Galway Forum

How many Galway fans to travel Donegal match

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To galwayford:  "Galway will beat Donegal on Saturday regardless of attendance. They will score at least 2 goals. Gaillimh abú.
If you are not going get Skysports day pass for 10 euros. Watch the match!"
We are definitely capable of beating Donegal. I talked to an elderly man today who was at Roscommon match , he was so ashamed of the performance from Galway that he was going to give up on football.

After some banter we both agreed that Galway could win and sure we always gave kerry a good game so it could be a good year yet.

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 285 - 17/07/2017 23:10:26    2018427

Link

Replying To heartbroken:  "We are definitely capable of beating Donegal. I talked to an elderly man today who was at Roscommon match , he was so ashamed of the performance from Galway that he was going to give up on football.

After some banter we both agreed that Galway could win and sure we always gave kerry a good game so it could be a good year yet."
He must have been a fair-weather fan in that case. Galway football is on the rise.

Scantermediate (Galway) - Posts: 98 - 20/07/2017 10:47:47    2019822

Link

Replying To Scantermediate:  "He must have been a fair-weather fan in that case. Galway football is on the rise."
I hope so. It's takes a good team to beats Mayo two years in a row.

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 285 - 20/07/2017 13:15:52    2019937

Link

Cant wait for tomorrow, getting the train from Connolly Station to Sligo and a bus back to Dublin after the match, the only downside is that I have to wait until 1am for the bus and I wont get back to Dublin until about 4.

garlicbread (Galway) - Posts: 17 - 21/07/2017 17:51:00    2020661

Link

Decided to do an overnight! Where's good to watch Mayo/get grub/and a few scoops???

And where should we go after to celebrate???

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1003 - 21/07/2017 20:24:32    2020703

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "Decided to do an overnight! Where's good to watch Mayo/get grub/and a few scoops???

And where should we go after to celebrate???"
Sligo Park Hotel or The Crozan inn before the game very close to the pitch, after the match in town, Hargadons, McGarrigles, Shoot the Crowes, Fiddlers Creek should keep you going. The second group are all within two min walk of each other.

EDH (Galway) - Posts: 328 - 21/07/2017 20:49:06    2020709

Link

What a great day!! Leaving Sligo park hotel and fair play to the driver he said the
true supporters travelled today!!
Galway team went in around 10pm for their meal to a hero's welcome!!
What a difference 2 wks make!
Very impressed with Ian burke,showed great awareness, power and army all very impressive.look we know what it's like to be beaten by a big score,there was no onerubbing it in, and most donegal supporters have to be commended for staying until the end.

cornetto (Galway) - Posts: 223 - 22/07/2017 23:01:47    2021286

Link

Drove from Dublin, and then to galway after. Great day as it was so unexpected. At least we played with a bit of galway style, I'd have been somewhat content losing with that performance. Well done Ian Burke, take a bow, Walsh made some brave calls, no O Curraoin or Sice in the 26. Let's take the same approach to Kerry and see where we get to, just play the galway way.

galwaydublin (Galway) - Posts: 226 - 23/07/2017 08:18:05    2021430

Link

Replying To cornetto:  "What a great day!! Leaving Sligo park hotel and fair play to the driver he said the
Very impressed with Ian burke,showed great awareness, power and army all very impressive.look we know what it's like to be beaten by a big score,there was no onerubbing it in, and most donegal supporters have to be commended for staying until the end."
Still recovering from hangover, I did not travel but I consider myself a true Galway fans. Yes we played some exciting football great credit to KW for been brave with the calls and game plan.

I would take a loss everyday playing like yesterday rather then a 1point win with the boring defincive system. Galway can play and there is a future for this squad and management. Roll on the next 2 Sundays me croke park bound for both games

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 285 - 23/07/2017 13:38:06    2021684

Link

Replying To cornetto:  "What a great day!! Leaving Sligo park hotel and fair play to the driver he said the
Very impressed with Ian burke,showed great awareness, power and army all very impressive.look we know what it's like to be beaten by a big score,there was no onerubbing it in, and most donegal supporters have to be commended for staying until the end."
The beef dinner wasn't great in there mash was a bit lumpy too!!

Gmon (Galway) - Posts: 98 - 24/07/2017 10:51:15    2022347

Link

Went to the game, Sligo in no way equipped to host a game of 10,000 fans

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 604 - 24/07/2017 11:30:53    2022400

Link

Replying To galwaydublin:  "Drove from Dublin, and then to galway after. Great day as it was so unexpected. At least we played with a bit of galway style, I'd have been somewhat content losing with that performance. Well done Ian Burke, take a bow, Walsh made some brave calls, no O Curraoin or Sice in the 26. Let's take the same approach to Kerry and see where we get to, just play the galway way."
Fiontáin was out with a concussion and Gary Sice was no. 24

GalwayLurker (Galway) - Posts: 75 - 25/07/2017 13:37:28    2023208

Link