Galway Forum

Galway v Wexford (May 26th)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To tommy k:  "The team improved and I did say I expected an improvement. I see you're still trolling around here and Brian Concannon got 1-2 from play not 1-3. Not that I would expect you to know that!"
Yes I corrected my initial mistake, 1 2 that we wouldn't have got if you had your way, he would be sitting on the bench and Galway would be out of the championship..

Belclare (Galway) - Posts: 312 - 12/06/2019 11:07:25    2193851

Link

Replying To Barnowl94:  "It was reported that Loftus was sick before the game, probably should not have played.
I wouldn't write him off just yet though."
That makes some sense of his performance alright perhaps but strange decision by management to start him in those circumstances...it's a bit worrying from their perspective.

The criticism of him on here is nonsense, he's a hugely skillful hurler with lots of speed and vision, just what we need for now and the future. Might need a bit more bulk but that will happen soon enough.

Flaherty (UK) - Posts: 59 - 12/06/2019 11:17:56    2193855

Link

Replying To Belclare:  "Yes I corrected my initial mistake, 1 2 that we wouldn't have got if you had your way, he would be sitting on the bench and Galway would be out of the championship.."
You can't make the judgement that a player that may have replaced him wouldn't have scored 1-4 on the day. He played poorly in the Wexford match (if you listened to Donal O'Grady on the commentary he mentioned that a few times) and it took him a long time to settle into the KK game also - it wasn't until towards the end of the first half that he got a point. Anyway what would you know about hurling given where you claim to be from?

tommy k (Galway) - Posts: 2249 - 12/06/2019 13:28:43    2193916

Link

Replying To Belclare:  "Yes I corrected my initial mistake, 1 2 that we wouldn't have got if you had your way, he would be sitting on the bench and Galway would be out of the championship.."
Yes I also noticed you completely ignored my suggestion of Glynn to wing forward instead of Niall Burke which worked a treat as Glynn had a stormer of a game so you were being a bit selective there my friend.

tommy k (Galway) - Posts: 2249 - 12/06/2019 14:46:40    2193970

Link

shambles

jakemax (Galway) - Posts: 209 - 15/06/2019 20:38:11    2195394

Link

Replying To tommy k:  "You can't make the judgement that a player that may have replaced him wouldn't have scored 1-4 on the day. He played poorly in the Wexford match (if you listened to Donal O'Grady on the commentary he mentioned that a few times) and it took him a long time to settle into the KK game also - it wasn't until towards the end of the first half that he got a point. Anyway what would you know about hurling given where you claim to be from?"
Tommy. Anthony Cunningham has just trained Roscommon to win a Connacht Tootball Championship and Sean Boylan trained Meath to several Football All Irelands, enen though both men were hurling men to the core so perhaps we should not dismiss anyone's views because they are not from a hurling area.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2041 - 17/06/2019 09:34:26    2196239

Link