Clare Forum

Q-F In London

(Oldest Posts First)

Wondering Will There Be Big Support Coming For The QF

shea (Kerry) - Posts: 409 - 07/01/2010 15:34:10    526899

Link

Stay where you are you don't want be disappointed when TCG beat you.

DANSEAN (Dublin) - Posts: 72 - 08/01/2010 14:51:07    527995

Link

Should Be a Fantastic Weekend And Game....Big Support Coming??

shea (Kerry) - Posts: 409 - 11/01/2010 17:35:06    530106

Link

Match is live on TG4. Should be a close one but KIB will shade it.

43463536 (Clare) - Posts: 58 - 17/01/2010 15:12:29    535163

Link

COME ON QUILTY AND SHOW THEM WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF...................DO YOURSELF AND THE PEOPLE OF CLARE PROUD...YOUR A TOP TEAM NOW GO AND SHOW THEM THEY FACE NO EASY TASK....AGAINST THE EASY TOUCH FROM CLARE.........GO AND RAM THOSE SUGESTIONS DOWN THEM

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 20/01/2010 18:36:52    538382

Link

Irish Rover you seem like a bitter man, why such support for a Clare team when you are from Fermanagh?

The odds on us pulling off an 'upset' has been slashed, we will beat the best Munster has to offer and prove on TV how good we are. Up TCG

DANSEAN (Dublin) - Posts: 72 - 21/01/2010 17:23:19    539178

Link

Well done to Kilmurry Ibrickane for triumphing in today's quarter-final. It would be fair to say that it was a poor game with a lot of petty fouls etc, but KI had that bit extra, so well done to ye lads.
And well done to the KI support as there was a great representation of the club at the ground today, i reckon there must have been somewhere in the region of a couple of thousand in attendance and three quarters of these must have been from KI.

Tongo (UK) - Posts: 1791 - 24/01/2010 17:19:24    541066

Link

Congrats to KIB for this hard earned but deserved win today. A very poor standard game overall but still its better to win a bad one rather than losing a good one. Improvement will be needed though to overcome Portlaoise.

dingle1 (Clare) - Posts: 805 - 24/01/2010 18:41:28    541181

Link

On a separate note, are the five O'Dwyers that were in the KI panel all related?

Tongo (UK) - Posts: 1791 - 25/01/2010 08:06:06    541434

Link

Yes, the turn-out from KI was fantastic. The sky was blue, the pitch was wet and the guinness flowed (after the win particularly). My first KI match in 15 years as I live in London. Wonder why I waited so long. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and I would encourage all ages, whatever degree of interest etc to come, support and feel the Clare vibe. A very reasonable £5 entrance fee as well. Ok will stop now; somehow feel you readers are mostly hard core football males and will find this just a bit on the flowery side.!!!

BannerWoman (Clare) - Posts: 1 - 25/01/2010 16:16:01    541972

Link

where are you now Mr Dansean?????????????? So you will beat the best Munster has to offer will you......HAHA........

WRONG

TALK IS CHEAP AND HUMBLE PIE IS EXPENSIVE

learn to cop on young lad.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 25/01/2010 16:44:32    542017

Link

Bannerwoman, I was pleasantly surprised by the £5 entrance fee as well. I'm pretty sure it was a tenner when Corofin came over last year, so the recession clearly isn't hitting hard at London GAA! 50% deflation in ticket prices!

Tongo (UK) - Posts: 1791 - 26/01/2010 08:09:05    542500

Link

kilmurrayibrickane were so poor against tirconail, if they dont improve they will get a hammering from portlaoise!
How did they win the munster final at all they have gone so poor since christmas!
I predict unless they improve rapidly they will be hammered in the all ireland semifinal just like 2004!

Its time Irish Rover to eat some humble pie all of us! I really do think based on the Tir Conail Match that
kilmurray wont go any further eventhough I hope I am proved wrong!

It was a poor desperate game and wont have been of any help for preparation for the potlaoise game!
I fear the worst in the semifinal just like 2004 when they lost their shape!

Ps the shooting was desperate and why 3 freetakers, mccarthy, mcinerney and daly! Too cocky or nonorganised!

I fear the worst , a hammering on the cards! I am clareman enough to see thats as far as they will go, no all ireland final
appearnce in this team never mind winning it! I am sorry to say!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 26/01/2010 10:02:59    542563

Link

steel, was there really need to copy and paste that post over to here?

Keith11 (Clare) - Posts: 9 - 27/01/2010 18:32:45    544295

Link

Keith11 whats the problem why? Look the truth can be sometimes hard to accept. I am hoping that kilmurray will land Clares first All Ireland football Senior title to Clare, chalk it down! As then maybe Clare could start dreaming of realising that why couldnt the county team improve as well and breakthrough even beyond a 1992 all ireland semifinal! So my heart is with kilmurray in this a 100%. However you have to be constructive about it too. And you and me and the kilmurray fans and clare fans have to realise that otherwise a hammering is on the cards! I want this team to go beyond 2004 success in 2010 and not be just content being beaten in an all ireland semifinal! However for them to do that they have to improve and fans have to say it bluntly and not be holding back! Also Id like to think eventhough they won a great munster title this time around beating a club in the final form a traditional football county was great, that they would be keener 2nd time around and make a bid for the all ireland as a result! However that said the form in London was so poor that even the christmas break couldnt be used as an excuse. My fear is they have peaked and backwards they are going! Lets put it this way that form in london even allowing for the bad conditions wouldnt have got kilmurray into a county final never mind anything else! Their form has to bypass the london game to get back to the form of the munster final and even then the munster final performance level wont beat portlaoise! They have to up it even further! My fear is that cant be achieved in 3 weeks or so, or that they simply will be doing well at their best to match thier munster final level which wont beat portlaoise! Its on that view that I fear the worst just like Doonbeg in 1999 when they underperformed in the all ireland semifinal and kilmurray in the 2004 all ireland semifinal! I hope I am wrong this time around and second time round surely kilmurray have to realise that, thats the only hope I am clutching to but that maybe not enough. Up kilmurray, Up the banner.

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 28/01/2010 10:26:39    544556

Link