Kildare Forum

Dublin V Kildare

(Oldest Posts First)

Well guys how do you see this going, do you think that Kildare will give the Dubs a game and surprise everyone? will it be a much closer game than everyone thinks it's going to be?

DUBJOHN (Dublin) - Posts: 621 - 04/06/2019 15:35:59    2190545

Link

Replying To DUBJOHN:  "Well guys how do you see this going, do you think that Kildare will give the Dubs a game and surprise everyone? will it be a much closer game than everyone thinks it's going to be?"
Would like to think we could get close but with the inconsistency to date it's hard to see two decent performances in a row. Hopefully they keep it tight at the back and give it everything for 70 plus. Hasn't happened to date though bar 2nd Longford dame.

Hope I'm surprised.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1569 - 04/06/2019 18:24:41    2190605

Link

Replying To St.Conleth:  "Would like to think we could get close but with the inconsistency to date it's hard to see two decent performances in a row. Hopefully they keep it tight at the back and give it everything for 70 plus. Hasn't happened to date though bar 2nd Longford dame.

Hope I'm surprised."
same as Conleth. I think we have the players to make it a good game but we have been maddening to watch this year to date. Hoping for the best but....

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 565 - 04/06/2019 19:57:01    2190629

Link

The ability is in the county to be a decent side, but at the moment Kildare are not within 20 points. I don't mean to be negative but this is going to be a massacre.

Daith (Kildare) - Posts: 1098 - 04/06/2019 21:59:11    2190676

Link

Replying To Daith:  "The ability is in the county to be a decent side, but at the moment Kildare are not within 20 points. I don't mean to be negative but this is going to be a massacre."
Personally I think we'll win handy enough but id like to think that if the Lilies do concede a few early scores especially goals that the heads don't drop, id like to see some sort of game, the other thing if Kildare do go out and give a good account of themselves it'll be a huge confidence boost and it might just set them up for a decent run for the rest of the summer, anyway best of luck lads!

DUBJOHN (Dublin) - Posts: 621 - 05/06/2019 13:16:34    2190852

Link

Replying To DUBJOHN:  "Personally I think we'll win handy enough but id like to think that if the Lilies do concede a few early scores especially goals that the heads don't drop, id like to see some sort of game, the other thing if Kildare do go out and give a good account of themselves it'll be a huge confidence boost and it might just set them up for a decent run for the rest of the summer, anyway best of luck lads!"
Thanks DUBJOHN. I would have to agree with Kildare Kelly and St Conleth.
The best we can hope for is a decent performance over the 70 minutes to give us a bit of confidence going into the qualifiers where we have managed a bit of consistency over the years.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2946 - 06/06/2019 18:24:47    2191245

Link

A result this weekend would be a record low attendance. Prove to the GAA that people are voting with their feet.

Daith (Kildare) - Posts: 1098 - 08/06/2019 09:08:51    2191619

Link

Replying To Daith:  "A result this weekend would be a record low attendance. Prove to the GAA that people are voting with their feet."
Well done to all the Kildare fans who boycotted. Very few lillies attended and rightfully so. Hopefully meath fans do likewise for the final.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2612 - 09/06/2019 21:19:04    2192415

Link