National Forum

Popular Posts from ziggy32001

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Carlow vs Wexford - 7 Like(s)

Replying To waynoI:  "Cant wait for this. Has the makings of an all time classic.....Sigh! As an aside, why are Admin setting up threads ?"
wayno its not all about dublin,a bit of respect for all teams.. this may be tricky for the yellow bellies,they may just do it..

ziggy32001 (National) - 16/05/2017 20:20:01

Keegan Cup - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Awful game but congratulations to Simonstown. The pitch looked incredibly slippy in both games today. Countless instances of players losing their footing. Very surprising given that it's been relatively dry over the last week. McKeever 100% deserved the MOTM award and hopefully, for Meath's sake, he can commit to the county side in 2018. Was worried at how poor Conlon was for Simonstown but it wasn't til after the game I heard he was sick during the week. Hard luck to Summerhill. Never went right for them. They kicked an awful amount of wides and the missed goal in the first half was a massive turning point. Simonstown have a decent enough draw in Leinster with the Wexford champions up first so you'd hope that they can get a run going. Can't help but think what might have been for Meath's midfield looking at O'Rourke and Nash for Simonstown and Gillespie on the sidelines for Summerhill."
Shane O'Rourke was by far the best player on the field

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 29/10/2017 18:07:18

Championship hopes and aspirations - 6 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "It looks like a Meath and Kildare Leinster semi-final appearance but hopefully the Wee County can spoil the party. Louth have only reached one Leinster semi-final since 1998 so the odds are stacked against them."
louth are getting better,be interesting to see how ye get on against tipp this week.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 06/04/2017 08:26:32

Meath v Donegal - 6 Like(s)
sorry but i am fuming.. the lads gave it their all and proud of them,but some awful decisions from the ref,especially in the closing stages won them the game. clear push from murphy on menton lead to a score and a double hop for another late point.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/07/2017 20:46:18

Donegal V Dublin - 6 Like(s)

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Very poor game of football today. two woeful performances from each side. referee had the two biggest moments in the game in awarding the first goal incorrectly when it was a clear square ball and then the free at the end was for what exactly? If anything the Donegal forward was the only player with hand on an opposition player. in all honesty we should have been out of sight long before the goals. the over doing of passing the ball instead of having a go at the posts is something that is becoming too obvious to opposition teams. Poor team selection from Gavin today aswell it was a forward line lacking any firepower he selected. Donegal were there typical selves dour boring and refusing to kick the ball in the first half yet they were rewarded for it like a mask murderer winning the euromillions by getting two freak goals. felt the pitch was borderline unplayable aswell for the most part."
how dare anyone put it up to the dubs! :)

ziggy32001 (National) - 26/02/2017 17:36:03

Pairc Tailteann - 6 Like(s)

Replying To CastleBravo:  "You're hardly accusing the clubs of going back on something they previously agreed to? That'd never happen ;)"
Was just about to say that!

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 29/10/2017 19:44:32

No Navan club players on the team? - 5 Like(s)
if north meath clubs developed better players it would be great for the county,but we currently have the best players in meath on the panel.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 06/06/2017 21:27:48

Meath v Roscommon - 5 Like(s)

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "Yeah it is Stephen O'Connor. Played wing back for Boden the year they won the All Ireland. Got a point in the AI final against Castlebar. His Mam is from Meath I think so he qualifies for Meath like Deegan qualifies for Dublin"
Don't know much about him.How old is he? But if he is good enough I am happy to welcome him.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 22/12/2016 20:40:37

Meath vs Kildare 5th February - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TakeYourPoints6:  "Dan O Neill was taken off after 30 mins yesterday for u21s. I really don't see the basis of everyone including him in future teams. McGovern was cut from the senior panel as far as I'm aware so I doubt he'll be magically back in come championship. Personally don't think Conlon is an inter county 6. If people were complaining about Joey Wallace being too small to start then they're going to have a field day if you think McLoughlin will be starting"
Dan O'Neill was an injury doubt before the game,I would suggest that is why he was taken off.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 31/01/2017 22:34:27

Championship hopes and aspirations - 5 Like(s)

Replying To bobkarlgees:  "I hear what your saying I kinda agree too. But. I know Rooney is not the finished article., or the messiah. But he was still arguable our best player last year (and definitely in top 3) I particular liked his performance in the relegation battle with Loais his was pulling the strings and shouting orders. And Also against Derry last year even tough we lost he was showing signs of leadership winning ball and trying clam things down. Now the reason I would like him back is it just gives us more options. He could slot in midfield lets face he has severed his apprenticeship there for what 2/3 years so. He has more experience that Menton Togher and Flanagan (Flanagan been injured for so long) so for example Menton could go corner back and Keoghan could come out to the half back line. Rooney could be tried and center back etc. People will have different opinions of what should happen but, there is nothing to suggest that he would not came came on a lot under Andy.Like others did ie D Lenihan COS also Byran Mc is starting to click etc. In a nut shell I think Rooney would make a big difference because of the experience and options he would allow us."
menton is far better out the field,fine were he is.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 07/04/2017 13:06:50

Down v Meath - 5 Like(s)
Can't drop players after having one bad game.. But I would give Toher frees from distance.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 13/02/2017 08:07:24

SFC 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Lonetone:  "How many favourites have won the Grand National ?"
true,dunboyne for me,but roughly 6-8 teams may well think they could win it.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/04/2017 14:22:10

Meath versus Galway - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Decent performance but still a lot to work on. The increased workrate was the main improvement. Harman was brilliant for the first half but the lack of match fitness got to him in the second half. Lenehan was making great runs throughout the game and COS finally found him for the goal. Negatives: Midfield cleaned out again. Too many of Galway's defenders went forward without being tracked. We went far too long in the second half between scores again. Deegan was atrocious. Menton and Keogan both made great tackles in the second half but we're penalized which resulted in a Galway point. Great win. We're still in with a shout of promotion but survival should still be the main aim."
deegan has a serious problem with meath,it is not right..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 05/03/2017 19:25:29

Meath v Derry - 5 Like(s)
I know not relevant to this game,but if you include the U21's this is a team I would like to see.. 1.POR 2.Keoghan 3.O'Neill 4.McGill 5.Menton 6.Harnan 7.Conlon 8.D.Tobin 9.Jones 10.Forde 11.Reilly 12.COS 13.Conlon 14.Newman 15.Lenihan

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 05/02/2017 19:46:00

Meath Hurlers V Westmeath - 5 Like(s)
are meath gone down to christy ring again?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 14/05/2017 18:29:10

Meath v Fermanagh - 5 Like(s)
Replying To ziggy32001: "meath will win this sunday and probably do it pulling up."

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 26/03/2017 17:23:56

Leinster Championship 2017 Discussion - 5 Like(s)

Replying To pauk123:  "Banty or sorry Andy should worry about Louth before he starts shouting about the Dubs! Great to see ambition but that's the team talk sorted for Louth who we have absolutely no right to look past."
point missing again.....

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 10/05/2017 08:59:34

No Navan club players on the team? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To brian:  "oh god someone had to say it, there'll be someone else in now about no north Meath players shortly If these are the best 15 available to Andy lets all just get behind them, they're all wearing Meath jersies and that's all that should matter."
they are already at it on facebook...

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 02/06/2017 14:14:17

SFC 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "I say there is craic around that neck of the woods when Meath play Kildare Royaldunne."
a few kildare players live in enfield too.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 14/04/2017 21:25:42

County players not lining out for their clubs - 5 Like(s)

Replying To LeitrimRoyal99:  "[quote=Ibbecek:  "Hope all those knockers of Mick O'Dowd now realize what we have bought. Remember after four moths last year Miicko had secured our Division 2 status and won the O'Byrne Cup Andy Mc already behind on that score. Also by April last year Meath County Players had played at least 5 club matches. Some this year haven't played one. Absolutely farcical that A.McEntee allowed dictate like this. County not playing for 6 bloody weeks. Come on."
Behind the score of winning an O'Byrne cup. Will you cop on. Mick O'Dowd we were 6-8 in championship. Wins against Wicklow x2, Wexford, Carlow, Kildare and Louth. We lost to Westmeath to the first time ever. Went 0-4 in qualifiers. And ohh yeah we also lost to Dublin 3 times by 7,16 and 10 points. The 16 and 10 point losses being our worst to Dublin since the mid 70s. And yeah we had a few decent league campaigns (9 points in div 2 twice, same as we got in Andy's first year). But his last year was the worst of the 4 leagues. Most importantly only one time in the 4 years MOD was manager (1st half Dubs 2013) did I feel an ounce of pride about the team I was watching and that is sad. So yeah maybe I will be proven wrong about Andy and maybe he won't be as good as I think. But to say he is behind a manager who brought Meath to all time low's because he won a Mickey Mouse cup in January is nonsense and you know well it is. So give Andy a championship and then come back and slander him, don't just push your own agenda. RANT OVER"]in a nutshell..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 26/04/2017 10:58:51