National Forum

Why Cork Cant Win More All Irelands In Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Rolo2010:  "And you boys still managed to kill it off despite this. Good. Football is the superior game anyway."
Stop Rolo. You're contributing nothing at this stage, I'm beginning to suspect you're a wum.

Galway9801 (Galway) - Posts: 949 - 26/09/2021 14:40:12    2383001

Link

Replying To Greengrass:  "Oh dear !!!!"
Sorry Greengrass that was a little tongue in cheek . Only a little though.

UtahBlaine (Galway) - Posts: 99 - 26/09/2021 14:52:57    2383007

Link

Replying To Rolo2010:  "And you boys still managed to kill it off despite this. Good. Football is the superior game anyway."
Have another rolo there, good ladeen yourself!

baire (Galway) - Posts: 1102 - 26/09/2021 15:21:45    2383013

Link

Replying To UtahBlaine:  "Sorry Greengrass that was a little tongue in cheek . Only a little though."
No bother Utah . I was taken in by it. Only a little though.

Greengrass (Louth) - Posts: 5691 - 26/09/2021 15:32:52    2383015

Link

Replying To Galway9801:  "Stop Rolo. You're contributing nothing at this stage, I'm beginning to suspect you're a wum."
You are correct. Completely clueless on pretty much everything.

bennybunny (Cork) - Posts: 3878 - 26/09/2021 17:39:45    2383038

Link

Replying To Pikeman96:  "I fail to see any logic in this statement, no matter how hard I try.

Let's say for argument's sake that you did indeed have a popular game that was distinct from hurling in "the south". How exactly would interest in "the south" in the evolving new form of hurling kill off the game that was played in your own part of the country, if there was still sufficient interest in that game in your own part of the country to keep it alive?

Surely it was fading interest in your own part of the country in that particular game that killed it off?

Would be a bit like if road bowling in Cork died off over the next few years, and they blamed people in Leinster or Connacht for it, because of how they never bought into in the first place.

Or the sort of outdoor skittles game that's still played in a pub league around North Wexford most summers. Would be like if that died off, and the few involved in it blamed people in Donegal for its demise, because of how those Donegal people never developed or promoted a similar game.

Frankly ridiculous all round."
Outdoor skittles still popular around South Wexford too Pikeman!

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 3326 - 27/09/2021 19:02:44    2383226

Link

Replying To Viking66:  "Outdoor skittles still popular around South Wexford too Pikeman!"
It's nice to hear that Wexford has a sport in which they're probably better than any other county. Just like Cork with the road bowling.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 740 - 29/09/2021 16:22:42    2383558

Link

Replying To bennybunny:  "You are correct. Completely clueless on pretty much everything."
Just like a few other delusional posters on here.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 740 - 29/09/2021 16:56:14    2383566

Link

while it is deviating away from the topic abit (why caork cant win more All Irelands in football) I seen a poster said that hurling was kind of the posh game and football was secondary (badly paraphrased but that was the gist) I remember back in 1998/99 around in Bridge House in Tullamore, Offaly footballers were there being presented with either 1997 Leinster Medals or 1998 League medals (either or and not sure of exact date) but Offaly hurlers at the time had a meal or something (could have been 1998 AI medal presentation maybe) in the Bridge house same night, and while hurling stock myself, I noticed a distinct "uppedyness" about the footballers and their WAGS, suited and booted as they say but were keeping in their own little cliques with not even an nod out of them to anyone,, the hurlers, were very more down to earth, and while it wasnt regular patrons place to be crowding either party out, the hurlers were all very friendly and acknowledged anyone who passed by with a greeting, footballers were very closed circle and a member of staff was telling me the hurlers were very easy to deal with etc...that was then I know and possibly unfair on all footballers present I know..just saying the perception could be seen clearly, one group were very..Im sure every county with both codes will make arguments of same (or not) but I see some of them same footballers retired now and they think their own you know what doesnt smell...all cliques and what have you...

Fairplayalways (Offaly) - Posts: 866 - 30/09/2021 17:10:18    2383817

Link