Carlow Forum

Carlow Ifc

(Oldest Posts First)

Well the pairing for this final is now decided, how do people see it going. Without a doubt the two best teams this year and both playing an attractive brand of football. Probably a few question marks over both full back lines which should add to the occasion. From what I've seen I think o'hanrahans will shade it but I'm expecting a very exciting contest.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1278 - 08/10/2019 10:02:41    2241994

Link

Replying To Barrowsider:  "Well the pairing for this final is now decided, how do people see it going. Without a doubt the two best teams this year and both playing an attractive brand of football. Probably a few question marks over both full back lines which should add to the occasion. From what I've seen I think o'hanrahans will shade it but I'm expecting a very exciting contest."
The long distance free taking capability of Daniel St Ledger was a big help the last day v Naomh Eoin. His power was needed a few times in defence where he withstood the threat from Myshall. Joe Roberts is a real wily forward who is excellent on the ball and they will be a serious match for the Blues.
Against Eire Og the Blues were great in the second half where they really focussed on their men and prevented EO from developing and finishing attacks. Their discipline was commendable in that second half and if they replicate that performance then those have a chance.
Anything can happen in a final and the fact that the Blues got over their arch rivals in such impressive style should put them in a good place.
Big full forward Daryl Hayden is a handful and if the ball comes right for him they have a chance.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1510 - 09/10/2019 19:48:36    2242426

Link

Simple really.hold Hayden Kdavin win. If they don't they lose.when is this ,anyone know?

hogg (Carlow) - Posts: 321 - 09/10/2019 23:30:03    2242475

Link

Friday the 25th as far as I know with the first round of the Leinster the 27th. I wonder what will happen if balinkillen and st Mullins draw

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1278 - 10/10/2019 14:24:08    2242569

Link

There is extra time to be played. If level after that I don't know. I know it's a hard job looking after the fixtures but there was weekends in August & September where there were "rest" weekends with no senior game on. Nobody wants rest weekends in August. Just play the games off!!

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1089 - 10/10/2019 14:43:36    2242578

Link

Replying To fergie:  "There is extra time to be played. If level after that I don't know. I know it's a hard job looking after the fixtures but there was weekends in August & September where there were "rest" weekends with no senior game on. Nobody wants rest weekends in August. Just play the games off!!"
What about lads going on holidays?... Hasn't that always been the point of a light fixture list in August?

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 300 - 10/10/2019 15:43:49    2242595

Link

Not always. There was always senior games all the way through. Only a new thing in Carlow with the weeks off.

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1089 - 10/10/2019 19:13:35    2242640

Link

What's everyone verdict for the game Friday night ??

Theshotstoper (Carlow) - Posts: 9 - 22/10/2019 15:57:06    2244987

Link

Tis gonna be a tight one. The rain won't suit either team. Whoever gets the goals will win. I fancy the blues as the might be that little bit faster.

anFhrainc (Carlow) - Posts: 62 - 23/10/2019 15:15:29    2245256

Link

Replying To anFhrainc:  "Tis gonna be a tight one. The rain won't suit either team. Whoever gets the goals will win. I fancy the blues as the might be that little bit faster."
Going be tight game alright i think there be goals from both teams. I think blues might see them selfs over the line looking forward to this game. K.C backs are not great also weather will be a big factor

Theshotstoper (Carlow) - Posts: 9 - 23/10/2019 21:50:46    2245344

Link

Well the margin of the victory certainly wasn't expected but an excellent performance from o'hanrahans. Some great moves up the field with a good variety of ball going into the forwards. Much more structured outfit this year compared to last year. If these lads put their heads to it they would challenge for a senior I have no doubt

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1278 - 25/10/2019 22:05:57    2245834

Link

Replying To Barrowsider:  "Well the margin of the victory certainly wasn't expected but an excellent performance from o'hanrahans. Some great moves up the field with a good variety of ball going into the forwards. Much more structured outfit this year compared to last year. If these lads put their heads to it they would challenge for a senior I have no doubt"
O'Hanrahans, with the right set up and everyone pulling together, are the only club in the county capable of consistently matching Eire Og... for obvious reasons... Palatine should be, but they don't have the toughness and smarts of the Blues lads... but long term the Blues need sort out their underage... they should be winning minors and under 21's regularly... but I see they only had two on the colts today and Eire Og had 13 or 14... they have to improve their recruitment at juvenile level...

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 300 - 25/10/2019 22:49:23    2245842

Link

Replying To Barrowsider:  "Well the margin of the victory certainly wasn't expected but an excellent performance from o'hanrahans. Some great moves up the field with a good variety of ball going into the forwards. Much more structured outfit this year compared to last year. If these lads put their heads to it they would challenge for a senior I have no doubt"
100% played some super stuff enjoy to watch K.C Never looked like hurting the blues and there big players didn't turn up credit to the blues

Theshotstoper (Carlow) - Posts: 9 - 26/10/2019 00:50:19    2245861

Link