Clare Forum

Isnt Macnamara comes across badly sometimes

(Oldest Posts First)

So Clares manager isnt happy with playing in Division 2 after losing every game in Division1 he doestnt fancy trips to Mullingar and Carlow which are beneath Clares dignity.WOW havent you guys got big for your boots after winning 2 All Irelands 12 or 13 years ago you think relegation isnt for you.well go ahead and field your development team in 2010 you probably will be going to Castlebar or Newbridge by 11

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 676 - 11/04/2009 17:32:24    254871

Link

Jobber, I fully agree with you. What Mike Mac said was extremely arrogant and disrespectful. The simple truth is that Clare ARE the worst team in division 1, and I'm sure that the likes of Wexford, Offaly, Antrim, Carlow etc would love a crack at the banner to put us in our places. Just before the league, Mike Mac said that he has the best panel of Clare players that there has been in the last 20 years. A statement like that has really come back to bite him. (Actually I would struggle to pick a single current player who would definately make the '97 team alone -O'Grady at corner back possibly, and perhaps McMahon at centre-forward). For all the brilliance of Kilkenny, you'd never hear Brian Cody make a boast like that. There is something not right in the Clare camp. The withdrawal of Gerry Quinn may indeed be more to do with Quinn's committment issues, but a number of other players have also left the panel so Mike Mac should get his own ship in order before making statements like he did. Reality -Clare are no longer a serious force -and we will stay that way until we get our own house in order

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 12/04/2009 09:05:40    255151

Link

good to see some people can see reality.Mcnamara should stick to getting the best from Clare before denigrating others

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 676 - 12/04/2009 18:39:00    255335

Link

What a pity that we cannot conduct our affairs in private like most Counties it appears that Gerry Quinn is now gone from the panel for good. He has a big article today in the Clare People must be rights & wrongs on both sides surelyly Quinn could have made a phone call if he was sick on the evening.

I doubt that Mike Mac was being insulting to other Counties playing in Div 2 more like frustration but still no need to say these things I dont think Clare are that bad could have won 3 matches will still be a force in Munster championship.

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 445 - 14/04/2009 09:37:00    256229

Link

I dont think Mike Mac will be in charge of Clare come the start of the Div 2 league games next season.

catsmeow (Kilkenny) - Posts: 77 - 24/04/2009 17:34:13    267553

Link

Div 2 hurling ... get used to it Mike Mac.

AmberBlacks (Kilkenny) - Posts: 59 - 01/05/2009 19:13:20    273547

Link