Kildare Forum

Qualifier system

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads I have looked on a few forums and the question is the wk in wk out playing is it as good for teams as the gaa are saying. When you look at the wk turn around for teams after loosing provincial games etc and the travelling up and down the country for teams surely this takes its toll. The teams sitting waiting for the qualifiers are fresh and ready to go while the other four have been out every wk surely there has to be a better way to run the all ireland series.

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 06/08/2012 11:38:07    1239512

Link

The Question must be asked

Why are you bringing this up now as oppose to last year when yous took donegal to extra time in the quarter final ?

Of corse its tough on teams but why should it be easy ? Dublin, Cork, Mayo and Donegal only have one chance dispite being champions , We lose now and we dont have a second chance. Yous got one and you blew it.

The qualifiers are a punishment if you like for losing in your provincial campaign , Id rather that as a punishment than no more games til january if you lose your first game, But anyway, We where told Kildare are one of the fittest teams in the country , you should have been able to deal with a few games in a few weeks. Cork hadnt played in EIGHT WEEKS yet they came out and absolutely destroyed yous. You cant hide away and look at the structure of the championship as some sort of excuse. Yous arent good enough its that simple.

Kildare have absolutely no-body to blame but themselves. The championship structure is fine, This year and last year the four semi finalists are the four provincial champions, Thats how it should be.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 06/08/2012 13:46:32    1239671

Link

amazing you'd start a thread about potential reform of the All Ireland Championship considering the saviour the qualifer system has been for Kildare in the past

stekhli (Dublin) - Posts: 3116 - 06/08/2012 13:50:33    1239679

Link

you know its not because we were beaten I bring this up we were beaten fair and square by a far far better team maybe its the way i put it that it looks like its because of yesterdays defeat

I didnt even realise that provencial winners only get the one chance that cannot be a fair process thats in place. so what way do poster think the the all ireland series should run. should provencial be run at a different time to all ireland series cant think of what the chaps name is played with the dubs JAYO he is better known as he made a few good suggestions in the star on previous occasions during the qualifiers. I think all teams should have the second chance not just the loosers at the early stages in the provencial rounds.

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 06/08/2012 15:12:46    1239789

Link

"The championship structure is fine, This year and last year the four semi finalists are the four provincial champions, Thats how it should be".
So to me this suggests that you think there shouldnt be qualfiers then. The provincial winners should be in the semis hmmm i wonder did you think the same in 2010 when meath put you out at the leinster semi final stage. Did you not deserve to go on and play Cork in the semis after all you werent provincial winners???

lilywhitemagic (Kildare) - Posts: 1693 - 06/08/2012 15:20:32    1239800

Link