Galway Forum

The Back Door 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Belclare:  "Was Kevin watching Martin Farragher and Danny Cummins scoring 5 goals between them at the weekend?"
At least the football club Championship keeps going unlike the hurling club Championship which shuts down for 5months in case the county men get hurt!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 558 - 24/06/2019 10:17:27    2199691

Link

Would be amazing if Martin Farragher makes anywhere near the impact that's being touted recently on this board. If those opinions are remotely accurate, it's a travesty that he's not a nailed on starter, whenever he's available to Galway.

Pope_Benedict (Galway) - Posts: 2242 - 24/06/2019 10:35:26    2199715

Link

Replying To Pope_Benedict:  "Would be amazing if Martin Farragher makes anywhere near the impact that's being touted recently on this board. If those opinions are remotely accurate, it's a travesty that he's not a nailed on starter, whenever he's available to Galway."
Nobody suggesting he will do as well at intercounty as against poor local clubs, but it is unbelievable that he has not been given a chance to show what he can or can't do. The starting full forward line has not been struggling to get any scores even against London and Sligo. His clubmate playing in the FB line is the county's top scorer.

giveitlong (Galway) - Posts: 933 - 24/06/2019 11:38:43    2199770

Link

Well folks what are the chances were gonna meet our neighbours mayo
that's if they beat Armagh that is which I hope they do
be some game to look forward too for sure
and might get the team to refocus and get going again

rhudson (Galway) - Posts: 964 - 24/06/2019 12:58:04    2199857

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Farragher will force himself into the starting lineup for the next game.
I don't think Kevin can ignore the form he has been showing - albeit of course the level of opposition come into it also.
It does for Danny too as Lettermore were deplorable.
Danny started against both London and Sligo and was terrible in both games so I don't think he can have too many complaints if he doesn't start the next day.
How did Molloy fare?"
This is a bizarre comment, dismisses performances because of the quality of the opposite before highlighting performances against poor opposition? Which is it?

WunderBar (Galway) - Posts: 219 - 24/06/2019 13:38:42    2199903

Link

Replying To rhudson:  "Well folks what are the chances were gonna meet our neighbours mayo
that's if they beat Armagh that is which I hope they do
be some game to look forward too for sure
and might get the team to refocus and get going again"
Chance is 4/1. Very interesting draw with at least 1 team from last years super out of it by next Sunday, Tyrone or Kildare. Moughan has Offaly flying and Clare have also improved much more than many think. Home advantage in these games is important. This is a huge game for Mayo, if they win the chances are they will make the super 8s and could get back the form that saw them push the Dubs to the limit. If they lose then I think it really is the end of the road for this team. I think they will win it. If Kildare get to where they were last July they can shock Tyrone. Galway V Mayo would be a huge game for both counties. interesting times ahead.

giveitlong (Galway) - Posts: 933 - 24/06/2019 13:46:36    2199907

Link

Replying To WunderBar:  "This is a bizarre comment, dismisses performances because of the quality of the opposite before highlighting performances against poor opposition? Which is it?"
Read it again good lad. I said Farragher will most likely force himself in due to his recent overall good form (I'm not just talking about the game this weekend) but added the caveat that the opposition this weekend was poor so that may have a bearing on KW's decision as regards him starting the next day.
Danny's situation is slightly different in that he has already had 2 championship starts and been poor in both.
That's it.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 629 - 24/06/2019 14:01:28    2199923

Link

Replying To giveitlong:  "Chance is 4/1. Very interesting draw with at least 1 team from last years super out of it by next Sunday, Tyrone or Kildare. Moughan has Offaly flying and Clare have also improved much more than many think. Home advantage in these games is important. This is a huge game for Mayo, if they win the chances are they will make the super 8s and could get back the form that saw them push the Dubs to the limit. If they lose then I think it really is the end of the road for this team. I think they will win it. If Kildare get to where they were last July they can shock Tyrone. Galway V Mayo would be a huge game for both counties. interesting times ahead."
It's what galway needs to refocus for sure,although on the roscommon performance any of the qualifiers coming through will fancy their chances.

Cornetto2 (Galway) - Posts: 149 - 24/06/2019 14:03:29    2199927

Link