Carlow Forum

Odds on Carlow Hurlers reaching Leinster Semi

(Oldest Posts First)

To be perfectly honest I think the only chance we have as a County this year is to reach the Leinster Semis v Galway.
Our Footballers wont come near Westmeath ( happy if I was proven wrong) and would struggle to make any impact in the back door

However if we over come London and Either Laois or Antrim then we would have a tilt at Galway - which I would see as progress

lets see
Forecast for Sat /Sun
Hurling
Carlow 2 14
London 1- 11

Football
Westmeath 4 -13
Carlow 1-8

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 444 - 13/05/2013 18:59:16    1383302

Link

Our hurlers who have been doing the county proud over the past few years and have been flying the flag of respectability for the county are out first and take the field on Saturday, no doubt they should win but I'm not sure if they will get it all their own way and it may be much tighter than some would think, I'm not as confident about the hurlers this year as in previous years, even if we do win I wouldn't be overly confident at all about beating either Laois or Antrim, certainly not Antrim, the last two meetings we had with they were clearly the better side so unless Myler has developed a winning formulae nothing will have changed, however come saturday a hard earned win for Carlow will see them through to the next round.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1991 - 14/05/2013 12:17:06    1383617

Link

Would agree with you supersub don't think Meyler has been able to get all players in or to get the best out of some players. Hopefully they will turn it round for champ.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 14/05/2013 14:07:33    1383748

Link