National Forum

Popular Posts from Jack_Goff

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 13 Like(s)
I think I justified not attending. Most meath fans stayed away too. I presume the GAA will provide meath with 1.5m a year in funding now. We need it more then Dublin.

Jack_Goff (National) - 23/06/2019 17:35:16

Taking Dublin away - I was right! - 11 Like(s)
I was banging the drum for a long time saying it's a joke Dublin get to play all their championship matches in their de facto home croke Park and that if they'd played their fair share away for the last 10 years they might not have won some of the leinsters they did. Last year against laois and this year carlow has proved the idea right. Both matches a lot more exciting then they would have been in a boring half empty croker. We were told nowhere could accommodate the Dublin fans. But last year and this year they came nowhere near to selling out the venues. They can be easily accommodated for the lesser matches. Another argument was they should maximise revenue by playing it in croker. If that was the case they'd have meath playing all their early matches in navan because we get a bigger crowd in navan then we get travelling to croker, tullamore carlow, portlaoise etc. Anyway glad to see one of my ideas proved correct. If the ref didn't gift Dublin everything as usual then this would have been a close contest right to the end rather then for 40mins.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/06/2017 20:22:19

GAA Coaching / Game Development Grants By County 2007-2018 - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "These are development grants. Of course they should be proportionate to the population. So if Leitrim had more clubs than Kerry you'd be in favour of Leitrim receiving more funding than Kerry to develop and promote the game amongst a fraction of the Kerry population? Eh I don't think so but sure any excuse to have a crack at the 4 in a row champs."
The point is they are not proportionate. Why can't most Dubs like yourselves not acknowledge this fact? 15 times higher then cork yet your population is 1.3m and corks is 0.5m. There's absolutely nothing fair about these grants under any metric. Then you use the excuse of competing with soccer and Rugby. Well by that logic Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Derry and any of the big towns in Wicklow, Meath, Louth and Kildare should be getting huge funding also. I'm looking forward to the day when Dublin posters acknowledge the imbalance. You want other counties to pull their socks up and make Leinster competitive again yet you are happy with funding staying the same.

Jack_Goff (National) - 17/02/2019 13:55:38

Did Meath Mentally Collapse Yesterday? - 11 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "I don't want to see anybody who wasn't at yesterday's game at the next one. I drove in snow to ballybofey, and drove home. I drove almost twice to ennis (turning back halfway there due to cancellation) but next day out again, I drove on a Saturday afternoon to pairc ui rinn and drove home , I drove to portlaoise, and 3 times to Croke Park. I don't want to see anyone at the next game who couldn't bother their ass to go to a Leinster final. Rant over."
You're out of luck because I'll be there. I went to all league games this year bar 1 home and away all championship matches bar the leinster final. If Meath fans boycotted in protest of funding like I did change would happen sooner. The price of the ticket also needs to be changed. Now there was probably only 6k or 7k meath fans in Croker which is well short of the 20k/30k we've taken to big matches before. Next year if we play Dublin far less meath fans will travel and rightly so. We'll have more meath fans in navan for our league matches next year please god then went to the Dublin game on Sunday.

Jack_Goff (National) - 24/06/2019 20:00:04

All Ireland - Leinster Championship Draw 2020 - 11 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Yeah it's a open draw after the quarter finals are done. Keeps teams interested is the idea behind it. Can't see us not reaching the semis. And then? Well who knows we could be after a great league, would we fear Laois or Kildare? No I think we would beat either. Also dubs? If we have a good game v them in league it will stand to us. I still think we one of the few teams who can put it up to them, apart from our inability to put the bloody ball over the bar this year we matched them in most other areas over 60 mins. So bring them on. Imo we will play them no matter what, be it semifinals or final."
How many more hammerings from Dublin until you finally realise it's pros vs amateurs?

Jack_Goff (Meath) - 08/10/2019 21:36:46

Dublin's Success Not Down To Money - GAA President - 10 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "I'd also add allowing us to develop our own ground, with premium and corporate seating, that where the real money is for us."
Nothing stopping you. The money generated by Dublin is a fraction of what it once was in terms of ticket sales. This will only further decrease. The increase in hurling is making up for it somewhat at least. I'd be happy with a GAA that was played between actual counties. Not a province with the funds of a province. It's just pointless at this stage and the gap will widen. Nobody would miss the Dubs if they were removed. It would bring that magic feeling back to the matches that sadly only the hurling fans get now.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/08/2019 22:29:13

Kildare Maintain Underage Superiority In Leinster - 10 Like(s)
Not looking forward to the next 15 years when all this Kildare underage domination leads to them winning 14 out of 15 senior titles. Dark days ahead. Does anybody here seriously think Kildare will beat Dublin in Leinster in the next 10 years?

Jack_Goff (National) - 06/07/2019 23:52:38

Mayo V Dublin - 10 Like(s)
Make or break for the GAA. If Dublin hammer mayo it's over as a spectacle. Fingers crossed we get two competitive semis and a new name on the trophy. The sport badly needs it.

Jack_Goff (National) - 04/08/2019 19:06:12

2019 Attendances - 9 Like(s)
36,000 the attendance between the 4 teams. Tragic. Our football has become the Scottish league only worse.

Jack_Goff (National) - 20/07/2019 19:58:59

Dublin V Roscommon - 9 Like(s)
This is like a funeral.

Jack_Goff (National) - 20/07/2019 20:01:08

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 9 Like(s)

Replying To arock:  "And what kind of money do you need? 1 million, 2 million? I bet no one in Meath or Kildare has even a plan never mind a notion of what to do. If the GAA declares Dublin is self-financing it just means Dublin can (and will have to) go out and earn more money - for itself. And the Dublin sum used to support GDO's say 1.5 million gets divided up by 31 counties you should have enough to just about afford the diesel to cut the grass. The issue is way way bigger than any of that. Unfortunately most counties are going to have to self-finance just like most Dublin clubs without any kind of financial support. Kildare for example should have renovated their county ground or better still invested in their GDO schools system, but no, instead they spent it on a stupid costly centre of Excellence which practically bankrupted them. A plan, a budget, financial support and some targets of their money that is what is needed, begging bowls need to be kicked right off the table."
Is this a wind up? I'm sorry but maybe if Dublin had to fund a stadium and a centre of excellence while not receiving millions from all angles you'd have been bailed out too. So disrespectful to Kildare to sit on your high horse regarding this. It's actually more financially viable for the GAA to invest in Kildare then your lot. Investing in Dublin has resulted in attendances plummeting and therefore millions in ticket sales lost. Investing in Kildare would ensure the mobilisation of 20k+ Kildare fans, huge fanfare and the Dubs would turn out in big numbers when playing Kildare. It would bring in millions extra in ticket revenue. It's why the GAA is a farce. Investing in the capital is fine but not doing everything to keep their biggest rivals up to standard is one of the biggest own goals in sporting history.

Jack_Goff (National) - 25/06/2019 20:12:14

Supermac's Call For Investigation Into Galway GAA Sponsorship Spending - 9 Like(s)

Replying To moc.dna:  "Nonsense, there are very few AIG type sponsors out there & obviously you never went looking for sponsorship from any major companies, it's a fantasy to think you will match Dublin's AIG sponsor. In fact trying to get any sponsor now to align their professional reputation & hard earned cash with Galway GAA is going to be very difficult even with changes. There is a toxic culture there & nobody wants to be identified with that. If you think it's raining sponsors who will top Supermacs input especially in the lean years as they did, come back & let us know."
Supermacs are quite generous and yet 5 years from them barely matches 1 year from AIG for Dublin. The rest have no chance of competing in this regard. Cork would be the next closest but still miles behind.

Jack_Goff (National) - 02/10/2019 22:05:51

Dublin Stars Pocketing €6,000 For Promotional Gigs - 9 Like(s)
link As the hoganstand article suggests Dublin stars can expect to make up to €10,000 for appearances if they win the 5 in a row. Different ball game in the capital.

Jack_Goff (National) - 08/06/2019 16:11:04

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "Are you planning on signing Dermot Connolly with that money? Meath is a single code county, has a comparatively large population which is increasing and within close proximity of the capital so no training or emigration issues and has a mighty football tradition. 4 points against a backfiring Dublin in a Leinster Final was just tragic. You could waste €1.5bn on that Meath setup and I still think they'd get whipped. If you have no tactics, no heart and can't take points from 15-20 yards out then you're not going to win the community games never mind a Delaney Cup. What are they doing in that fantastic facility, holding bingo nights? That was simply awful from Meath and Dublin were very poor in that first half. Not too sure where the Royal go from here but nobody will fear that."
The fruits of the GAA investment. None of these meath players came up through a development system funded by millions. We just won the christy ring so we are indeed a duel county but again it's very hard to grow hurling in the county without the money. Hurling participation in Dublin increased 98% since you started getting the underage millions. So why couldn't you do that before? Money helps and we need it more then you. A good meath will bring in millions extra in ticket sales. Matches like today's would be packed. So the investment wouldn't go to waste.

Jack_Goff (National) - 23/06/2019 21:35:19

Dublin's Success Not Down To Money - GAA President - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Joxer:  "Yeah that's because Dublin had the floor wiped with then in the two previous years. Big Joe Kernan had invented and mastered the blanket when at the helm of Armagh before Gilroy. McGuinness brought it to an incredible level in 2011. I don't know where Meath were during all of this, rowing over managerial appointments probably."
You are now on record defending Dublin playing puke football when it was necessary. So please don't take digs at any county that tries this tactic against Dublin in future. Or any minnow in general.

Jack_Goff (National) - 15/06/2019 19:46:53

Replying To jimbodub:  "Sources Jack? :)"
link At the very top download and look at that PDF. End of 2016 Dublin GAA had 6.3m sitting in the bank. 500k more then the previous year. I'd hazard a guess that due to winning 2 all ireland's since the revenue coming in is even higher. I'd guess that today there's probably over 7.5m sitting in your bank. It really is a disgrace that such a wealthy county gets so much more then everyone else. Maybe after you do the 10 in a row you'll finally accept it and call for change.

Jack_Goff (National) - 16/06/2019 23:55:04

Replying To BeJasus:  "Of course it is . Damage has been done already , so i dont understand all the moaning and denial from both sides of the argument .. Dublin funding needs to stop right now , and for that money to be and spread around the country over a 10 year phase which allows teams a to close the gap. Dublin dont need anymore funding..its so blatantly obvious."
Dublin have an annual turnover of about 7m and a big surplus too. The GAA should remove the funding the surplus can cover as they clearly don't need it.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/08/2019 20:41:29

Dublin'S Free Count - 8 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "It's wasn't a black card Good call by ref Move along"
You must be just back from another lecture in the Jim Gavin School of PR.

Jack_Goff (National) - 25/06/2019 19:55:48

2019 Attendances - 8 Like(s)
Meath vs kerry 9300 Biggest turn out of meath fans this year. Fantastic to see. The league attendances for Meath next year should be good especially if we remain in contention for the final. Bring it on, can't wait.

Jack_Goff (National) - 03/08/2019 22:31:46

Football Qualifier Round 3 - A Winner From Each Province. - 8 Like(s)

Replying To OhtobeARossie:  "Laois cant play meath so there will be no leinster team after next weekend no matter the draw."
I see you're counting Dublin as a province now. Fair enough.

Jack_Goff (National) - 30/06/2019 05:53:17