National Forum

Wicklow GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Freethinker:  "U19 A final should be a cracker. These two teams have been nip and tuck from minor up for the last few years. Never much more than 1 pt between then- mostly for Eire Og. Still it should be a cracker. I tend towards a Roundwood victory - only just, and perhaps only one score between them again."
Apologies. I read that St Nicholas / Eire Og result wrongly. It's St Nicks and An Tochair in the final. It should still be a cracker and I would have lo lean towards St Nicholas in this one. I've heard great reports of them so far. With all this talent coming through it should be an interesting Leinster U20 in '23.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 594 - 04/12/2022 20:35:53    2449524

Link

Replying To Freethinker:  "Apologies. I read that St Nicholas / Eire Og result wrongly. It's St Nicks and An Tochair in the final. It should still be a cracker and I would have lo lean towards St Nicholas in this one. I've heard great reports of them so far. With all this talent coming through it should be an interesting Leinster U20 in '23."
Think it has the potential to be a cracker. We know how good them An Tochar forwards are and the fact that they have proper u19s as well which can have a big difference at this grade. Conor Fee, Sheehan and Nolan.

Nicks not a bad forward line either with Sean Doyle, Joe Mills and Conor Manifold so I think we might be in for a cracking game of football as long as the weather plays ball.

footballlover (Wicklow) - Posts: 90 - 05/12/2022 09:43:45    2449536

Link

Replying To footballlover:  "Think it has the potential to be a cracker. We know how good them An Tochar forwards are and the fact that they have proper u19s as well which can have a big difference at this grade. Conor Fee, Sheehan and Nolan.

Nicks not a bad forward line either with Sean Doyle, Joe Mills and Conor Manifold so I think we might be in for a cracking game of football as long as the weather plays ball."
Hi, does anyone know when and where this final is being played as i would love to go? An Tochar seniors were the best footballing side in this year's championship. I felt inexperience cost them against Baltinglass. They seem to have talented players coming through. Nicks have had good underage players equally; it is a bit surprising that Dunlavin were fighting relegation this year and Donard went back intermediate. If anyone know the details for the final, can you please post them as i would really appreciate the details.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1682 - 05/12/2022 10:55:39    2449545

Link

It takes a while for young lads to come through particularly since minor went back to under 17. St Nicks won two minors in 2020 and 2021 and while some of these lads are featuring for bothe clubs (more so Donard) theres a big step up to senior. I'm sure we will see a lot more of them in years to come.
I'm actually convinced theres a senior championship in An Tochar. Unlike St Nicks they dont split their underage players between two clubs and are strong at every underage group now.
Are both the Nolans and Fees eligible for under 19?
The fixture isn't out yet but it will be posted in the fixtures section of the Wicklow GAA website which is relatively good for games results etc.

clubfan17 (Wicklow) - Posts: 97 - 05/12/2022 11:56:56    2449554

Link

Replying To wicklowsupport:  "Hi, does anyone know when and where this final is being played as i would love to go? An Tochar seniors were the best footballing side in this year's championship. I felt inexperience cost them against Baltinglass. They seem to have talented players coming through. Nicks have had good underage players equally; it is a bit surprising that Dunlavin were fighting relegation this year and Donard went back intermediate. If anyone know the details for the final, can you please post them as i would really appreciate the details."
11 o'clock next Sunday morning in Echelon Park, Aughrim.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 594 - 06/12/2022 08:29:19    2449606

Link

Replying To Freethinker:  "11 o'clock next Sunday morning in Echelon Park, Aughrim."
This Sunday? might head over too. What i heard was both semi finals went to extra time, which shows nothing between any of the teams in the semi finals, (Nicks, An tochair, eire og and blesso) hopefully the paper will have something in them to read about. It great to see a competitive championship, looks good for future championships. Not a great time of year to be playing football though.

StrandedinWW (Wicklow) - Posts: 9 - 06/12/2022 09:57:37    2449615

Link

Replying To StrandedinWW:  "This Sunday? might head over too. What i heard was both semi finals went to extra time, which shows nothing between any of the teams in the semi finals, (Nicks, An tochair, eire og and blesso) hopefully the paper will have something in them to read about. It great to see a competitive championship, looks good for future championships. Not a great time of year to be playing football though."
Yes, Sunday 11th. I suppose we have to say, weather permitting.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 594 - 06/12/2022 10:51:54    2449625

Link

Replying To Freethinker:  "11 o'clock next Sunday morning in Echelon Park, Aughrim."
Thanks Freethinker, much appreciated. Should be a good competitive game. Hope the weather is good for the game.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 1682 - 06/12/2022 12:45:29    2449645

Link

I see the game has now been moved to 1pm but still in Aughrim, probably to allow for the freezing temperatures that we're due.

footballlover (Wicklow) - Posts: 90 - 08/12/2022 08:39:02    2449805

Link