National Forum

Dublin's Success Not Down To Money - GAA President

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To jimbodub:  "Sources Jack? :)"
link
At the very top download and look at that PDF. End of 2016 Dublin GAA had 6.3m sitting in the bank. 500k more then the previous year. I'd hazard a guess that due to winning 2 all ireland's since the revenue coming in is even higher. I'd guess that today there's probably over 7.5m sitting in your bank.

It really is a disgrace that such a wealthy county gets so much more then everyone else. Maybe after you do the 10 in a row you'll finally accept it and call for change.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2400 - 16/06/2019 23:55:04    2196146

Link

Replying To oneoff:  ""there's no way Dublin should be going for 5 in the bounce But here we are.."

But they are so what's your point?"
I pretty sure you know what the point is. Dublin have fallen over the line in 3 of their 4 all ireland wins. Only in one final have they been convincing. Mayo should had won at least one of the 4 that Dublin won. They conceded two own goals !!! . Kerry at least one. It's a very fragile thing Dublin have going. If they do win 5 in a row, I can see a massive fall off for this team. When gavin goes and 4 to 5 players step away things will be different.

Rohanhorsemaste (Tipperary) - Posts: 26 - 17/06/2019 07:39:47    2196180

Link

Replying To Rohanhorsemaste:  "I pretty sure you know what the point is. Dublin have fallen over the line in 3 of their 4 all ireland wins. Only in one final have they been convincing. Mayo should had won at least one of the 4 that Dublin won. They conceded two own goals !!! . Kerry at least one. It's a very fragile thing Dublin have going. If they do win 5 in a row, I can see a massive fall off for this team. When gavin goes and 4 to 5 players step away things will be different."
Totally agree. Just goes to show, as you demonstrate, that you can have all of the money, population and home games in the world but it doesn't just magic up a great team. Dublin have been extremely lucky, blessed in fact, to be going for 5 on the bounce.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 3471 - 17/06/2019 08:47:41    2196201

Link

There at it again, not printing half of what is wrote or not showing it at all

riverboys (Mayo) - Posts: 1320 - 17/06/2019 10:20:07    2196283

Link