to go so who knows it could be like the all ireland u21 hurling final last september or the Munster Club Football
final last December! Great times for County Clare eventhough there was a small bit of trouble with the Mike Mac saga before christmas
but didnt get comical and out of control like limerick did thank God!

Up kilmurray Ibrickane Up the Banner. If Clare could do it in 1992 in Munster against kerry
and bring the nation to a standstill with its performance against Dublin, then now a confident young
Clare Team with potential all ireland club champions in the county should not know its strengths in the
championship this year! Its time now for all clubs in clare to realsie that club football in Clare is now
the best in Ireland almost and therefore the county team can make a breakthrough also!

I will be there in St Patricks Day in Croker thats for sure! This is special and is the best day for clare football
fans since 1992 when Clare as Munster cHampions took on Dublin there. Oh its a great feeling it really is.

To add to Dalos speech in the hurling of 1995:

'We love our Irish Traditional Music but we love our hurling too' and we do thats for sure!
WE ALSO LOVE OUR FOOTBALL!

Clare is a great county that is for sure for the culture let no one say otherwise, we make breakthroughs
all the time in new competitions.

First it was football 1992 then it was hurling now its football again!

UP THE BANNER YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 22/02/2010 10:55:59    569169

Link

Well done Kilmurrey. Not one bit surprised, Ballina found it tough to beat ye a few years ago so the pedigree was there. Wont have a penny left by the time I take in the two St Patricks day parades. March the 17th for the Irish at home and abroad, March the 21st for the people of Laois. What would poor old saint Patrick think.

ontheroad (None) - Posts: 530 - 22/02/2010 10:58:01    569176

Link

Congrats to Kilmurry Ibrickane. Deserving winners. No complaints form me anyway re the first red card.
Go on and win it now

Heraf (Laois) - Posts: 312 - 22/02/2010 12:30:04    569361

Link

I am over the moon...............FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE......WELL DONE QUILTY.....YOU HAVE DONE YOURSELFS AND THE PEOPLE PF CLARE SO SO SO PROUD....I WONDER WHERE THOSE ARROGENT PEOPLE ARE NOW THAT DOUBTED YOU.......

WHERE IS THE EJIT CLAWHAMMER FROM WEXFORD??????? GONE TO BUY HUMBLE PIE FROM TESCOS.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 22/02/2010 12:51:21    569402

Link

Congrats KIB

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 22/02/2010 13:32:18    569488

Link

Im so happy!!!! Cant wait to get behind my team again come Paddys Day. Proud day for the parish.

Ye all probably saw me on telly aswell yesterday, the amount of phonecalls i got askin me to wave was ridiculous!! :P

Keith11 (Clare) - Posts: 9 - 22/02/2010 16:05:21    569719

Link

Well done KIB.

Keep the heads down now lads until Paddy's Day & ye can go all the way.

dingle1 (Clare) - Posts: 805 - 22/02/2010 17:35:27    569865

Link

Well done KIB brilliant result a big pointer hopefully for Clare football. Lets hope our footballers get out of division 4 this year and get to at least an all Ireland Quarter final.

clareinexile (Clare) - Posts: 3 - 22/02/2010 21:55:22    570403

Link