Fermanagh Forum

Fermanagh Club Championships

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The dates and venues have been agreed for the Fermanagh Club Championships as follows:

Fri 9th Aug 19
Junior Football Championship @ 7:00 PM
Maguiresbridge v Brookeboro at Roslea
Coa v Derrylin at Lisnaskea
Senior Football Championship
Devenish v Derrygonnelly at Brewster Park @ 7:00 PM
Tempo v Teemore at Kinawley @ 8:30 PM

Sat 10th Aug 19
Intermediate Football Championship
Aghadrumsee v Belcoo at Kinawley @ 3:00 PM
Newtownbutler v Donagh at Brookeboro @ 3:00 PM
Belnaleck v Ederney at Brewster Park @ 8:00 PM

Sun 11th Aug 19
Irvinestown v Lisnaskea at Tempo @ 1:30 PM
Enniskillen v Kinawley at Derryugonnelly @ 1:30 PM
Erne Gaels v Roslea at Ederney @ 6:30 PM

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 03/07/2019 19:28:54    2205084

Link

With the Senior League rounds complete the focus will now be on the all important Senior Football Championship with the games schedules as follows:

Fri 9th Aug 19
Devenish v Derrygonnelly at Brewster Park @ 7:00 PM
Tempo v Teemore at Kinawley @ 8:30 PM

Sat 10th Aug 19
Belnaleck v Ederney at Brewster Park @ 8:00 PM

Sun 11th Aug 19
Erne Gaels v Roslea at Ederney @ 6:30 PM

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 28/07/2019 16:51:44    2217667

Link

Pick of the senior draw would be Erne Gaels v Roslea? Very similar level of team but can see Erne Gaels edging it!

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 64 - 28/07/2019 21:01:59    2217853

Link

My predictions for Senior Football Championship -
1. Devenish v Derrygonnelly...Harps have this one in the bag and I would be extremely surprised if they don't retain the Cup this season too!
2. Tempo v Teemore...I have not seen Tempo play this but look at their league campaign they could edge it.
3. Belnaleck v Ederney...B'leck may have slipped in league performance but I think they will be the surprise of the c'hip as they have some excellent players and knowing Ederney's form under pressure they could easily fumbled it!
4. Erne Gaels v Roslea...Two well matched teams but Belleek could edge given that Roslea have a much weaker team this season.

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 106 - 28/07/2019 22:27:11    2217901

Link

Replying To BigToeJoe:  "My predictions for Senior Football Championship -
1. Devenish v Derrygonnelly...Harps have this one in the bag and I would be extremely surprised if they don't retain the Cup this season too!
2. Tempo v Teemore...I have not seen Tempo play this but look at their league campaign they could edge it.
3. Belnaleck v Ederney...B'leck may have slipped in league performance but I think they will be the surprise of the c'hip as they have some excellent players and knowing Ederney's form under pressure they could easily fumbled it!
4. Erne Gaels v Roslea...Two well matched teams but Belleek could edge given that Roslea have a much weaker team this season."
Yea I would definitely agree with the Derrygonnelly win!

In terms of Tempo and Teemore I can see Teemore taking that one, with a full strength team they are more than a decent outfit

Erne Gaels are more than likely to get the win but as you said they are very well match

Ederney should beat Belnaleck if they turn up. Better team on paper anyway with a stronger bench, but they don't always perform under pressure as you said!

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 64 - 29/07/2019 13:58:04    2218199

Link

Replying To allfermanagh:  "Yea I would definitely agree with the Derrygonnelly win!

In terms of Tempo and Teemore I can see Teemore taking that one, with a full strength team they are more than a decent outfit

Erne Gaels are more than likely to get the win but as you said they are very well match

Ederney should beat Belnaleck if they turn up. Better team on paper anyway with a stronger bench, but they don't always perform under pressure as you said!"
Ederney may be better on pa[er but it's on the field play that counts and that's where B'leck will come to life!

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 106 - 29/07/2019 16:01:57    2218281

Link

Replying To allfermanagh:  "Yea I would definitely agree with the Derrygonnelly win!

Ederney should beat Belnaleck if they turn up. Better team on paper anyway with a stronger bench, but they don't always perform under pressure as you said!"
Unsure About Belleek V Roslea.

I would actually back Roslea. You cant overlook the amount of championship experience on that squad and what I've been hearing , there are a few injuries in the Belleek camp(McCann and Kelm), It could be a tough battle for Belleek

Teemore win Teemore v Tempo

Teemore Know how to fight back and make it a dog Fight for any team who plays them. I can see them beating tempo. Teemore don't have the greatest defence in the league but surely tempo doesn't have much threat outside Mcstravic .

Harps v Devenish

Harps Win all day. I can see the harps recreating some of last years form and bringing it into the championship. After a poor start these lads still made it into the top four. I can see this being a very boring game with Devenish defence style

Ederney Win Ederney V Balnaleck

Praise goes to Balnaleck and the rise of a relatively small club. Some fantastic players and the management are doing wonders with them. Its great to see in Fermanagh football that a team has become a lot more competitive. Looking at Stats with Ederney being the Top scores with the joint best defence its going to be difficult task for them! Especially playing division 2 football all Year. Its going to be hard to contain the youthful attacking threat of Ederney.

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 67 - 29/07/2019 16:03:32    2218283

Link

Fixtures:
Sun 4th Aug 19
Reserve A Football Championship @ 1:30PM
(PR1) Erne Gaels v Enniskillen at Derrygonnelly
(PR2) Devenish v Belcoo at Belleek
Reserve B Football Championship @ 1:30PM
(PR1) Brookeboro v Derrylin at Maguiresbridge
(PR2) Derrygonnelly v Irvinestown at Tempo

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 01/08/2019 13:50:40    2219432

Link

SFC
Club Mhuire Daimhinis v Doire Ó gCónaile (W)
Derrygonnelly should have enough about them to overcome Devenish

An t-Iompú Mag Uidhir v An Tigh Mór Na Seamrógái (W)
I feel since Teemore have been operating in Division 1 this will give a distinct advantage over Tempo.

Béal na Leice v Eadarnaigh Naomh Seosamh (W)
I expect Ederney to have more than enough to beat Belenaneck... league form says as much.

Gaeil na hEirne (W) v Seamrogá Ros Liath
Word on the street is that James McMahons season is over.. massive loss to Rosleas hopes of getting into next round.

IFC
Acha Droim Sí v Béal Cú (W)
Belcoo still have qulaity in their ranks and can beat anyone on their day.

An Baile Nua An Chéad Chumann (W) v Naomh Pádraig
This could be a close encounter.. going to go for Newtown here. St. Pats have had an awful season thus far

Na Cearna (W) v hEiméid Lios na Scéithe
Irvinestown will be looking to makes amends for a poor league. They will beat skea but won't go much further.

Gaeil Inis Ceithleann (W) v Cill Náile Brian Borus
This is game of the weekend in my opinion. Two quality teams.. expecting a good game! I will edge for Enniskillen who have a lot of big game players... really depends on how really the corrigans are shackled

JFC
Droichead Mhig Uidhir (W) v Achadh Lon Heber MacMathúna
Bridge should have enough about them to win this competition

An Cuach (W) v Uí Chonaill Doire Loin
Shock of the weekend... Coa to win if they have a full pick.

green_army (Fermanagh) - Posts: 17 - 06/08/2019 16:44:10    2221703

Link

Replying To green_army:  "SFC
Club Mhuire Daimhinis v Doire Ó gCónaile (W)
Derrygonnelly should have enough about them to overcome Devenish

An t-Iompú Mag Uidhir v An Tigh Mór Na Seamrógái (W)
I feel since Teemore have been operating in Division 1 this will give a distinct advantage over Tempo.

Béal na Leice v Eadarnaigh Naomh Seosamh (W)
I expect Ederney to have more than enough to beat Belenaneck... league form says as much.

Gaeil na hEirne (W) v Seamrogá Ros Liath
Word on the street is that James McMahons season is over.. massive loss to Rosleas hopes of getting into next round.

IFC
Acha Droim Sí v Béal Cú (W)
Belcoo still have qulaity in their ranks and can beat anyone on their day.

An Baile Nua An Chéad Chumann (W) v Naomh Pádraig
This could be a close encounter.. going to go for Newtown here. St. Pats have had an awful season thus far

Na Cearna (W) v hEiméid Lios na Scéithe
Irvinestown will be looking to makes amends for a poor league. They will beat skea but won't go much further.

Gaeil Inis Ceithleann (W) v Cill Náile Brian Borus
This is game of the weekend in my opinion. Two quality teams.. expecting a good game! I will edge for Enniskillen who have a lot of big game players... really depends on how really the corrigans are shackled

JFC
Droichead Mhig Uidhir (W) v Achadh Lon Heber MacMathúna
Bridge should have enough about them to win this competition

An Cuach (W) v Uí Chonaill Doire Loin
Shock of the weekend... Coa to win if they have a full pick."
Yea I agree with all of these! Will be exciting if there is an upset or two

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 64 - 06/08/2019 18:01:56    2221772

Link

Fixtures:
Fri 9th Aug 19
(QF1) Devenish v Derrygonnelly at Brewster Park @ 7:00 PM Ref: Oliver McShea
(QF2) Tempo v Teemore at Brewster Park @ 8:30 PM. Ref: Gerard Gallagher
Junior Football Championship
(QF1) Maguiresbridge v Brookeboro at Roslea @ 7:00 PM. Ref: Karol Bradshaw
(QF2) Coa v Derrylin at Lisnaskea @ 7:00 PM. Ref: Barry Monaghan

Sat 10th Aug 19
(QF3) Belnaleck v Ederney at Brewster Park @ 8:00 PM. Ref: Dermott Love
(QF1) Aghadrumsee v Belcoo at Kinawley @ 3:00 PM. Ref: Kevin Donnelly
(QF2), Newtownbutler v Donagh @ 3:00 PM. Ref: Mark Curry

Sun 11th Aug 19
(QF4) Erne Gaels v Roslea at Ederney @ 6:30 PM. Ref: Eugene McDonagh
(QF3) Irvinestown v Lisnaskea at Tempo @ 1:30 PM. Ref: Nigel Sweeney
(QF4) Enniskillen v Kinawley at Derrygonnelly @ 1:30 PM. Ref: Aidan Ferguson

Wed 14th Aug 19
Reserve A Football Championship
(PR2) Devenish v Belcoo @ 7:00 PM. Ref: Niall Cullen

Sun 18th Aug 19
Reserve A Football Championship
(QF1) Donagh v Enniskillen at Tempo @ 1:00 PM
(QF2) Derrygonnelly v Lisnaskea at Kinawley @ 1:00 PM
(QF4) Teemore v Kinawley at Belnaleck @ 1:00 PM
Reserve B Football Championship
(QF1) Newtownbutler v Brookeboro at Lisnaskea @ 1:00 PM
(QF2) Tempo v Maguiresbridge at Brookeboro @ 1:00 PM
(QF4) Aghadrumsee v Belnaleck at Donagh @ 1:00 PM

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 06/08/2019 23:14:10    2221983

Link

My predictions for the weekend:

Devenish to beat DG (Hope more than expectation just to leave it wide open)

Tempo to beat Teemore. Tempo look to be going extremely well in division 2 having beaten a strong Belnaleck team to first place.

Ederney to beat Belnaleck. Ederney to just edge this. Would have fancied the leckers if they'd got a kinder draw.

Belleek to beat Roslea. I am hearing Tommy McCaffrey is injured for Belleek and James McMahon and Niall Cassidy are out for Roslea. All key players but I think Belleek will have enough. Seamie Quigley is back in contention though so it really could go either way.

Belcoo to beat Aghadrumsee. Belcoo just have enough firepower in their forward line for me. And have a great man marker in Eoin Shiels to curtail Eddie Courtney who will always be Aghadrumsee's main threat.

Donagh to beat NTB. Donagh have had a very poor year but I can still see them edging this as they'll have everyone back ready to go. Newtown have been on the decline in the last few weeks of the league going from first down to fourth.

Irvinestown to beat Skea. Skea have been going well towards the end of the league but I think division 1 football will stand to I'town and they'll win by 3-5 points.

Ekn Gaels to beat Kinawley. On paper this is the game of the weekend. But I can see a very defensive game with the Gaels organisation and eventual scoring power to swing it in their favour.

Bridge to beat Brookeborough. Bridge should be winning this easily on paper but that isn't always the case. They'll pull away last 10 and win comfortably.

Derrylin to beat Coa. People have been saying Coa are always a different team in championship which is true. But this year losing 18 out of 18 I just feel it is too unrealistic for them to turn things around.

All in all, this should be an extremely close and entertaining weekend of football.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 67 - 08/08/2019 15:37:27    2222718

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "My predictions for the weekend:

Devenish to beat DG (Hope more than expectation just to leave it wide open)

Tempo to beat Teemore. Tempo look to be going extremely well in division 2 having beaten a strong Belnaleck team to first place.

Ederney to beat Belnaleck. Ederney to just edge this. Would have fancied the leckers if they'd got a kinder draw.

Belleek to beat Roslea. I am hearing Tommy McCaffrey is injured for Belleek and James McMahon and Niall Cassidy are out for Roslea. All key players but I think Belleek will have enough. Seamie Quigley is back in contention though so it really could go either way.

Belcoo to beat Aghadrumsee. Belcoo just have enough firepower in their forward line for me. And have a great man marker in Eoin Shiels to curtail Eddie Courtney who will always be Aghadrumsee's main threat.

Donagh to beat NTB. Donagh have had a very poor year but I can still see them edging this as they'll have everyone back ready to go. Newtown have been on the decline in the last few weeks of the league going from first down to fourth.

Irvinestown to beat Skea. Skea have been going well towards the end of the league but I think division 1 football will stand to I'town and they'll win by 3-5 points.

Ekn Gaels to beat Kinawley. On paper this is the game of the weekend. But I can see a very defensive game with the Gaels organisation and eventual scoring power to swing it in their favour.

Bridge to beat Brookeborough. Bridge should be winning this easily on paper but that isn't always the case. They'll pull away last 10 and win comfortably.

Derrylin to beat Coa. People have been saying Coa are always a different team in championship which is true. But this year losing 18 out of 18 I just feel it is too unrealistic for them to turn things around.

All in all, this should be an extremely close and entertaining weekend of football."
Re: Devenish to beat DG Hi shotgun you are having a laugh?

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 106 - 08/08/2019 17:30:03    2222753

Link

Results:
Fri 9th Aug 19
(QF1) Devenish 0-6 Derrygonnelly 0-13
(QF2) Tempo v Teemore (Late kick-off. HT = Tempo 0-7 Teemore 0-6)
Junior Football Championship
(QF1) Maguiresbridge 0-9 Brookeboro 0-7
(QF2) Coa 2-5 Derrylin 1-17

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 09/08/2019 21:18:28    2223199

Link

Late result:
Fri 9th Aug 19
(QF2) Tempo 1-12 Teemore 0-10

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 09/08/2019 22:17:17    2223227

Link

1). Derrygonelly v Devenish game
Didn't really see Derrygonelly get out of second gear but definitely, a weaker team from last year, Are there any more men to come back into the squad? Thought Devenish looked good but made a lot of mistakes. They really had to forward to take the scores. Derrygonelly keeper looked very dodgy whoever he is.

2). Tempo v Teemore - A more exciting match to watch a bit more like a championship game. I thought lorcan mcstravick looked extremely sharp. Thought teemore would have made more of a go at the end. Tempo will be a tough team to beat for anyone in the next round

3). coa v derrylin.
Didn't get to go but extremely surprised to see derryline beat coa by as much. Does anyone have any insight on the game?

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 64 - 09/08/2019 22:21:55    2223229

Link

Results:
Sat 10th Aug 19
(QF3) Belnaleck 2-7 Ederney 0-12 (Shock result - the wee men knocked out of c'hip by 2nd div team!)
(QF1) Aghadrumsee 0-12 Belcoo 0-12
(QF2), Newtownbutler 0-10 Donagh 0-12

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1219 - 10/08/2019 22:01:11    2223688

Link

I'll be the first to say it! Shocked. Very much shocked. Well done Belnaleck

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 67 - 10/08/2019 22:01:51    2223689

Link

I went along to watch the B'leck v Ederney quarter final more to see Ederney's form as they would be D'gonnelly only potential obstacle to retaining the New York Cup. But what a surprise to see a vibrant young B'leck team not afraid to take the game to the league toppers. Although, they missed judged some scoring opportunities their defence worked well at containing the Ederney men. In fact Ederney's county men struggled to make an impact and indeed one of them missed an open goal opportunity. Mind you he wasn't the only one to ballooned it with B'leck securing two jammy goals from a high balls as Ederney's goalkeeper and defence fumbled it. The play at times was dirty with the first referee not intervening allowing it to unsavouryly develop. The 2nd referee came on to officiate the remainder of the game in which Ederney lost due to wasted balls and a B'leck side which were extremely fit, although not always accurate to just edge it and deservingly too!. B'leck appeared to introduce their quota of subs which meant fresh legs whereas Ederney were reluctant to made best use of their bench with just two subs I think. I believe Ederney now has to seriously evaluate what when wrong ...was it their refusal to change the game plan, laxck of effective sub changes or were their players simply spoofed by B'leck? Well that's their problem to resolve but I'm glad to say that I would feel confident now that Harps should have the championship title more or less in the bag!

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 106 - 10/08/2019 23:20:43    2223732

Link

Replying To BigToeJoe:  "I went along to watch the B'leck v Ederney quarter final more to see Ederney's form as they would be D'gonnelly only potential obstacle to retaining the New York Cup. But what a surprise to see a vibrant young B'leck team not afraid to take the game to the league toppers. Although, they missed judged some scoring opportunities their defence worked well at containing the Ederney men. In fact Ederney's county men struggled to make an impact and indeed one of them missed an open goal opportunity. Mind you he wasn't the only one to ballooned it with B'leck securing two jammy goals from a high balls as Ederney's goalkeeper and defence fumbled it. The play at times was dirty with the first referee not intervening allowing it to unsavouryly develop. The 2nd referee came on to officiate the remainder of the game in which Ederney lost due to wasted balls and a B'leck side which were extremely fit, although not always accurate to just edge it and deservingly too!. B'leck appeared to introduce their quota of subs which meant fresh legs whereas Ederney were reluctant to made best use of their bench with just two subs I think. I believe Ederney now has to seriously evaluate what when wrong ...was it their refusal to change the game plan, laxck of effective sub changes or were their players simply spoofed by B'leck? Well that's their problem to resolve but I'm glad to say that I would feel confident now that Harps should have the championship title more or less in the bag!"
Just wouldn't be do confident of derrygonnelly having it in the bag, the leckers should be considered serious contenders now for the senior championship after their performance against the league toppers as derrygonnelly were never challenged the other night

krredhand (Fermanagh) - Posts: 7 - 11/08/2019 07:01:11    2223784

Link