National Forum

Popular Posts from jimbodub

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Dublin V Louth - What A Farce - 11 Like(s)
You'd wonder where Louth GAA would be now if they weren't blatantly robbed of a deserved Leinster title in 2010 That win could have brought more players into the game and given them a lot of motivation, winning breeds winning. Ask the Kerry lads.. golden ticket to a semifinal for over a hundred years certainly kept those kids showing up, that and there being SFA else to be doing Unfortunately the exact opposite happened for Louth and now we have Meath supporters making snide remarks about their performance against Dublin... Short self serving memories indeed.

jimbodub (National) - 29/05/2019 08:07:08

Stephen Cluxton 100 - 10 Like(s)

Replying To WanPintWin:  "Not forgetting Kerry greats Eoin Liston and Colm Cooper. Two fine English surnames."
Huh.. explains something An English named man that reigned over his mighty kingdom and considered GAA Royalty by his loyal subjects. It's no wonder he had such an exuberantly expensive state dinner in his honor.

jimbodub (National) - 12/06/2019 09:18:42

Dublin V Louth - What A Farce - 10 Like(s)

Replying To lilylanger:  "I can't find any figures on any counties sponsorship deals apart from Dublin. Link please?"
Hard to account for yankie brown envelopes... and or rich sugar daddies

jimbodub (National) - 29/05/2019 19:43:19

Joanne Cantwell - 10 Like(s)

Replying To realdub:  "First of all let me say I like Joanne, she's very good and will get better. But in the name of RTE's lefty agenda, Moloney was never going to get the gig, I'm surprised Panty Bliss didn't get it at this stage."
Lol Couldn't agree more I've worked in the industry my entire adult life and studied it for years before that There was no justification for her landing that gig ahead of far more seasoned and qualified broadcasters who enjoyed far more experience. It was an absolute strategic move made by RTÉ after suffering a lot of bad PR regarding gender inequalities It was a pat on the head move to appease the noise being made against them.

jimbodub (National) - 31/01/2019 10:33:23

2019 State Aid Free Championship - 9 Like(s)
Congrats to Kildare Current minor & U20 Leinster Champions & All Ireland Champions Hugely impressive and the work being done in Kildare must be top drawer Quick.. FFS Split Dublin! Thank feck we have an outstanding senior side! Despite all the "advantages" despite the funding going into underage in schools which these kids would have benefited from... ( which is supposedly responsible for the sky falling down over certain hysterical posters counties) We can't seem to buy ourselves an underage title... But.. but.. all the funding... I'm so confused!

jimbodub (National) - 06/07/2019 21:26:09

MONEY - 9 Like(s)
LoL Cluxton is a lecturer in DCU.. Yes you've certainly done your research alright haha I can confirm that SC had 3 months off over the summer apart from sorting out a few bits and bobs Just like most secondary school teachers I seem to recall Mr Donaghy taking plenty of time off work to concentrate on his football "Whaaat duuya mahek ovv dhaat"

jimbodub (National) - 24/09/2019 13:39:20

Dublin Stars Pocketing €6,000 For Promotional Gigs - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "link As the hoganstand article suggests Dublin stars can expect to make up to €10,000 for appearances if they win the 5 in a row. Different ball game in the capital."
How do you know what else other county players are getting? Good on them Breaking their arse to be as good as they are

jimbodub (National) - 08/06/2019 16:40:07

Dublin V Louth - What A Farce - 9 Like(s)
Dubs sponsorship gets spread out over football/hurling at all age levels male and female It's 100% NOT pumped solely into one senior football team (unlike some) Hurlers are rightly funded just as much as footballers Footballers generally but not exclusively go further in competitions so need the additional funding Mayo spent more than Dublin on their football team in the last number of years https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/mayo-the-big-spenders-this-graph-breaks-down-each-countys-costs-in-2016-35458592.html Plenty of counties spending very big and breaking the €1million mark But at least Dublin as a true dual county aren't just primarily focusing funding on their senior football team.. How much does Monaghan pump into hurling? Equal to football?

jimbodub (National) - 29/05/2019 19:42:00

The Dubs, The Monies & The Prejudices - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "I knew this reaction was inevitable. It's why I have been slow to acknowledge or admit what I thought. I think you know my heart is blue Jim, you know me better than anyone here. So you must know how disillusioned I am to be even having this discussion. Sorry but it's how I feel buddy. Cue cries of "liamo has been in limerick too long" etc etc My "dubness" will be doubted etc. I didn't say what u said lightly. You know this. See at the end of the day, I love the Dubs, you know I do ....but I love football even more. COYBIB"
Chief.. That's all up to you. I haven't forgotten what it took to achieve this era of success, there's a revisionist narrative at play here that doesn't stack up to the actual games. You know the actual stats of play involved in determining who won what! Sort of important information.. the actual events year on year.. All those ridiculously close and competitive games where a single kick of a ball decided it all. All Played on the same pitch where only a few years before we couldn't beat a team outside Leinster even though we enjoyed the advantage of playing far more games at HQ compared to the teams that beat us with ease at times There was no Croke Park advantages then man! Unfortunately you seem to have forgotten. Nothing else I can say and tbh such a post was fully warranted in response to your own. I'm glad you feel disheartened for saying such. Because you're 100% diminishing the substantial efforts that these fellas have put in to achieve what they have just because you're not satisfied on a certain level. Feck off out of that! With all due respect I agree with what you're saying about the S8 games, but sorry the rest of it... nah. You're wallowing in some sort of self imposed BS. I remember what it took to win those games. It's a pity you don't. It's the only logical explanation, because if you remembered yourself you wouldn't be banging on like this. We won games we should have lost.. it's been that close.. game after game of legendary battles.. I listed them all, those games will go down as absolute classics, yet you're taking like this.... Daft.

jimbodub (National) - 29/06/2019 22:41:49

Congratulations To Limerick - 9 Like(s)
Marvelously joyous scenes today. A truly great Irish sporting moment. A historic day for Limerick GAA and all their fans and again what fantastic scenes at the end of the game. Caps off what was probably one of the greatest Hurling Championships of all time. Hope it's a great week in Limerick city and beyond.. enjoy! It's going to be some homecoming!!

jimbodub (National) - 19/08/2018 20:36:55

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 8 Like(s)

Replying To extranjero:  "I just read Joe's article. Particularly loved this bit.... "My father, a veteran republican, fluent Irish speaker and traditional musician steeped in all things Gaelic quipped to me during the week, " Don't be too hard on the southerners Joe, some of them are almost as Irish as we are." " You've just gotta love anyone who co-opts specific aspects of a culture to infer their superiority over others, eh?"
Very well said. It's the same way the loyalists carry on up there.. They try so hard to be British. Ultra British!! Banging drums and marching about the place.. Look at me! Look at me! It's a very similar thing the other way around. There's many a super-duper Irishman up north and they make sure to let us know how great they are.. Look at me! I'm ohh so Irish... Well done you think you're more Irish.. I couldn't care less. I don't particularly think it's anything to be proud of.. Personally I don't like nationalism. It's an enclosed world and I grew out of that nonsense many moons ago. It just doesn't make sense. It's a big world and there's many aspects of other cultures that are superior to our own.

jimbodub (National) - 17/06/2018 14:44:10

Stephen Cluxton 100 - 8 Like(s)
Cluxton didn't swim He walked.

jimbodub (National) - 11/06/2019 21:04:59

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 8 Like(s)
It's not on. Simple as that. But sure Ulsterman has called southern posters "free staters" on here in the past Many a time have I seen Ulster posters / country posters call their Dublin counter parts West Brits and Jackeens etc which always struck me as particularly strange especially coming from Ulster posters. It's the same discriminatory language used and for the same reasons. To insinuate that we're somehow lesser. Dublin posters call country posters culchies/mullahs/muckers Plenty of it gets floated about

jimbodub (National) - 15/06/2018 11:14:35

The Dubs, The Monies & The Prejudices - 8 Like(s)
I think the two S8 games is wrong. Another away game was very doable and would have created a great spectacle. Bad bloody call. Not the Dublin panels doing. I think we should play all Leinster games up to semifinal stage or even final outside of Croke Park (Although would it have made a huge difference IMO we'd have still won the same amount of titles this decade) Unfortunately it was all voted in by a large majority to make sure that happens. Nothing to do with Dublin panel. I think Dublin's panel under Jim Gavin is the greatest advantage of all. The evidence is clearly there to back that up. The 6 sub rule has won Dublin many games against top opposition. The quality we can bring on and utilize at the right time has won those games. Absolutely the Dublin panels doing. I do believe though Liam that you are without question being well OTT. Have you not seen the games this decade? Have you forgotten about how truly competitive it's been? The titanic battles seen time and time again in order for Dublin to win? All our major loses have come in Croke Park this decade. We have drawn games there, we have won numerous titles by a single score there. How can you utterly dismiss the truly competitive nature of those games? It took huge endeavor. That is undeniable. Yet that's exactly what you're putting across. You deserve to be brought up on it! You do indeed deserve to be somewhat questioned as to have such a narrow skew on it is completely unjustified. We both have stood in Croke Park and watched Dublin lose on many occasions. We were beaten by the better team in Croke Park over and over with all the natural advantages having that brick and mortar in our county bestows. When a team has been better than us we've lost. We were even hammered. Despite playing more games there than those same teams.. we were beaten by the BETTER team. There was no talk of the Croke Park advantage. In fact it was used as a stick to best us with. "We stuffed you in your own back yard" You've a poor memory Liam. So what's the difference? The difference is that we're much better than we were. The quality of panel is better. We had men like Pat Gilroy, Micky Whelan and Jim Gavin guiding the team. To take such a narrow skewed look at it is utterly dismissing the ultimate commitment it's taken to win some of the most competitive games ever witnessed in Croke Park over several decades. Meath/Tyrone/Cork 2010 Tyrone/Donegal/Kerry 2011 Mayo 2012 Kerry/Mayo 2013 Donegal 2014 Mayo/Mayo/Kerry 2015 Kerry/Mayo/Mayo 2016 Mayo 2017 Dublin could have and should have lost many of those games but opportunities were spurned and Dublin's quality won out and there's been a bit of luck in the mix too. If we lost those games would Croke Park been brought up as an advantage to the Dubs? Not on your life. You know well the level of bile and spit that would have been directed at us. Once again it would have been used as a stick to beat us with and the fact that you've gone down your current way of thinking is utterly questionable and yes.. you poxy well deserve to be slated . Your own take on it is very shallow indeed and in very poor judgement by someone that should know better.

jimbodub (National) - 29/06/2019 16:07:23

David Gough To Referee The Final - 8 Like(s)
David Gough's treatment here is unsettling to see but considering the online hate campaign over several years aimed at Joe McQuillan by posters on this site and prevalent former Kerry players via Twitter only recently.. it's not that surprising in its venom. It's far from unprecedented coming from Kerry GAA But this is of a greater magnitude I'm delighted to see good GAA folk on here coming out against it I can only imagine how he must feel having to listen to this stuff. The fella has worked hard for this opportunity only for his efforts to be absolutely ridiculed in such a personal manner. Sorry but those involved in Kerry GAA that have come out with this unfounded and deeply insulting mud slinging should apologize to the man.

jimbodub (National) - 14/08/2019 17:11:41

Dublin V Louth - What A Farce - 8 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "Some of the tributes were really touching, i read some really poignant tributes over the weeks and there was some lovely scenes down in Portloaise at the weekend in honor, was really fitting given Anton and Paul Flynn that Niall Scully put on an exhibition of half forward play. Hope all's going well for you pal, you've been missed!"
Well said sir. A fitting tribute and Anton will be spoken about in the games ahead. The influence he had on many of the current squad goes beyond sport. He will be in their thoughts and still be a major presence and source of motivation. Cheers for asking man I'm absolutely grand. I've been working flat out for the last few months, work going well and more importantly after a long and perfectly understandable process we were successful and allowed the privilege to became foster parents to a little baby girl a few weeks ago. Quite an amazing experience, best decision we've probably ever made. So many children need help and we decided to do that rather than continue having our own kids. This little girl will be here with us until her parents are ready to have her back. Hopefully that will happen but as it stands she'll be in good hands here and will always have a home one way or the other. Haha I've been missed by some... plenty happy to see the back of me. What number are we at now chief... 28, 29?

jimbodub (National) - 30/05/2019 14:24:20

MONEY - 8 Like(s)
Apple's

jimbodub (National) - 24/09/2019 13:33:11

MONEY - 8 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "6 bought all ire in a row. Some achievement lol"
Ahh now RD Zero respect for you now bud Pity but you've always been as daft as a bag of weasels

jimbodub (National) - 24/09/2019 16:45:13

Seamus Darby Goal - Poor Goalkeeping? - 8 Like(s)
It's Dublin's record now Took many more games for Dublin to complete 4 in a row.

jimbodub (National) - 10/01/2019 16:30:41

Monaghan Vs Dublin - 8 Like(s)
Dublin have barely kicked a ball An away game against a team that always performs against Dublin (especially in the league) will no doubt be difficult I wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan got another good result against Dublin Tough opening trip but looking forward to it.

jimbodub (National) - 20/01/2019 18:13:25