Galway Forum

Intermediate Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Toman:  "Agree on ur point about Thomas Murphy. Himself and Austin O Connell are probably the 2 best refs around at moment. They come to a pitch with a neutral persona, which is nice to see. Now in fairness they are also human and will get the odd call wrong. Nut like some regs who seriously need a reality check"
Absolutely, hopefully they make it onto the bigger stage, been a long time since Galway had a high profile football ref getting big games.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 123 - 15/09/2019 23:07:02    2235869

Link

Replying To mise87:  "Big win for the willies, should have won it by more I think, I can't get over how poor Aran are up front they are so 1 dimensional, it's a change from their league game plan and their plan in last years football, very easy to defend.
I felt the needed to get up this year or they never will, with the talent they have it's hard to say it but their ship has sailed, only 1 up next year and 2 seniors taking the drop this year, it'll be very difficult

They should beat clifden but their heads are hanging and losing can become a habit if they allow it.

2 west teams favourites for promotion and 2 other west teams in the relegation final!!!"
Have Aran not recently started putting their midfielder, Brennan, up full-forward? Might explain it if they are just pumping long ball into him all the time. Think he got a couple goals for the Galway juniors up full-forward but it can get very predictable if you do it all the time.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1647 - 16/09/2019 11:54:19    2236021

Link

Replying To Marooned:  "Have Aran not recently started putting their midfielder, Brennan, up full-forward? Might explain it if they are just pumping long ball into him all the time. Think he got a couple goals for the Galway juniors up full-forward but it can get very predictable if you do it all the time."
He was at midfield v Williamstown had his hands full with there big midfielder,Aran defenders couldn't handle kelly who kicked 8 points 5 from play and set up the 2 goals

Thelastword (Galway) - Posts: 33 - 16/09/2019 23:48:05    2236422

Link