Galway Forum

Galway V Tipp. Semi final.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

doubt he start gjynn as fitness might not yet be the full 70 an dplus an excellent impact man that could replace any of the front 6 who are having an off day
in relation to needing goals we need more points than the opponent- if we are not conceding goals which we arent the importance of getting them diminishes....no reason we cant win all ireland without them if we have to

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 540 - 09/08/2017 23:10:07    2031798

Link

Replying To grellans89:  "When will we know if anything is to be made of this tuohy farce?"
Beagh can object if theres anything made of it .

tommie (Galway) - Posts: 65 - 09/08/2017 23:18:30    2031802

Link

Replying To clare_sparrow:  "I wouldnt take off Niall Burke, hes a class act. and his strength personifies the Galway team. I would make 2 changes for the final. I would bring on Jason Flynn for David Burke (who was a liability in the middle against Tipp) and start Johnny Glynn for Cathal Mannion. I think Mannion would be a serious injection of speed and accuracy in the final 20 min of a tight game.
Team for the final:
Cal
Han/DB/Tuohy
Harte/Mac/PM
Flynn/Coen
JC/JC/Niall B
Whelan/Glynn/CC"
Great move, Sparrow. I'd also drop Daithi Burke, and replace him with Walsh from Killannin, who played full-back in the Kerry q-final. I'd also replace Gerry Mc with Gerry Mc senior, and Joe Canning with Jack Canning from the minor side.

Pope_Benedict (Galway) - Posts: 2297 - 10/08/2017 00:37:16    2031821

Link

I do see Glynn as a big impact game finisher. Bring him on the last 20 minutes and let him hoof into the opposition defense like a bull!

As for who we're going to be playing, I have no particular favorite. Cork never fear Galway, and they've dished out their fair share of heartbreak to us on the big day, so they always make me uneasy. Too many bad memories!

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2750 - 10/08/2017 01:03:59    2031823

Link

I see this morning that the CCC are going to take no action against Adrian Tuohy...Common sense and great news for Galway. We didn't need that cloud and controversy hanging over AIF preparations.

WastedTalent (Galway) - Posts: 31 - 10/08/2017 08:48:23    2031833

Link

Replying To clare_sparrow:  "I wouldnt take off Niall Burke, hes a class act. and his strength personifies the Galway team. I would make 2 changes for the final. I would bring on Jason Flynn for David Burke (who was a liability in the middle against Tipp) and start Johnny Glynn for Cathal Mannion. I think Mannion would be a serious injection of speed and accuracy in the final 20 min of a tight game.
Team for the final:
Cal
Han/DB/Tuohy
Harte/Mac/PM
Flynn/Coen
JC/JC/Niall B
Whelan/Glynn/CC"
Sir, i rarely post and when i do, I try to keep it positive. However I find it amazing that you could speak about David Burke in such negative terms. David Burke has been one of the best 10 hurlers in Ireland for a number of years. You are correct that things did not go his way last Sunday, but starting the next or any match without him is imho incomprehensible.

Spudsareboilin (Galway) - Posts: 30 - 10/08/2017 12:13:22    2031933

Link

Team for the final:
Cal
Han/DB/Tuohy
Harte/Mac/PM
Flynn/Coen
JC/JC/Niall B
Whelan/Glynn/CC"
Dropping David Burke?? Are you for real? you want to drop our most consistent player over the number of years for the all Ireland final. Not even taking into account that he is the captain!

groundhurlin (Galway) - Posts: 18 - 11/08/2017 12:15:40    2032322

Link

Replying To groundhurlin:  "Dropping David Burke?? Are you for real? you want to drop our most consistent player over the number of years for the all Ireland final. Not even taking into account that he is the captain!"
Most ppl here are not for real, it's all virtual shtuff! That's the problem, too many spoofers and spouters. In the real world would the real person who started this thread have the gall to say it to KW's face? We all know the answer to that one.

baire (Galway) - Posts: 778 - 12/08/2017 16:41:38    2032609

Link

Replying To baire:  "Most ppl here are not for real, it's all virtual shtuff! That's the problem, too many spoofers and spouters. In the real world would the real person who started this thread have the gall to say it to KW's face? We all know the answer to that one."
Its fair to say that David Burke didn't play to his usual high standards against Tipp but I'd bet he'll turn up with a big display in the final. I'm more concerned with the two forward positions that seem to be up for grabs, Niall burke and Mannion started last Sunday but you couldn't say they've nailed down their positions, the same could be said for Jason Flynn- Glynn while impressive when he came in will probably not start the final but will be utilized as circumstances arise

Galway4ever (Galway) - Posts: 81 - 12/08/2017 17:23:07    2032612

Link

The semi final was the first time in I don't know how long that David Burke had a poor game.
He won't be dropped.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 642 - 12/08/2017 20:38:39    2032639

Link