National Forum

2022 Wexford Intercounty Hurling

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "the not playing for so many weeks arguemrent was blown out of the water by ballygunner today, its did not affect them , it seemed to me the rapps were not really bothered, or were just not good enough, one of their main players went off to play rugby, he was not much bothered was he?"
Ballygunner are 2nd favourites for the All Ireland for a reason and were playing a team missing 1 of the top 3 maybe even the best hurler to the country in Tony Kelly. Nick Doyle is entitled to prioritise Rugby over GAA if he wants too, he missed football championship games too, the only person not bothered it seems was you not to bother doing your research.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3814 - 28/11/2021 19:10:11    2391055

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "Ballygunner are 2nd favourites for the All Ireland for a reason and were playing a team missing 1 of the top 3 maybe even the best hurler to the country in Tony Kelly. Nick Doyle is entitled to prioritise Rugby over GAA if he wants too, he missed football championship games too, the only person not bothered it seems was you not to bother doing your research."
To be fair I don't think Tony Kelly could have saved them today, Ballygunner were leagues ahead in terms of first touch/teamplay/and overall skill levels.

Bon (Kildare) - Posts: 1391 - 28/11/2021 21:36:57    2391065

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "the not playing for so many weeks arguemrent was blown out of the water by ballygunner today, its did not affect them , it seemed to me the rapps were not really bothered, or were just not good enough, one of their main players went off to play rugby, he was not much bothered was he?"
You are missing the point completely. All the Ballygunner lads wouldve been playing hurling challenge games and doing hurling training together the last few weeks since the Waterford final. Most wouldnt have been playing Championship football the last 2 months.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 3320 - 29/11/2021 08:24:44    2391069

Link

Replying To Bon:  "To be fair I don't think Tony Kelly could have saved them today, Ballygunner were leagues ahead in terms of first touch/teamplay/and overall skill levels."
Ballygunner have been knocking on the door the last few years now. They have an excellent team backboned by a few members of Waterfords outstanding AI U21 winning team. They have great facilities and are really well organised on and off the pitch. Wouldnt surprise me at all if they win Munster again and could go all the way tbh.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 3320 - 29/11/2021 08:27:54    2391070

Link

Ballyhea minus Tony Kelly are a completely different animal up against one of the outright favourites for the Club All Ireland. Bit oif a difference between the Rapps being beaten by the Laois Champions.

Its rubbish that the Rapps werent bothered but 10 weeks from playing championship level hurling is huge, at this time of the year momentum is huge. I know from talking to the Rapps lads they found the break a huge issue.

tearintom (Wexford) - Posts: 885 - 29/11/2021 09:25:00    2391076

Link

Replying To Bon:  "To be fair I don't think Tony Kelly could have saved them today, Ballygunner were leagues ahead in terms of first touch/teamplay/and overall skill levels."
Oh I agree but looking in hindsight any chance they had was gone once he was out injured.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 3814 - 29/11/2021 10:47:18    2391084

Link