National Forum

Limerick GAA 2021/22

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To baire:  "Hard to compete with the green machine that's run in JP oil!"
Probably better than trying to use turf...

Shocs07 (Limerick) - Posts: 98 - 22/11/2021 12:43:40    2390305

Link

Anyone on this forum interested in the way our county board are charging for games??anyone attending has to have a ticket,even under 16s being charged €2..it wasn't happening in cork as all under 16s were allowed go with no charge..two under 21 quarter finals in past two days,€10 for each game with all attending having to have a ticket..the munster senior club quarter final is the same price €10..also is there a problem with the Gaelic grounds not being used for these games??garryspillane brought to rathkeale last night and the week before adare/Ballybrown taken to killbreedy..also why are these games in midweek with fellas away in college..I'm pretty sure all players aren't based in limerick..rant over..

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 1418 - 25/11/2021 18:21:27    2390835

Link

Replying To CTGAA10:  "Anyone on this forum interested in the way our county board are charging for games??anyone attending has to have a ticket,even under 16s being charged €2..it wasn't happening in cork as all under 16s were allowed go with no charge..two under 21 quarter finals in past two days,€10 for each game with all attending having to have a ticket..the munster senior club quarter final is the same price €10..also is there a problem with the Gaelic grounds not being used for these games??garryspillane brought to rathkeale last night and the week before adare/Ballybrown taken to killbreedy..also why are these games in midweek with fellas away in college..I'm pretty sure all players aren't based in limerick..rant over.."
Not sure about the tickets as I have no problem with it but the majority of clubs rather have mid-week games for U21, most of U21 players are students with weekend jobs.

cityman73 (Limerick) - Posts: 595 - 28/11/2021 18:34:19    2391051

Link

Replying To Shocs07:  "Probably better than trying to use turf..."
Good man Shocs. Ace reply! That fella shouldn't be back again bothering good Limerick people, if he's got any bit of savvy at all!

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 735 - 29/11/2021 16:06:29    2391129

Link

Replying To foreveryoung:  "Good man Shocs. Ace reply! That fella shouldn't be back again bothering good Limerick people, if he's got any bit of savvy at all!"
You're right, that fella won't be back again to bother the good people of Limerick! lol
Showing your true colours now 'foreveryoung' or should we call you Oisín of Tír na nÓg - far away and out of touch. I was joking as the good people of Limerick, the ones with a sense of humour understand. They were the ones who used the term, The Green Machine and I jokingly commented that it was well run on JP oil. Once the Tipp lads get their way and ban the throw pass neither turf nor oil will be sufficient, we'll be back to off the cuff, first time hurling like it used to be some years ago.

baire (Galway) - Posts: 1100 - 01/12/2021 13:10:21    2391291

Link

Replying To baire:  "You're right, that fella won't be back again to bother the good people of Limerick! lol
Showing your true colours now 'foreveryoung' or should we call you Oisín of Tír na nÓg - far away and out of touch. I was joking as the good people of Limerick, the ones with a sense of humour understand. They were the ones who used the term, The Green Machine and I jokingly commented that it was well run on JP oil. Once the Tipp lads get their way and ban the throw pass neither turf nor oil will be sufficient, we'll be back to off the cuff, first time hurling like it used to be some years ago."
Cian lynch got pulled a couple of years ago for a throw. Replays on the Sunday game showed it was legitimate. Limerick have perfected the handpass to a very high standard. If you want to ban it then they've also perfected the short stick pass so would you also like that banned and go back to ground hurling like "the good old days"

The game has never been healthier. Enjoy the incredible skills on show.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 552 - 01/12/2021 13:56:38    2391300

Link

Replying To baire:  "You're right, that fella won't be back again to bother the good people of Limerick! lol
Showing your true colours now 'foreveryoung' or should we call you Oisín of Tír na nÓg - far away and out of touch. I was joking as the good people of Limerick, the ones with a sense of humour understand. They were the ones who used the term, The Green Machine and I jokingly commented that it was well run on JP oil. Once the Tipp lads get their way and ban the throw pass neither turf nor oil will be sufficient, we'll be back to off the cuff, first time hurling like it used to be some years ago."
It will be a great day for Limerick when the hand pass is outlawed, as no team tackles the man in possession as hard, as they do and nobody delivers long accurate stick passes better. Speed on the day the hand pass is history I say. We have whipped Tipp in six times in the last nine years in Munster and with the 'auld' handpass gone we will kick their asses even more often. BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 3266 - 01/12/2021 15:07:31    2391314

Link