Westmeath Forum

Westmeath Supporters

(Oldest Posts First)

I feel embarrassed as a Westmeath supporter when I read the National Newspaper to see we made the headlines for all the wrong reasons complaining about the Armagh supporters. Do these people know what they are talking about? I doubt it very much if they were even at the match. Yes the Armagh supporters were passionate and rightly so which is more than can be said for the handful of Westmeath supporters at the match. I think the Westmeath board would be better off discussing why so few Westmeath people were at the match. I was at the match with my young children and friends and had absolutely no problems with the Armagh supporters. We had the banter and a bit of Craic which is normal for a knockout championship match. Maybe these Kinnegad delegates are not used to being at County matches, that might explain why they felt intimidated and frightened. I for one would welcome the Armagh supporters to Cusack park anytime and I think I would be speaking for all Westmeath fans.

Killucan59 (Westmeath) - Posts: 17 - 05/08/2017 13:44:07    2029258

Link

Replying To Killucan59:  "I feel embarrassed as a Westmeath supporter when I read the National Newspaper to see we made the headlines for all the wrong reasons complaining about the Armagh supporters. Do these people know what they are talking about? I doubt it very much if they were even at the match. Yes the Armagh supporters were passionate and rightly so which is more than can be said for the handful of Westmeath supporters at the match. I think the Westmeath board would be better off discussing why so few Westmeath people were at the match. I was at the match with my young children and friends and had absolutely no problems with the Armagh supporters. We had the banter and a bit of Craic which is normal for a knockout championship match. Maybe these Kinnegad delegates are not used to being at County matches, that might explain why they felt intimidated and frightened. I for one would welcome the Armagh supporters to Cusack park anytime and I think I would be speaking for all Westmeath fans."
the pubs up the town were delighted with the Armagh supporters.

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1654 - 05/08/2017 14:42:52    2029280

Link

Replying To Killucan59:  "I feel embarrassed as a Westmeath supporter when I read the National Newspaper to see we made the headlines for all the wrong reasons complaining about the Armagh supporters. Do these people know what they are talking about? I doubt it very much if they were even at the match. Yes the Armagh supporters were passionate and rightly so which is more than can be said for the handful of Westmeath supporters at the match. I think the Westmeath board would be better off discussing why so few Westmeath people were at the match. I was at the match with my young children and friends and had absolutely no problems with the Armagh supporters. We had the banter and a bit of Craic which is normal for a knockout championship match. Maybe these Kinnegad delegates are not used to being at County matches, that might explain why they felt intimidated and frightened. I for one would welcome the Armagh supporters to Cusack park anytime and I think I would be speaking for all Westmeath fans."
Killucan59 I had no probs with them either we had great banter on the Terraces, granted they were full of booze but they were grand...the issue was the style of football played, and the way the game was officiated.
Armagh had one objective and that was to be aggressive, cynical and negative, and had the referee addressed that in the first half with a straight red like it was deserved then I think the atmosphere would have been less poisonous. Yes Westmeath were poor at finishing that day, but sickens me now that a team only half as good as our lads are lining out in Croker this weekend.

Lakers.for.Sam (Westmeath) - Posts: 66 - 05/08/2017 16:14:50    2029311

Link