Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

National Forum

The GAA - Financial And Marketing

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To yew_tree:  "How so? Fund raising not allowed now it is? Roscommon GAA were gifted a house "Win a house in Athlone" - which I've zero issue with btw. More power to them."
Had to pay cost price and stamp duty!

Seanfan (Roscommon) - Posts: 962 - 30/09/2026 10:01:00    2695638

Link

Replying To Seanfan:  "Is that in accordance with the GAA's ethos???"
I'm also wondering what you think the problem with it might be?

No different in essence from if my club arranged a challenge match with your club, somehow drummed up interest in it, and we decided to charge a tenner a head for people to see it and split the proceeds afterwards.

Pikeman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 4119 - 30/09/2026 11:52:48    2695661

Link

Croke Park is among 23 bids from ten different countries to host an Investec Champions Cup final in the near future.

Since the NFL upgraded croke park it is getting a lot of events. The NFL doesn't get a lot of credit of it's investment as the GAA is cashing in it. Compared to AFL the relationship has benefited the GAA hugely financially.

I am not sure when the champions cup final is but Leinster teams building staduims frees up croke park to host more events

Kew (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 01/10/2026 06:28:11    2695755

Link

Replying To Kew:  "Croke Park is among 23 bids from ten different countries to host an Investec Champions Cup final in the near future.

Since the NFL upgraded croke park it is getting a lot of events. The NFL doesn't get a lot of credit of it's investment as the GAA is cashing in it. Compared to AFL the relationship has benefited the GAA hugely financially.

I am not sure when the champions cup final is but Leinster teams building staduims frees up croke park to host more events"
I'm shocked you're for this, you normally have nothing good to say about the GAA.

Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 2518 - 01/10/2026 10:56:49    2695782

Link

The Indo podcast were talking about club management in Monaghan and highlighting how managers are asking for 250 euro a training session adding up to 1k a week? Seems a lot but I heard a Galway hurling team had been paying 50k to management and didn't believe it until I heard this on the indo podcast. Is this common enough for the top teams around the country? Or just a handful of teams who have money ?

Kew (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 07/10/2026 07:41:31    2696474

Link

Replying To Kew:  "The Indo podcast were talking about club management in Monaghan and highlighting how managers are asking for 250 euro a training session adding up to 1k a week? Seems a lot but I heard a Galway hurling team had been paying 50k to management and didn't believe it until I heard this on the indo podcast. Is this common enough for the top teams around the country? Or just a handful of teams who have money ?"
More fool the clubs who pay that sort of cash out. It's scandalous what's going on. Every club has the managers on the circuit going around to different clubs like a merry go round without little or any success.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 12291 - 07/10/2026 09:59:00    2696485

Link

Replying To Kew:  "The Indo podcast were talking about club management in Monaghan and highlighting how managers are asking for 250 euro a training session adding up to 1k a week? Seems a lot but I heard a Galway hurling team had been paying 50k to management and didn't believe it until I heard this on the indo podcast. Is this common enough for the top teams around the country? Or just a handful of teams who have money ?"
Exactly.

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 8777 - 07/10/2026 10:38:24    2696487

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "More fool the clubs who pay that sort of cash out. It's scandalous what's going on. Every club has the managers on the circuit going around to different clubs like a merry go round without little or any success."
It's amazing clubs can raise so much money. I'd sooner pay a top class forward to join the club over a manager. I know the Galway club is already out of the championship so that money wasnt worth it. At least they were a senior team. paying 1k a week for intermediate is crazy

Kew (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 07/10/2026 12:17:29    2696501

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "More fool the clubs who pay that sort of cash out. It's scandalous what's going on. Every club has the managers on the circuit going around to different clubs like a merry go round without little or any success."
Don't I know well, more fool to the counties as well. Least ye your own lad doesn't charge too much.

Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 2518 - 07/10/2026 21:18:33    2696554

Link