Westmeath Forum

Crisis Westmeath Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Co Chairman publicly backed Bealin last week. By the sound of things the Board did likewise last night. Clubs have spoken and resoundingly voted against the Co Board. Is their position tenable now?

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 482 - 07/08/2014 11:17:37    1632837

Link

The next appointment has to be right. The appointment of a separate u21 manager is equally important which I understand was agreed at the meeting.

Most of my comments about the previous manager weren't allowed to go up and I don't think I was the only person who had this problem. It's hard to know where to go from here. But it has to be someone who is respected and a strong backroom team will be needed who are familiar with the club setup in the county. Definitely too early for Dessie but maybe get him involved with the minors if he is interested.

Matthew (None) - Posts: 897 - 07/08/2014 11:57:13    1632882

Link

How does a re-jig of the top table happen?

Does that come from the clubs also!

Unreal to think the Board backed Bealin for a second year.

Ban (Westmeath) - Posts: 1016 - 07/08/2014 12:21:19    1632907

Link

Are the selectors and back-room team gone also ? Crazy to think the
Co. board backed bealin. Some one of the caliber of padi o shea is what
Is needed now not some like dessie or martin flanagan or cooney we need
A man that has no connection with the clubs. Pat flanagan had half tpass team
Involved. We have had success only with outside managers at senior leval
Matty kerrigan, padi. If we really want to get back in the running for
Honours or even to compete at the higher levals its what is needed or are we happy
To be back this time next year looking for someone else. If a job is worth
Doing its worth doing right.

uisneach (Westmeath) - Posts: 156 - 07/08/2014 12:49:56    1632920

Link

The Clubs got their say last night and got rid of Bealin (The right option IMO)

Hopefully we can get someone with a Proven track record at this level that will gel well with the team. Saying that, it will be hard to find one.

Just on another note, A lot of people are calling for the Co Board Officers' Heads, can I ask ye this though: Who will replace them? They put in endless amount of voluntary hours, Personally I would never want to be in their position.

Would people on this forum put themselves forward, or Have ye any suggestions of who ye think should take over.

I'm interested to see your replies

CountyFinal (Westmeath) - Posts: 44 - 07/08/2014 13:28:19    1632944

Link

Surely it is time to bring in Tommy Carr for the Senior job. Proven track record with the minors, a great football man beloved from one end of the county to the other.If anyone can turn the tide he can! Possible back room team Niall Ward and Brenadan Hackett. Seriously lads we need the best football brains for the job, make it happen county board!

sean1916westmea (Westmeath) - Posts: 14 - 07/08/2014 14:54:18    1633013

Link

Really? T Carr and co?

The manager should come from within the county or thereabouts. Anthony Cunningham may become available. Counties with internal managers are usually more successful.

The county board is dysfunctional and needs a complete overhaul. I've never heard such complaints from club players and clubs about the way things are being run at all levels

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1654 - 07/08/2014 15:16:52    1633032

Link

I would personally have no gripe with paddy collins coming back to the top table. There could be a few others who have done their allotted time also but would be better than the current board

Darragh (Westmeath) - Posts: 290 - 07/08/2014 18:54:20    1633150

Link