Clare Forum

Odran O'Dwyer

(Oldest Posts First)

Can anyone tell me what age Odran O'Dwyer is and why he isnt playing for Clare anymore? Is he even in his 30's? He is definitely one of the most talented players in the county's history and it is a real shame he isnt wearing the Clare jersey anymore. As far as I know he's the only player from Clare to ever represent Ireland on the International Rules team. Hopefully Kilmurry-Ibrickane can win that Munster title and go all the way this year. Its exactly what Clare football needs.

KilrushShamrock (Clare) - Posts: 75 - 26/11/2009 15:07:47    494894

Link

i just found out he's approaching his 36th birthday so its completely understandable why he's hung up his inter-county level boots. still a great player tho! im delighted he captained us to that tommy murphy cup back in 05, no better man than Odran!

KilrushShamrock (Clare) - Posts: 75 - 26/11/2009 19:20:09    495257

Link

they shouldnt have disbanded the tommy murphy cup. it was a benefit to counties like clare and leitrim.

LovelyCounty (Leitrim) - Posts: 69 - 26/11/2009 23:34:09    495665

Link

I would like to see him come back and play, a good player

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 27/11/2009 19:09:55    496382

Link

Them O Dwyers are the bone of the Kilmurray Team. 2 great families of unrelated O'Dwyers I believe.
That said the rest are also good on the team. If the rest of Clare was like Kilmurray and Doonbeg(previously)
looking beyond the County Title then the Clare Team would be in agreat state! However kilmurray that said
must now make themselves available for Clare, if they dont under Mc Dermott their club manager its all the same!

Time then for the other clare football clubs to look beyond a county title also! Doonbeg have done it once and the first
clare club to win the munster, kilmurray have now done it in style twice, who will be the next clare club??
Its time to step up and be counted! With a bit of luck and interest there is no reason why Clare who had no munster football
club title up to 1998 now cant end up winning a few more in the near future! We have 3 now unluky not to have 4
after kilmurrays hardluck last year, so 5 titles shouldnt be too far away!
Who knows maybe kilmurray will get to the all ireland final if they keep their feet on the ground 2nd time around as munster
champions! Stay focussed!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 11/12/2009 11:21:25    510616

Link