Galway Forum

Connacht Final 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To squares_edge:  "how do you know that have you been to the a v b games? i thought they were 'behind closed doors', or are you peering over the fence ;)
if you have been how is conroy going? and comer?"
I was just thinking we need a plan B at full back. Sean Andy will be needed if we were to play either Mayo or Donegal & maybe Kerry or Tyrone. But against the likes of Murtagh from Roscommon, we need someone mobile or Sean Andy has to start working on his 10 yard sprints and mobility.

The main problem for me the last day was the half back line, theyre all more interested in attacking than marking their man / tackling, e.g. bradshaw able to kick a point but didn't lay a hand on Cathal Cregg when he setup the goal. Id sooner have a wing back that doesn't kick a point but can mark his man, In my opinion all the half backs the last day are actually half forwards, they cant defend.

hailrainorsnow (Galway) - Posts: 51 - 28/06/2019 11:24:20    2202034

Link

Replying To hailrainorsnow:  "I was just thinking we need a plan B at full back. Sean Andy will be needed if we were to play either Mayo or Donegal & maybe Kerry or Tyrone. But against the likes of Murtagh from Roscommon, we need someone mobile or Sean Andy has to start working on his 10 yard sprints and mobility.

The main problem for me the last day was the half back line, theyre all more interested in attacking than marking their man / tackling, e.g. bradshaw able to kick a point but didn't lay a hand on Cathal Cregg when he setup the goal. Id sooner have a wing back that doesn't kick a point but can mark his man, In my opinion all the half backs the last day are actually half forwards, they cant defend."
Bradshaw was tracking Cregg. He was doing the right thing. It was Sean Andy who decided to ignore Murtagh and move towards Cregg that created the space for the goal. Sean Andy moving basically made it easy for Cregg. Otherwise he was probably only going to get a point attempt off under pressure from Bradshaw,

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1669 - 28/06/2019 11:42:06    2202043

Link