National Forum

Popular Posts from MesAmis

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Longford V Meath - 18 Like(s)
It'd be great to see an upset. To see one of the minnows have their day in the sun and give a little joy to the long suffering fans but I just can't see it I'm afraid. Longford by 2.

MesAmis (National) - 15/05/2018 14:46:08

It Will Be 21 Years Since Meath Won Sam - 12 Like(s)
Here's to 21 more ;)

MesAmis (National) - 03/09/2019 17:34:19

Two Different Sets Of Rules - 11 Like(s)

Replying To gaelicgab:  "Diarmuid O'Connor receives a straight red card for an elbow on Paul Conroy last weekend. John Conlon commits a very similar offence on Daniel Kearney today and walks away with just a yellow card. I'm not sure if the referee even awarded a foul for Conlon's challenge. The linesman pulled him up on it afterwards. Two different sets of rules for football and hurling it seems."
It's almost like they're different sports.

MesAmis (National) - 20/05/2018 19:14:46

"Why Should Anybody Have The God-Given Right To See All Games On Television?" - 11 Like(s)
Complete straw man argument Wayne imo. Disagreeing with the Sky deal doesn't equate to believing everyone has a right to watch every single game on TV.

MesAmis (National) - 06/08/2019 17:28:16

How Long Have You Been Posting? - 11 Like(s)
I'm 'fishing' and you took the 'bait', 'amn't I so clever' schtick is a fairly tired way of putting up an unpopular and inflammatory opinion and then not having to have the ability or intelligence to defend it. Royaldunne's pro-Loyalist persona is part of his character by now on here but he's always 'trolling' when replied to for some reason.

MesAmis (National) - 07/10/2019 09:38:38

Posters Crossing The Line - 10 Like(s)

Replying To sceptical:  "Madge great to hear from you & so excited for you! Must be like the eve of an all Ireland final for you over there. If only RTE would have an 'up for the match' for supporters like you on occasions like this it would be great. With all our injury woes, this is probably Cavan's to lose - well that's as long as McLoughlin doesn't bottle it like he did back a few years ago - his jumping out of the way of Hughes was a game changer when we looked like we were in serious trouble. And I have something similar at the back of my mind for Moynagh in 2015. Anyway enjoy the big occasion with the big boys coming to town! greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 454 - 17/05/2019 16:40:09 2184997"
Wonderful sceptical. Just wonderful.

MesAmis (National) - 05/06/2019 14:49:15

Andy Moran retires - 10 Like(s)

Replying To Aibrean:  "Andy was good but Cillian O Connor the highest scorer of all time, FGS!"
By your logic that makes Cillian O'Connor a better forward than Gooch, Maurice Fitzgerald, Peter Canavan, Pat Spillane, Matt Connor etc.......

MesAmis (National) - 26/08/2019 21:13:21

Who Are Dublins Challenger Now? - 10 Like(s)
We were pretty good on Saturday night but I think this talk is a little premature. Tipp, Limerick, Cork, Wexford and Kilkenny will all give us a game ;)

MesAmis (National) - 17/06/2019 10:49:12

David Gough To Referee The Final - 10 Like(s)

Replying To westkerry:  "Dublin will win this game in all likelihood regardless of the Ref but I hope he watches his 2016 performance and learns from it."
Exactly, we don't want anyone getting away with late hits like O'Mahony for away with that day.....

MesAmis (National) - 14/08/2019 13:19:29

Posters Crossing The Line - 10 Like(s)
This thread has crossed a line. When I read the opening post I thought someone was after saying something really bad! Then it turns out it was a clearly lighthearted post that in no way crossed any line or slagged off any player at all. You'd have to wonder about anyone getting offended by that post. Something clearly not right with them if they can't understand a lighthearted satirical post.

MesAmis (National) - 05/06/2019 12:18:18

Donal Óg Cusack Belittles Fellow Gaels - 10 Like(s)
His point, while badly put across, was more that the a resistant attitude to change in hurling tactics is similar to the the resistant attitude to change in Britain towards tactical innovation in soccer which left the Home Nations well behind their more innovative European and South American rivals. How the opening poster thinks he was having a go at the true Gaels or calling people West Brits is beyond me. Maybe his point is BS, maybe not, but at least debate what he was trying to say rather than making out he questioned their true Gaeldom or some other nonsense.

MesAmis (National) - 31/07/2019 21:30:27

How Long Have You Been Posting? - 9 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "I didn't see anything about a hard border or brexit. Now they are things no self respecting southerner would care about. Whereas the gaa?now that is important"
'self respecting southerner' Would you ever give over

MesAmis (National) - 06/10/2019 19:45:42

Cork Playing 3 Games In CP In 6 Days. - 9 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Would ye? And ye wouldn't go to portlaois at all yesterday, of course ye thought all yer boys had to do is turn up and ye'd beat Laois sure."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/columnists/the-joe-mcdonagh-cup-will-never-get-the-respect-these-guys-deserve-935084.html According to Dalo not many of yous showed up in Tralee for Kerry's game v Laois. Just thought the team had to show up yourself?

MesAmis (National) - 08/07/2019 14:24:45

Mayo V Kerry - 9 Like(s)

Replying To centerfield:  "Kerry got enough to last a lifetime down in Limerick in 14 i actually thought the matches between Mayo and Dublin were referred fairly in general just beaten by a better side"
You'd imagine that Mayo fans would be more inclined to give out about referees as they have waited so long to win that they'd be casting around for any excuse but yous tend not to be. In comparison to some of the Kerry lads on here who just whinge any time a ref gives any free against them.

MesAmis (National) - 10/07/2019 10:44:16

Dublin V Cork Super 8S - 9 Like(s)
The Cork takeover of my gaf for the weekend is complete. Arrived home yesterday to 5 more Corkonians in my house, in addition to the one I already keep on a full time basis. Myself and the kids are outnumbered for the weekend but with a bit of luck we'll be shot of them by Monday, although with the Cork footballers due to take on Tyrone up here again next week and the hurlers in with a shout of beating Kilkenny it may only be a temporary reprieve. I suppose we all have our crosses to carry.

MesAmis (National) - 13/07/2019 09:24:42

Should Westmeath V Dublin Be In Mullingar? - 9 Like(s)

Replying To cuttothebone:  "There is no way Leinster council will take Dublin's advantages away from them, Westmeath might not be up to beating them at home next year but they're never going to risk setting a precedent for facing an improving team in the future that would risk ruining their tens of millions pet investment. Unfortunately some teams will let Dublin roll over them but if Kildare find themselves in the 1st round again and drawn against Dublin sometime, the entertainment from the stand off over the venue alone would be worth it.."
This is from Kildare who have in the past played their home league match against Dublin in Croke Park. If the Leinster counties that aren't Dublin all grow a pair then yous could have Dublin on the road for every game. Laois were awful vocal in 2016, but silent the other years. Carlow were vocal in 2017, but silent the other years. Wicklow in 2018 etc etc I wonder what the Westmeath CB reps thought of the situation before this year?? The game should be in Mullingar but the 11 other county boards in Leinster really struggle with having a party in a brewery.

MesAmis (National) - 08/10/2019 22:39:18

Mayo Ladies Walk Out - 9 Like(s)

Replying To arock:  "The only people making it a female issue are condescending males who barely tolerate females even as partners never mind sports people. I too have been listening to Off The Ball the way that coach behaved flies in the face of any kind of advice that a coach should follow. If a coach hurls abuse in a one and one conversation they are NOT fit to be a coach its not allowed in the work place, in school on our streets, just because its a sports arena doesn't make it right. The fact he spoke alone to these players speaks volumes he ignored his own player liaison officer, he abused his capt he lost the plot and now half the dressing room. The chap had a player liaison officer right? a great choice that turned out to be. Some players who were selected have backed the players, they are not all from one club yet one club was targeted illegally by the county board and they had to back track on that one. They made a balls of the mediation, I would imagine the county board is only too happy to put the boot into the only club targeted. Imagine if that happened in Dublin? No it wouldn't because it couldn't happen players as players are treated with dignity and respect, There is no nice way to drop players but there is a respectful way. I would wager the current management won't be around next year."
What's your take then on the majority of the Mayo players? You know the ones that disagree with your characterisation of their manager, the ones that disagree with their former captains and walk away players version of events. Are the being condescending too? That's the biggest issue for me that the majority of players back the manager, but you think you know better than these women who are playing for him? The majority of players backed the manager when the chance came to get rid. That's the key to it, it has nothing to do with gender either.

MesAmis (National) - 19/09/2018 10:25:07

How Long Have You Been Posting? - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Htaem:  "Haha you took the bait again Mes, I'm disappointed in ye :-)"
The usual response of wummery doesn't wash. He believes what he posts imo. But yeah let's pretend he's been real clever.

MesAmis (National) - 07/10/2019 09:31:48

Dublin Stars Pocketing €6,000 For Promotional Gigs - 9 Like(s)

Replying To 37sowhat:  "That ties in with their professional status If Johnny Sexton can do it ,why not them , I see Gough,Dublin Joe and Mc Goldrick are getting run outs in preparation for more important business down the road .Are they included in the gravy train pool I wonder ? They have more than played their part"
So are Joe Canning and Cillian O'Connor professional now too? Both currently in ads on the telly, fair play to them both jmo.

MesAmis (National) - 08/06/2019 19:23:14

You Couldn't Pay Me To Go And Watch A Game Of Football - 9 Like(s)

Replying To OpenStand:  "Many people have come to the same conclusion over the past 2/3 years. There has been a notable decrease in viewership figures for Gaelic football on TV and paying attendance's also. Hurling has saved the GAA this year . Working with an American colleague who landed in recent times , he only watch's Hurling & Rugby of the 4 big sports in this country. Gaelic & Soccer both for different reasons have lost their excitement, people still identify with a county allegiance but watching neutral games is becoming a thing of the past as its hard enough to even watch your own county with the chess like tactics."
I'd like to actual figures for the massive decline in attendances/viewing figures for football versus hurling or rugby or whatever other stick is being used to beat football with. Say over a sustained period of time rather than just accepting as fact the idea that Gaelic Football is dying. Despite what the doomsayers like to say Gaelic Football is still by far a bigger draw in terms of TV/attendances/player numbers when compared with both hurling and rugby. The only sport that you can compare it to is soccer, which also attracts complete widespread criticism. I think people really fail to realise how far ahead of the other two sports Gaelic Football and soccer are. You talk about the 'big 4' sports, it's really the big 2 if you're honest. Hurling, for all it's brilliance is still only played properly in about 12 or so counties. Rugby, for all its recent success, is still miles behind the 2 football codes, and hurling even, in participation. Football has always been the worst sport in the world according to a vocal minority. It will continue to attract criticism but it will also continue to be the biggest show in town.

MesAmis (National) - 19/12/2018 14:50:33