Galway Forum

Intermediate Hurling Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

If you remember back to last year oramore struggled to see off tooreen even with tooreen having 2 lads red carded earley in the game they would give a very good account of themselves if playing in galway

minor77 (Galway) - Posts: 51 - 21/11/2019 14:21:38    2250685

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "there is no disrespect to Tooreen. They target the Connacht final, Galway teams target the county final. its great for the game to have them competing at the all ireland stage now. as for kinvara in senior, why cant they replicate oranmore this year and aim to be contesting a senior qtr final? i think kinvara will suit senior hurling, 15v15 and not what goes on in intermediate with a 2/3 extra defenders."
Maybe they could...who knows what could happen, if they got a favourable Group Draw with beatable teams , anything is possible.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 768 - 21/11/2019 16:06:55    2250717

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "there is no disrespect to Tooreen. They target the Connacht final, Galway teams target the county final. its great for the game to have them competing at the all ireland stage now. as for kinvara in senior, why cant they replicate oranmore this year and aim to be contesting a senior qtr final? i think kinvara will suit senior hurling, 15v15 and not what goes on in intermediate with a 2/3 extra defenders."
Oranmore are a much better side than Kinvara. Oranmore won the All-Ireland and have done very well up in senior. I think Kinvara will struggle to avoid relegation back down next year.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1670 - 21/11/2019 19:01:58    2250749

Link

Replying To Marooned:  "Oranmore are a much better side than Kinvara. Oranmore won the All-Ireland and have done very well up in senior. I think Kinvara will struggle to avoid relegation back down next year."
Did anyone compare the two? the statement was why couldnt they replicate oranmore in senior?

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 106 - 22/11/2019 10:33:01    2250827

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "Did anyone compare the two? the statement was why couldnt they replicate oranmore in senior?"
To answer the question though, you have to compare the two. The reason given as to why they couldn't replicate it is that they're not as good as Oranmore. I think that's a fair assessment.

WanPintWin (Galway) - Posts: 597 - 22/11/2019 12:05:47    2250846

Link

Replying To Marooned:  "Oranmore are a much better side than Kinvara. Oranmore won the All-Ireland and have done very well up in senior. I think Kinvara will struggle to avoid relegation back down next year."
Well they will avoid relegation because I believe the newly promoted team is exempt from relegation... Open to correction on this but I think that is the current situation.

mclovin88 (Galway) - Posts: 19 - 23/11/2019 01:50:05    2250962

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "a quick search on google maps tells me its 1hr & 27 minutes from Tooreen to Rahoon. Feasible for lads on a Wednesday evening?"
I was aware of the distance funny enough, but if Ballycran and Portaferry can make it work playing in the Antrim SHL over the past few decades then anyone can. That aside, it's probably up to Tooreen themselves to try to make such a thing happen. It's just a shame that they're in a county where they have just three competitive games before a county final. If they had galway league to keep them tippin away over the summer it'd seriously stand to them.

jamesor2 (Roscommon) - Posts: 9 - 23/11/2019 17:42:38    2251007

Link