Monaghan Forum

The Battle for Survival!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Somebody has really annoyed frank obviously.......

Blacky (Monaghan) - Posts: 19 - 25/10/2016 11:11:48    1928802

Link

Why would people suggest Killanny threw the game against Corduff?

xxB3B0Stunnahxx (USA) - Posts: 90 - 25/10/2016 12:11:21    1928815

Link

Didnt matter what team Killanny put out they were going to be beaten anyways................the season started 8 months ago so any team getting relagated now should have no complaints..............

Whats Currin's story? play one week, give points the next,walk off when it suits, they seem to be a law off their own,driven by you know who!!

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 25/10/2016 12:13:06    1928816

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "Didnt matter what team Killanny put out they were going to be beaten anyways................the season started 8 months ago so any team getting relagated now should have no complaints..............

Whats Currin's story? play one week, give points the next,walk off when it suits, they seem to be a law off their own,driven by you know who!!"
I wonder which Currin player you are on about lol in fairness to currin big egos yes but they have a very small pick hence why they have to pick and choose which games they field teams in...

Killanny are well within there rights to do what suits them, they have a big game coming up against tyholland so good idea to rest players and give fringe players a game.

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 215 - 25/10/2016 16:26:51    1928916

Link

Killanny were already qualified for the semi-final so why would they go and risk players for that game. If Killanny played a full team and one of their best players got injured people who be giving out saying they should have fielded a weaker team. Look at Clontibret, played Dessie in a needless league game week before Championship and he broke his wristed and was sorely missed in the final.

mongaa95 (Monaghan) - Posts: 31 - 25/10/2016 17:00:29    1928930

Link

Killanny were already qualified for the semi-final so why would they go and risk players for that game. If Killanny played a full team and one of their best players got injured people who be giving out saying they should have fielded a weaker team. Look at Clontibret, played Dessie in a needless league game week before Championship and he broke his wristed and was sorely missed in the final.

mongaa95 (Monaghan) - Posts: 31 - 25/10/2016 17:05:21    1928934

Link

What killanny done was wrong, and I like other people hope they are beaten by Tyholland. They can go and play full strength teams in challenge matches a few weeks previous so why can't they do it against Corduff. A player could get injured in training so don't buy that line of player could get injured in the corduff game. They showed a complete lack of respect to the Rockcorry. It's not corduff's fault they can only play what is in front of them.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1824 - 26/10/2016 22:27:01    1929362

Link

Replying To shaggylegend:  "What killanny done was wrong, and I like other people hope they are beaten by Tyholland. They can go and play full strength teams in challenge matches a few weeks previous so why can't they do it against Corduff. A player could get injured in training so don't buy that line of player could get injured in the corduff game. They showed a complete lack of respect to the Rockcorry. It's not corduff's fault they can only play what is in front of them."
It does not matter who Killanny did not play on the day. Corduff beat them considerably at full strength earlier on in the season and again last sunday they were by far the better team. I did not notice many 'big' players missing for Killanny, and I highly doubt it would have made a massive difference or turn in result.

eirekeeper (Monaghan) - Posts: 67 - 27/10/2016 22:25:18    1929694

Link

Replying To shaggylegend:  "What killanny done was wrong, and I like other people hope they are beaten by Tyholland. They can go and play full strength teams in challenge matches a few weeks previous so why can't they do it against Corduff. A player could get injured in training so don't buy that line of player could get injured in the corduff game. They showed a complete lack of respect to the Rockcorry. It's not corduff's fault they can only play what is in front of them."
Shaggy my man, don't start harping on about respect. Rockcorry conceded a game earlier in the year against Donaghmoyne. The first game of the game has equal importance with the last game. Don't see anyone complaining that Donaghmoyne showed a lack of respect against Inniskeen last Friday night, or Currin by walking off against Aughnamullen a few weeks back. Rockcorry are relegated because they were the second worst team in the league over the course of the year.

xxB3B0Stunnahxx (USA) - Posts: 90 - 28/10/2016 09:08:40    1929748

Link

Rockcorry conceded earlier in the year as they only had 11 players available. .if they had of took their chances they would be senior as they were by far better team in champ final..corduff only beat what was infront of them and rock went down because of first half of season they were very poor thats league football in monaghan

stevie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 29/10/2016 07:20:22    1929977

Link