Carlow Forum

St.Mullins Vs Rathdowney

(Oldest Posts First)

Huge game for the saints these days dont come around too often cant wait for it can see us winning by 1 pont again

ceatharlach.abu (Carlow) - Posts: 18 - 15/11/2019 21:38:07    2249802

Link

Massive match tomorrow v Rathdowney Errill at 1.30. Netwatch Cullen Park will be the focus for the hurling world for a Leinster final place v The Shamrocks.
Apart from the usual stars, I hope more players step forward for the Saints tomorrow than up to now. Marty will be marked v closely and this should provide more space for others.
I hope the team keeps the discipline and I think they have a great hance of getting to the final.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1508 - 16/11/2019 17:09:29    2249879

Link

Isn't it only wonderful to know that Carlow's St. Mullins is only 60 mins away from a Leinster senior hurling final appearance against Kilkenny's Ballyhale Shamrocks. If they dig deep tomorrow then why not.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1987 - 16/11/2019 20:28:11    2249914

Link

Unreal.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2601 - 17/11/2019 15:37:40    2249999

Link

Well done st Mullins what a great win.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1271 - 17/11/2019 15:45:32    2250001

Link

Fantastic from St Mullins. What a great team. Marty and Jack, Seamus Murphy and James Doyle are their main men but the likes of John Doran and Mick Walsh and many others all stood up when it mattered. Seamus Murphy has a paw the size of a shovel. Last week we saw Quinlan score a point worthy of any highlight reel, well James Doyle went and done the same today. What a score to win the game. Worthy of his Man of the match award. It was great to see the scenes at the end of the game from the St Mullins people. A fantastic day for that parish and the wider hurling community of Carlow. A Leinster final to look forward to and anything can happen in a final as we know. We have one team in a Leinster final, hopefully Éire Óg will make it two next week.

GAA_WayOfLife (Carlow) - Posts: 60 - 17/11/2019 15:57:20    2250003

Link

One of those days you feel lucky to have been there and to see history being made ! Congratulations to St Mullins!
Fantastic whole hearted display from every player with a great victory today over Rathdowney Errill ! Inspirational stuff with huge performances from so many players. The brains trust was there too with slick passing opening up chances that were taken when it counted . James Doyle was immense as was Seamus Murphy and the Mighty Marty !
A Leinster Final is some achievement! Smashing open whole hearted hurling all through ! One of the best EVER days for Carlow hurling.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1508 - 17/11/2019 16:01:46    2250004

Link

Pity they didn't get more encouragement on the Carlow home page before the game never the less, dig deep they did and they couldn't have dug any deeper than that, some inspirational players no doubt but it a magnificent team effort. Sporting commiserations to Rathdowney.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1987 - 17/11/2019 16:32:55    2250012

Link

Replying To ceatharlach.abu:  "Huge game for the saints these days dont come around too often cant wait for it can see us winning by 1 pont again"
Great shout there. Fantastic game.Doyle and kavanagh are 2 superb hurlers .Doyle's tour de force at the end was as good as you're going to see. Some bottle in fairness.commiserations to rathdowney, very tough on them

Semperfidelis (Carlow) - Posts: 31 - 17/11/2019 18:52:34    2250035

Link

Replying To supersub15:  "Pity they didn't get more encouragement on the Carlow home page before the game never the less, dig deep they did and they couldn't have dug any deeper than that, some inspirational players no doubt but it a magnificent team effort. Sporting commiserations to Rathdowney."
Congratulations to St Mullins, but both teams can hold their heads high. What a magnificent day for hurling and best of luck in the Final.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2341 - 17/11/2019 19:32:18    2250044

Link

What a great game.

We are seriously lucky to have hurlers as good as these lads.

Paul Doyle just keeps getting better, Seamus Murphy catches everything and the effort and guts to come back in the first half.

Marty is just brilliant to watch and every time he's on the ball you can feel the crowd lifted.

James Doyle was brilliant and scores two of the best points you will ever see as calm as you like.

Leinster final in two weeks and I can't wait.

carlovia (None) - Posts: 1005 - 17/11/2019 21:10:29    2250059

Link

Amazing game to be at, i thought 2 weeks ago was good this outdid it somehow.
Seriously good standard by both sides and top class scores. What heart this team have from the co semi where it looked like they had lost, somehow they managed to escape that day.
So proud of our little hurling population and how we constantly punch above our weight, Can't wait for Sunday week, I presume it will be in Wexford Park?

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1110 - 17/11/2019 23:54:54    2250078

Link

Unbelievable game yesterday! One of those games where you were glad you went in to witness it rather than watch it on the TV!

I thought St Mullins deserved the win. Created numerous goal chances and in truth could have been out of sight and not needing James Doyle's heroics at the end!

To reach a final and be playing against the likes of Reid, Fennelly, Holden, Mullen, etc is a massive achievement for the club and Carlow hurling.

TaosHum (Carlow) - Posts: 17 - 18/11/2019 09:11:13    2250090

Link

Replying To The Real 1944:  "Amazing game to be at, i thought 2 weeks ago was good this outdid it somehow.
Seriously good standard by both sides and top class scores. What heart this team have from the co semi where it looked like they had lost, somehow they managed to escape that day.
So proud of our little hurling population and how we constantly punch above our weight, Can't wait for Sunday week, I presume it will be in Wexford Park?"
Portlaoise on Sunday the 1st at 2.

Great venue for St Mullins as almost all of them will have played there a load of times.

Can't wait for it.

Some will say that there's no chance but I think we can challenge the best.

Going to be a great occasion.

carlovia (None) - Posts: 1005 - 18/11/2019 23:49:48    2250262

Link

Very good open wide pitch in Portlaoise.
St Mullins have nothing to lose v Shamrocks. They have had 4 unbelievable days v Bakinkillen , Rangers Cuala and Rathdowney Errill.

Sunday week will be another massive test. No doubt that they were a little tentative on Sunday early on but they found their feet and powered through to the win.

Shamrocks are one of the strongest outfits in the country and St Mullins have nothing to fear. They are there on merit and you never know what can happen in a final ! Its 15 v 15 !

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1508 - 19/11/2019 15:29:07    2250340

Link

Shamrocks refused to have the coin toss shefflin must be afraid to come to carlow

ceatharlach.abu (Carlow) - Posts: 18 - 19/11/2019 22:54:49    2250425

Link