National Forum

Popular Posts from browncows

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

2019 Predictions? - 9 Like(s)
royaldunne-You may be an excellent supporter but your predictions are unfortunately almost 100% incorrect. I do not do bashing. I support the present management just like the last ones and wish them the best in a difficult job. You cannot hide from the facts that the team is no better than it was 3 years ago (maybe not as good), so all this nonsense about we are fitter, more determined is just plain nonsense and you need to waken up to those facts. You will only know whether the team is stronger this year than last year at the end of the league (they had to beat Louth to stay in Div 2 in 2018) but I have seen nothing yet to agree with your optimistic predictions (hope I am completely wrong though). I conclude in saying that I wish all involved the best of luck going forward and it takes excellent commitment to be involved in county football. I do agree with you in that players do need to realise that they always have a good chance of winning.

browncows (Meath) - 04/01/2019 00:57:44

GAA Athletes For A NO Vote - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "I will be destroyed for this but......
Mickey Harte has no business even commenting on this issue as it has nothing to do with him. He is not resident in the ROI. This referendum is for ROI not Ireland as a whole."
He has as much business / entitlement. I would lie to remind to that there is 32 counties in our little country.

browncows (National) - 23/04/2018 13:08:58

Meath V Cork - 9 Like(s)
Unfortunately there are a number of deluded supporters who post (some with great regularity) who think everything they say is important and what is posted makes a difference. I also expect that players or indeed management do not read these sites. Some of the guys who are now complaining were complaining about the last manager (forked tongue I would suggest). I wish all players and management past and present the very best.

browncows (Meath) - 28/02/2018 14:19:21

Meath Player Of The Decade? - 9 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Donal keoghan, graham Reilly, micky burke , stephen bray Kevin Reilly. Hard to take one out of those."
Are you still smoking the ould stuff?

browncows (Meath) - 26/07/2019 10:00:16

Donegal V Meath - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Rockies:  "It's 2019 not 1969. No problem . Up the M1..exit by Arden ..,aim for Omagh and then into the promised land."
No tractors on Sunday-sabbath observed, the keep the tractors locked up!. The best way going from Kells /Navan is up the N3, go on Cavanbypass and continue on main Rd where by Belturbet is bypassed (very good road from Cavan to the Fermanagh border). Go thu Teemore/ Derrylin and into Enniskillen, head out towards Brewster park and go Irvinstown Rd where you turn left and head to Kesh and then to Pettigo. You then head over the mountain into Old Laghy. Go to Donegal town bypass and then thru the Barnsmore Gap to Ballyboyey- have a pleasant journey as a good day is forecast. This is the route most Donegal folk take to Donegal town and would not normally be busy on Sundays.

browncows (National) - 10/07/2019 13:22:33

David Gough To Referee The Final - 8 Like(s)

Replying To festinog:  "I suppose it's only natural now that the Meath seniors are little more than fluffers for Dublin in the run up to more serious games, their fans would have to find something else to get excited about. And what's better than a Meath man who has come closer to stopping Dublin than any Meath team has in over ten years."
Not sure what the point you are trying to make, but your post does not address any of the issues being discussed on the board. Childlike comments will get you nowhere

browncows (National) - 01/09/2019 21:56:09

Expectations for league? - 8 Like(s)
Meathgaa5 (Meath)- Yes and we could stick Royaldunne in midfield beside him and give him a roaming job -he could link up with Biggy for a chat!

browncows (Meath) - 29/01/2017 12:45:25

Meath 2018 - 8 Like(s)
On a much more important topic I wish Sean Cox of Dunboyne GAA a speedy recovery from that horrible random attack in Liverpool. I wish all the best to him and his family at this time.

browncows (Meath) - 26/04/2018 17:13:20

Tactics if Meath play Dublin next year? - 8 Like(s)

Replying To southmeathgael:  "Ah will ya give over......its not negativety.....its simply being honest with ourselves and stating things factually.....we are so far behind Dublin it's scary and I can say now in my opinion no matter how the league goes or what players we have we aren't Getting within 8 points of them. Believe you me that sickens nobody more then myself but it's just the reality of it now.....and to suggest that fans showing blind faith and possitivity on a forum is somehow going to change the outcome is make believe stuff altogether."
I agree with you and saying it as you see it is not being pessimistic. Sometimes you have to be able to assess accurately where you are before you start on a successful journey. Some folk write off the O'Byrne cup and say that it is nothing yet interesting enough JIm Gavin (the stand out manager of our time) has quoted it in his success this year. It was won for the first time in 10 years over 1 year ago - winning any competition is good and the Dubs won it last year with a second string. The problem inside the county at present is that you could put out another team, as good as the present one -but it would be no more successful. It is very difficult for players to commit knowing that in the next year or two you are not going to beat the Dubs- the standout team of our time. Now over time I see the team improving (I hope) and I see the Dubs falling from the high level that they are now at-when the decline comes is difficult to predict and I do not go along with this notion of money bringing success. You need the players, you need the commitment and you need the prospect of success. Some posters say it is all about the league- when did the league become more important than the championship? You start where you are and win as many matches as you can going forward-build confidence. I wish everyone involved the very best going forward and just hope that the fools of supporters stay at home- the ones who shout abuse from the stands/side lines when things go wrong on the field of play.

browncows (Meath) - 21/10/2017 12:31:31

Meath V Cork - 8 Like(s)
Furlong1949 (Meath)- I wish a speedy recovery to your parent and hope all goes well into the future for you. We all give our opinions about football and sometimes we make comments to give a bit of a rise. However, there are much more important things in life with the health and welfare of those close to us the most significant.

browncows (Meath) - 22/03/2018 19:31:25

GAA Clubs Had It Tough In The North During The Troubles - 7 Like(s)

Replying To PaudieSull1:  "Maybe you should have experienced what many clubs did up here bloodyban and see are you so blasé......Sean fox a man in his 70s tortured for several hours in his own home just because he was a member of St Endas, Sean Brown murdered locking the gates of Bellaghy, the numerous GAA clubs burned to the ground or having their grounds/clubrooms damagrd often with the connivance of the local UDR etc.....those are uncomfortable facts, thankfully we have moved beyond those days in many ways but don't try belittle what people went through as it's insulting and ignorant"
You are correct and of course we all live in the present and should move on and live in peace with all our neighbours. However, we should all be aware of our recent past and what went as normal everyday life when you had a state involved in murders. Some guys posting here appear to be happy to forget where they came from.

browncows (National) - 29/01/2019 11:45:29

Cork v Meath - 7 Like(s)
Htaem (Meath) - It would be a very dull tread if everyone was posting the same opinions!!

browncows (Meath) - 16/03/2017 19:43:09

Joe Brolly Finished With RTE - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Bon:  "It was easy to listen to with intelligent respectful analysis. Pat Spillane was extremely dignified in defeat. Brolly was zero loss whatsoever."
Pat's analysis is no different than Brolly's - very poor-both of them could do with a trip to spec savers. I remember his slogan 'puke football'. In the match today there were periods when back passing went on for 1 minute plus and as Kerry were involved, the match was considered a classic by him. Match analysis is carried out by individuals and their analysis is no better than you would get in the average pub around the country- the analysis is a game in itself and RTE plays it own game.

browncows (National) - 15/09/2019 01:51:30

The O'Byrne Cup - 7 Like(s)
RoylerKing (Meath) Is that the Reilly you referred to who played corner back against Down and got a bit of a roasting (don't think his name was benny though). If Ross gets the same chances as the corner forwards (or indeed any of the forwards) who were there last year I would expect to be at least as good. I would agree with the comment that the first line of defence is your full forward line. Who makes the team or not will be decided by the management and not by posters.

browncows (Meath) - 17/01/2017 18:35:24

O Byrne Cup 2019 - 7 Like(s)
I have seen both matches and the difference is the type of football being played. Westmeath attack with pace while we spend all our time with about 12 players behind the ball with nobody marking anybody. To improve we need to change the style of football that we have been trying to play over the last 4-5years. Dublin as a team are above the sum of the individuals while we are the reverse -below the sum of the individuals. Wish everyone the best next weekend.

browncows (Meath) - 19/01/2019 11:14:29

Meath v Donegal - 7 Like(s)
ROYALOPTIMIST (Meath) -Your second post was one of the better balanced contributions to this tread/board in a very long time. You dealt with specific points and without any offending/negative remarks about past or present teams/management.

browncows (Meath) - 05/07/2017 13:35:42

Meath v Derry - 7 Like(s)

Replying To srgt_slaughter:  "it was €12 for a pre paid ticket and €15 for a ticket at the gate last week so don't know what your issue is if anything that represents great value for money. last week was scandalous with €15 for a single game"
It was 12 euros both days for a student and OAP and that was what was posted at entrance. I am not a student but 12 euros is ridiculous for guys who are not in employment, being subsidised by parents with most of them keeping the games going by playing. Typical greed which appears the norm now- the guys in CP are on pretty good salaries you will find. 5 euros would be fine

browncows (Meath) - 13/02/2017 09:44:55

Andy Moran retires - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "I suppose when you look at it Andy Moran retiring this week has taken the spotlight off the Dubs going for 5 in a row, RTE might cancel Up for the Match on Saturday night to do a prime time special on Andy Moran, the Roscommon man who nearly won an All Ireland with Mayo, fascinating stuff."
Not sure what point you are trying to make but winning AI's does not make a player great. There are great players from counties who never won anything. Moran was very good player and if you knew a little bit of history you would know that his club was inside Mayo when the club was formed, but subsequently changed into Roscommon by a landlord for financial gain- you are obviously happy to go with the landlord!

browncows (National) - 29/08/2019 11:23:09

Plans For Moving Forward....If Any ! - 7 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "So then there is absolutely no issue with Meath league performance this year? Glad also to see that you have got over the fact that we beat Galway with mod."
Unlike yourself I have not criticised any manager past or present irrespective of how successful they are and I have gave no opinion on league performance -it is result based. You obviously have not read some of your own posts. I do take issue with others like yourself who claim certain players are excellent when in fact the are average even by any standard including club standard.

browncows (Meath) - 18/04/2018 00:28:06

The O'Byrne Cup - 7 Like(s)
Last year when we lost big leads many posters said it was fitness, now 12 months on that has changed to switching off mentally. Now I do not know which it is but it is very early days. I do not see Louth as much of test-maybe Kildare. I see the stronger teams inside the province (outside Dublin) as possibly Kildare / Laois and possibly Westmeath, after that Louth/Longford/Banty!

browncows (Meath) - 19/01/2017 15:16:18