National Forum

Wexford Inter County Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Onfor15:  "The CB tried a lot of different promotional ploys for the game. Thats why 3,500 people went to it. Biggest crowd the footballers had in a long time. Could knock a zero off it to get the Wexford attendance for the next day."
That's the worry. That's why I was suggesting they do the same again. Hopefully the lads can get a positive result up in Laois which would encourage people back too.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 6661 - 31/01/2023 09:58:20    2455436

Link

Replying To gaapundit13:  "I think we need to keep this in perspective, Wexford were missing a number of players from last years championship team V Offaly Coleman- Captain, Porter Vice Captain, D. Furlong only able to come on, L. O Connor, Brooks x 2.
Also, add in Shanley, Martin O C, Alan Tobin, Sean Ryan and Tom Byrne all featured in that win who have stepped away for various reasons. That is some turnover in players, if that happened in any county there would be some serious bedding in time required. I am excited about Cian Hughes, Mark Rossiter and Sean Nolan as they all very exciting forwards. Off we go to O Moore Park to support and John and the Team"
Agree, while not a great result, they know they should have won it and hopefully will not make the same mistakes again. At least they didn't lose, one point dropped, I know it could be the difference at the end of the league but they still have a long way to go. Its unfortunate that we are playing Laois next as they would be favourites to top the group, we could have done with a nicer game but its winter football and anything could happen.

zinny (Wexford) - Posts: 1512 - 01/02/2023 13:02:00    2455776

Link

in their defence they played a lot of very good football, they defender very well, put a lot of great moves together that often broke down due to a bad pass, but its january and they have only been together a matter of weeks, we created 4 goal chances which is a good sign, it was clear they have a style/system of play at last and thats takes time to perfect, the ref was not to blame for us not winning, but he was dire, i pitied the players on both teams , trying to do their best with a lad who seemed to have his own preception of the rules, laois will be a test, ud imagine they are a cut above div 4 standard, team selection will be interesting

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 2501 - 01/02/2023 14:07:48    2455797

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "in their defence they played a lot of very good football, they defender very well, put a lot of great moves together that often broke down due to a bad pass, but its january and they have only been together a matter of weeks, we created 4 goal chances which is a good sign, it was clear they have a style/system of play at last and thats takes time to perfect, the ref was not to blame for us not winning, but he was dire, i pitied the players on both teams , trying to do their best with a lad who seemed to have his own preception of the rules, laois will be a test, ud imagine they are a cut above div 4 standard, team selection will be interesting"
Laois are in Division 4 for a reason as are the other 7 teams in it.

Everyone can beat everyone in this division in my opinion. We will need at least one win on the road in the coming weeks so we may as well start on Sunday.

Don't be surprised if London beat Leitrim this weekend either.

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1542 - 02/02/2023 10:32:23    2455923

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "Laois are in Division 4 for a reason as are the other 7 teams in it.

Everyone can beat everyone in this division in my opinion. We will need at least one win on the road in the coming weeks so we may as well start on Sunday.

Don't be surprised if London beat Leitrim this weekend either."
i fancy london to beat leitrim

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 2501 - 02/02/2023 10:55:43    2455937

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "Laois are in Division 4 for a reason as are the other 7 teams in it.

Don't be surprised if London beat Leitrim this weekend either."
That's a good positive post! Good luck to the lads at the weekend hopefully they can surprise a few lads.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 6661 - 02/02/2023 10:56:38    2455938

Link