Cavan Forum

Cavan Seniors 2022

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To fredflint:  "Whats the point in keeping on saying this statistic. If we won ulster next year and the year after it would be 5 ulsters in 55 years which would look terrible on the face of it but isn't that bad and I am sure we would all give our left ball for such a result. It strikes me you looking for the most negative statistic possible for some reason, especially give there are counties with worse records. Derry havent won ulster in 24 years believe it or not. Armagh havent won it in 14 years and havent even been in a final in 14 years. Down, the aristocrats, havent won Ulster since 1994, 28 years ago. A lot of "big counties" in Ulster have worse records than us."
Fully agree. It's bad, but nothing we can do about it now. No point raising it constantly.

Loughduff Lad (Cavan) - Posts: 1709 - 23/05/2022 13:55:50    2419723

Link

Replying To fredflint:  "Whats the point in keeping on saying this statistic. If we won ulster next year and the year after it would be 5 ulsters in 55 years which would look terrible on the face of it but isn't that bad and I am sure we would all give our left ball for such a result. It strikes me you looking for the most negative statistic possible for some reason, especially give there are counties with worse records. Derry havent won ulster in 24 years believe it or not. Armagh havent won it in 14 years and havent even been in a final in 14 years. Down, the aristocrats, havent won Ulster since 1994, 28 years ago. A lot of "big counties" in Ulster have worse records than us."
Who cares what other counties record is like it doesn't take from the plain fact that 3 titles in 53 years is a pathetic return….

ForeverBlue2 (Cavan) - Posts: 580 - 23/05/2022 16:14:37    2419797

Link

Replying To Loughduff Lad:  "Not sure what the point is here, or why highlight it. They were asked in, they didn't come in as couldn't commit. Surely we want players in, who want to be there. I'd rather they opt out rather than half ass it. It's a big commitment these days"
I was simply pointing out, yet again, that that certain poster doesn't know what he's talking about.

He blamed Padraig Faulkner for dropping the high ball Killian Clarke dropped against Donegal. And now he's talking about players leaving the panel in previous seasons, apparently due to style of play, when it's still happening up to and including this season.

cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts: 4649 - 23/05/2022 16:33:20    2419811

Link

You're dreaming that Cavan should be winning like the 30s and 40s when most of the other Ulster Counties barely had a team.

It's embarrassing that term Cavan were the aristocrats of Ulster when there was no competition and Cavan only started training after Ulster.

FoolsGold (Cavan) - Posts: 2461 - 23/05/2022 16:34:02    2419813

Link

Replying To ForeverBlue2:  "No matter what way you dress it up 3 Ulsters in 53 years is a pretty dismal return….!!"
Absolutely agree it's terrible was replying to an earlier poster who said it was 2 in 53 years,that's all I'm saying.

[email protected] (Cavan) - Posts: 98 - 23/05/2022 16:35:07    2419815

Link