Kildare Forum

Ridiculous Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First)

Is anyone else becoming increasingly frustrated at the time and date of some of the fixtures being set by the county board? The year is only young and yet twice my local senior club have had fixtures set for the exact same time Ireland were playing 6 Nations games. It is almost as if the county board are doing it in order to make us choose between GAA or rugby. This carry on has frustrated several members of my club so I can only imagine how many others across the county feel the same. This ridiculous organisation will drive young people away from GAA...Hopefully this won't continue into this summer but some how knowing this county board, it will!

Gmc12 (Kildare) - Posts: 2 - 08/03/2014 12:46:00    1556504

Link

The 6 Nations isn't on during the summer.

beir_bua (Kildare) - Posts: 744 - 08/03/2014 13:11:38    1556512

Link

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's difficult enough to do out a fixtures list with the number of games played in Kildare while at the same time taking other sports into account. Last year there was almost 2,300 games played at all levels in Kildare, the most outside of Dublin and Cork. In addition there will be numerous requests by clubs throughout the league for change of dates and times for various reasons. Compared to other counties the Kildare fixtures schedule runs very smoothily.We are all very quick to criticise but in the case of the fixtures credit where credit is due to Vice Chairman Ger Donnelly.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2960 - 08/03/2014 14:39:07    1556543

Link