Down Forum

League And Championship Predictions

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To icantshoot:  "Now the riveting three team hurling championship is over, attentions turn to football.

Well done to Ballycran.

SFC - Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

IFC - Shamrocks v Glenn

JFC - Aughlisnafinn v Bright

Warrenpoint to hopefully cause an upset in the SFC, just to mix up the natural order. Kilcoo v Clonduff was brutal to watch and Kilcoo don't seem to let their talented forwards express themselves, whereas the Point might take a more positive approach than Clonduff and Burren did.

Glenn should win the IFC against a mid-table Div 3 side, even without their 3 county men who are out of the country. Though Shamrocks done well to beat a good Darragh Cross team in the semi so could make life difficult for them.

Aughlisnafinn to win the JFC after winning Div 4 and beating the favourites earlier in the JFC. Though Bright ran them close in the league and by all accounts have a good young team coming through."
Remind me who's won the Senior football final for the last 10 years?

Burren or Kilcoo.

That's a two horse race in anyone's book and by all accounts the standard and entertainment value has been so poor that wee lads prefer to fight behind the stand rather than watch the fare on the field.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2386 - 01/10/2019 11:25:25    2240567

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "In a nutshell both sides of the line.

Made themselves a laughing stock with some of their substitutions."
Please bricktop enlighten me wit your ideas of substitute you would of made this will be good.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 83 - 01/10/2019 11:44:39    2240579

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "Remind me who's won the Senior football final for the last 10 years?

Burren or Kilcoo.

That's a two horse race in anyone's book and by all accounts the standard and entertainment value has been so poor that wee lads prefer to fight behind the stand rather than watch the fare on the field."
That was much easier than I thought

icantshoot (Down) - Posts: 59 - 01/10/2019 13:34:29    2240620

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Please bricktop enlighten me wit your ideas of substitute you would of made this will be good."
You seriously asking me that?

Were you not at the game?

Bringing on a 3rds hurler almost 40 years of age to full forward when they couldn't hit a barn door from 10 feet only to do a bit of roughing up like an ice hockey goon.

Redner material

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2386 - 01/10/2019 13:37:52    2240621

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "You seriously asking me that?

Were you not at the game?

Bringing on a 3rds hurler almost 40 years of age to full forward when they couldn't hit a barn door from 10 feet only to do a bit of roughing up like an ice hockey goon.

Redner material"
I agree some of the subs where ridiculous, managers got too caught up with arguing and Portaferry where all over the place on and off the pitch. Just think Portaferry need a manager with a hurling brain, ballycran used tactics and Portaferry couldn't figure it out. Even when ballycran went to 14 they still looked in control. Better team obviously won on the day.

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 197 - 01/10/2019 14:08:18    2240637

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "I agree some of the subs where ridiculous, managers got too caught up with arguing and Portaferry where all over the place on and off the pitch. Just think Portaferry need a manager with a hurling brain, ballycran used tactics and Portaferry couldn't figure it out. Even when ballycran went to 14 they still looked in control. Better team obviously won on the day."
Do use 2 bas ever listed to yourself 100% ballycran r better team plain to be seen but look at portaferry panel of players your question who they brought on wot else could they do you can only play the hand your delt. They only have 3rds players at best ffs. Plus I think this was the only game the portaferry manager finished on the line he missed the rest for being suspended and he never put a foot wrang your a bit hard on him.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 83 - 01/10/2019 14:44:10    2240655

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Do use 2 bas ever listed to yourself 100% ballycran r better team plain to be seen but look at portaferry panel of players your question who they brought on wot else could they do you can only play the hand your delt. They only have 3rds players at best ffs. Plus I think this was the only game the portaferry manager finished on the line he missed the rest for being suspended and he never put a foot wrang your a bit hard on him."
Not inside wire for two games and they won albeit with a good sprinkling of luck.

Inside wire and well beat.

Common denominator??

Answers on a postcard to The Gables, Portaferry.

P.S. it was well seeing that the corner back was subbed after his uncle was removed from the sideline.
There's no way he'll be allowed to manage next year after that.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2386 - 01/10/2019 15:40:08    2240679

Link

After the initial defeat to Portaferry, Ballycran went back to basics and manager Mick Braniff continues to prove himself as a tactical mastermind
Ballycran will need to continue to improve if they are to stand a chance against Dunloy, but I've no doubt Mick will have a plan to improve fitness and stick-work by a few percent

downgael20 (Down) - Posts: 17 - 01/10/2019 15:58:41    2240691

Link

Replying To downgael20:  "After the initial defeat to Portaferry, Ballycran went back to basics and manager Mick Braniff continues to prove himself as a tactical mastermind
Ballycran will need to continue to improve if they are to stand a chance against Dunloy, but I've no doubt Mick will have a plan to improve fitness and stick-work by a few percent"
With all of big mick knowledge of the game and all his percentages no doubt the take dunloy out.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 83 - 01/10/2019 16:27:34    2240694

Link

Replying To downgael20:  "After the initial defeat to Portaferry, Ballycran went back to basics and manager Mick Braniff continues to prove himself as a tactical mastermind
Ballycran will need to continue to improve if they are to stand a chance against Dunloy, but I've no doubt Mick will have a plan to improve fitness and stick-work by a few percent"
Is that you Madeline?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2386 - 01/10/2019 16:40:10    2240699

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Do use 2 bas ever listed to yourself 100% ballycran r better team plain to be seen but look at portaferry panel of players your question who they brought on wot else could they do you can only play the hand your delt. They only have 3rds players at best ffs. Plus I think this was the only game the portaferry manager finished on the line he missed the rest for being suspended and he never put a foot wrang your a bit hard on him."
Your a bit harsh saying Portaferry have 3rds players at best some top players in that team obviously not as strong a panel as before but still as good as any down team things didn't go right after there goal but I see manger staying on board and going again he'll want a championship in his time in charge

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 60 - 01/10/2019 17:02:57    2240706

Link

Replying To Awaywiththeferrys:  "Your a bit harsh saying Portaferry have 3rds players at best some top players in that team obviously not as strong a panel as before but still as good as any down team things didn't go right after there goal but I see manger staying on board and going again he'll want a championship in his time in charge"
Jesus he was quick to make that decision pity it took a bit longer to make decisions on Sunday but fair play to him hes shown a bit heart good luck too him.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 83 - 01/10/2019 17:37:36    2240719

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Jesus he was quick to make that decision pity it took a bit longer to make decisions on Sunday but fair play to him hes shown a bit heart good luck too him."
Haven't heard anything if current manger is staying or going but I think he will stay but we'll all have to wait and see had decent start to Antrim league got top 5 so could stay and see how next year goes but time will tell

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 60 - 01/10/2019 17:59:39    2240724

Link

Bricktop would no I believe he was out with young Hughes and gazza .

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 83 - 01/10/2019 19:18:58    2240735

Link

Replying To Awaywiththeferrys:  "Your a bit harsh saying Portaferry have 3rds players at best some top players in that team obviously not as strong a panel as before but still as good as any down team things didn't go right after there goal but I see manger staying on board and going again he'll want a championship in his time in charge"
They are carrying too many players on this team, so many so called big players go hiding too often and don't want to grab the game and take it. To reluctant on eoghan sands to be the saviour

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 197 - 01/10/2019 20:09:11    2240748

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "They are carrying too many players on this team, so many so called big players go hiding too often and don't want to grab the game and take it. To reluctant on eoghan sands to be the saviour"
Too many so called county players they were found out how many times has this happened the last 2 years boys ripped apart in croke park then ripped apart in Mitchell park time for a few to catch themselves on stop bluffing.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 83 - 01/10/2019 20:23:28    2240753

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "They are carrying too many players on this team, so many so called big players go hiding too often and don't want to grab the game and take it. To reluctant on eoghan sands to be the saviour"
Yeah I know we're your coming from it's still a young team and hopefully they can get what is needed to get over the line and win a championship but it'll take a lot of hard work and time they'll need the backing from the supporters to they were very quiet on Sunday as well for the size of the town they have very little support from the town

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 60 - 01/10/2019 21:20:18    2240771

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Too many so called county players they were found out how many times has this happened the last 2 years boys ripped apart in croke park then ripped apart in Mitchell park time for a few to catch themselves on stop bluffing."
They are only county players because they give up there time to represent there county. Something not very many ballycran players do, so who are the bluffers.

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 197 - 01/10/2019 21:23:41    2240774

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Too many so called county players they were found out how many times has this happened the last 2 years boys ripped apart in croke park then ripped apart in Mitchell park time for a few to catch themselves on stop bluffing."
Only bluffer is you abusing amateur players from the anoyomity of a keyboard, what a hero.......I didn't see anyone ripped apart in Croke Park, what I did see was a group,of young men come together to reach a national final and represent their county with pride and character.

Well done to Ballycran , best team on the dayband fully deserved their victory, making good use of the ball particularly in 2nd half......some of their younger players were excellent and played critical roles in their victory......Dunlop will be a big challenge but Ballycran have nothing to lose and all the pressure/expectation will be heaped on Dunloy so all to play for.....

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 711 - 02/10/2019 07:50:50    2240838

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Bricktop would no I believe he was out with young Hughes and gazza ."
And the red divil.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2386 - 02/10/2019 14:28:34    2240947

Link