National Forum

Is David Clifford The Best Footballer In The Country Right Now?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To jonjon:  "
Replying To essmac:  "[quote=ConnollyDub:  "''but for me Clifford has a level of natural skill that is above and beyond that of any other footballer in the country''

Maybe I'm being biased but for me Connolly is the most naturally gifted player i have ever seen. Not saying hes the most consistent, and of course hes not playing much lately. But in terms of raw natural ability hes the best ever.... IMO."
Saw him playing for his club v Slaughtneil couple of years ago. C McKaigue snuffed him out entire game"
Was it a friendly? Clifford hasn't won a Munster club title which would be required to play teams outside your province"]He's talking about Connolly. Not sure why the part about Clifford is in bold.

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 313 - 12/08/2019 15:15:23    2224692

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "
Replying To jonjon:  "[quote=essmac:  "[quote=ConnollyDub:  "''but for me Clifford has a level of natural skill that is above and beyond that of any other footballer in the country''

Maybe I'm being biased but for me Connolly is the most naturally gifted player i have ever seen. Not saying hes the most consistent, and of course hes not playing much lately. But in terms of raw natural ability hes the best ever.... IMO."
Saw him playing for his club v Slaughtneil couple of years ago. C McKaigue snuffed him out entire game"
Was it a friendly? Clifford hasn't won a Munster club title which would be required to play teams outside your province"]He's talking about Connolly. Not sure why the part about Clifford is in bold."]Great potential but no way the best footballer in the country. Fenton, McCaffrey, Mannion , Murphy,... Better than him at present.

fingalman (Dublin) - Posts: 218 - 12/08/2019 15:28:21    2224707

Link

Going to go with Clifford ton shine on Saturday. As you can tell by now huge fan of his but based on the last day he has the potential to really grasp this game and hes the type of fella that is needed to beat Dublin in my opinion. He has a real killer instinct and the ability to take a team by the throat.

Noone has been able to really capatlize on Dublin when they are showing a slight sign of weakness. I think He is the man for the job. If not for an off day (shooting wise) in the drawn game then he would have racked up 5 or 6 from play and maybe a goal too. I expect him to be better but lets hope I can come back here in a few days and say I was right lol

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 124 - 12/09/2019 16:19:23    2234797

Link

Replying To boman11:  "Going to go with Clifford ton shine on Saturday. As you can tell by now huge fan of his but based on the last day he has the potential to really grasp this game and hes the type of fella that is needed to beat Dublin in my opinion. He has a real killer instinct and the ability to take a team by the throat.

Noone has been able to really capatlize on Dublin when they are showing a slight sign of weakness. I think He is the man for the job. If not for an off day (shooting wise) in the drawn game then he would have racked up 5 or 6 from play and maybe a goal too. I expect him to be better but lets hope I can come back here in a few days and say I was right lol"
Philly's going to get him. All joking aside he's a handful alright although I think Fitzy did a superb job on him when Cooper went off. Will be interesting to see what Dublin do with the matchups on Sat. Tommy Walsh starting would be interesting. Philly has done great jobs on big FFs like AOS and "star" in the past but who knows if either will start.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 4033 - 12/09/2019 18:15:13    2234836

Link

Replying To Joxer:  "Philly's going to get him. All joking aside he's a handful alright although I think Fitzy did a superb job on him when Cooper went off. Will be interesting to see what Dublin do with the matchups on Sat. Tommy Walsh starting would be interesting. Philly has done great jobs on big FFs like AOS and "star" in the past but who knows if either will start."
I actually think Philly is the best man to mark him on Saturday, like you said based on his previous performances against similar types of players he would be my pick. if not him then Fitzsimons as he was excellent last day

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 124 - 12/09/2019 18:34:11    2234840

Link

Replying To boman11:  "Going to go with Clifford ton shine on Saturday. As you can tell by now huge fan of his but based on the last day he has the potential to really grasp this game and hes the type of fella that is needed to beat Dublin in my opinion. He has a real killer instinct and the ability to take a team by the throat.

Noone has been able to really capatlize on Dublin when they are showing a slight sign of weakness. I think He is the man for the job. If not for an off day (shooting wise) in the drawn game then he would have racked up 5 or 6 from play and maybe a goal too. I expect him to be better but lets hope I can come back here in a few days and say I was right lol"
Defo a legend imo

Donegalman (None) - Posts: 3706 - 12/09/2019 19:12:27    2234848

Link

Replying To Donegalman:  "Defo a legend imo"
You're a legend too big man

boman11 (Antrim) - Posts: 124 - 12/09/2019 20:11:21    2234864

Link

Himself and Seanie O'Shea will surpass Gooch, Cillian O'Connor and Canavan.

hamsterdean (Limerick) - Posts: 18 - 13/09/2019 21:31:28    2235106

Link