Carlow Forum

St.Mullins Vs Cuala

(Oldest Posts First)

Any thoughts on sunday.I think were in for a big upset

ceatharlach.abu (Carlow) - Posts: 19 - 01/11/2019 17:14:02    2247025

Link

Replying To ceatharlach.abu:  "Any thoughts on sunday.I think were in for a big upset"
Bookies have St Mullins at 9/2 to win.
Decent enough odds considering they have home advantage.

Blackbogger (Carlow) - Posts: 162 - 01/11/2019 18:06:22    2247038

Link

It's fair odds as yyhe bokies are rarely too far wrong, but if the Saints play with the same fervour as they did in co final, they have a chance. No doubt Mouse will be marked closely but Murphy and Doyle might shine a bit and guve the Dubs a fright. We have a chance !

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1510 - 01/11/2019 21:53:46    2247127

Link

Replying To ceatharlach.abu:  "Any thoughts on sunday.I think were in for a big upset"
No chance unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong and that CON is still not fit to play.

hogg (Carlow) - Posts: 321 - 02/11/2019 00:25:57    2247164

Link

Replying To hogg:  "No chance unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong and that CON is still not fit to play."
so wrong Hogg . so your wish came true
great win. Final a real possibility now

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 458 - 03/11/2019 15:27:33    2247402

Link

I was right unbelievable performance mouse as good as whats out there.

ceatharlach.abu (Carlow) - Posts: 19 - 03/11/2019 16:05:57    2247415

Link

I see Rathdowney hammered St Rynaghs
Should be a good semi
with both fancying chancecof leinster final

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 458 - 03/11/2019 16:59:38    2247431

Link

Replying To Blackbog:  "so wrong Hogg . so your wish came true
great win. Final a real possibility now"
Delighted to be so wrong. Couldn't make it today but I believe mouse gave an exhibition again.thats 2 games in a row that he's been MOTM.Some player. Unreal control of the ball

hogg (Carlow) - Posts: 321 - 03/11/2019 17:43:04    2247443

Link

Great win for st Mullins and Carlow hurling.

Shows how far the standard has risen that a Carlow team can beat the twice All Ireland champions.

Think it's home game against Rathdowney next in semi.

Mouse was brilliant as always but Paul Doyle was immense.

Definitely helps the players to be playing at the highest level.

carlovia (None) - Posts: 1035 - 03/11/2019 18:08:59    2247461

Link

Great display from ALL the ST Mullins team today. Cuala were wasteful early on which gave the Saints a chance to get used to the pace of the play from the Dublin champions. Huge heart shown by St Mullins with the backs fighting for every yard and every ball. Marty was inspirational all through and played a mighty game.
Thinking about the game again, there is no way you could have predicted the outcome based on the first 10 min. But, massive determination and skill and the little bit of luck with the second goal, won the day and what a day for St Mullins ! Cuala had time to get back but could not break down the men from the south. Huge excitement in those last few minutes ! This match won't be forgotten for a long time by those who were there.
But, hurling was put in its proper place as a mentor from St Mullins became ill. Hope that he gets well soon. Great respect shown by so many at the end of the game. Place is important, achievement is important but life is all important.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1510 - 03/11/2019 18:57:45    2247473

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Great display from ALL the ST Mullins team today. Cuala were wasteful early on which gave the Saints a chance to get used to the pace of the play from the Dublin champions. Huge heart shown by St Mullins with the backs fighting for every yard and every ball. Marty was inspirational all through and played a mighty game.
Thinking about the game again, there is no way you could have predicted the outcome based on the first 10 min. But, massive determination and skill and the little bit of luck with the second goal, won the day and what a day for St Mullins ! Cuala had time to get back but could not break down the men from the south. Huge excitement in those last few minutes ! This match won't be forgotten for a long time by those who were there.
But, hurling was put in its proper place as a mentor from St Mullins became ill. Hope that he gets well soon. Great respect shown by so many at the end of the game. Place is important, achievement is important but life is all important."
Contrary to this part head line from the match report," Carlow champions St Mullins spring a colossal shock in the Leinster club senior hurling championship this afternoon by sending Dublin giants Cuala crashing out of the competition". No shock, surprise perhaps.

I think there was a clear cut winner today and that was Carlow hurling, a big plus for Carlow and the weaker counties is that there is no Back door in the provincial club championship.

What won it for St. Mullins was that they played to their strengths, while Cuala were kept to points only. Huge congrats to the Saints.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1997 - 03/11/2019 21:16:57    2247520

Link

Great stuff by St Mullins today, what a game and great atmosphere mainly thanks to the Cuala fans. Marty showed why he is 1 of the best hurlers in the country, a class above yet again. The 6 backs too were immense, great to see St Mullins build on their great co final display. Carlow hurling can match and sometimes beat the best!

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1113 - 04/11/2019 02:18:23    2247562

Link

Fantastic display by St Mullins yesterday, honestly did not see that coming! To see that game out in very difficult circumstances was a true test of character. Some of the players were certainly aware what was going on, but thankfully news coming out is positive on that.

Cuala will be kicking themselves for allowing St Mullins stay in that game. Should have been 8/9 points up after ten minutes, but free taking really let them down yesterday, was their undoing.

The second half belonged to St Mullins, I was expecting Cuala to come out and take control early, but it was the opposite if anything. Some huge displays in green, Seamus Murphy stated to dominate from puck outs, catching 3 or 4 when it mattered. Marty Kavanagh again coming to the fore and weaving his way through the Cuala defence. James Doyle, John Doran and the full back line really stood out for me. Even with Con O'Callaghan coming on Cuala couldn't create any goal chances.

Playing Rathdowney in the semi final gives both teams a huge opportunity to make a Leinster final. It's great for both Carlow and Laois hurling.

TaosHum (Carlow) - Posts: 40 - 04/11/2019 09:28:43    2247580

Link