Saturday(14th) :
Kinvara v Turlough
Sylane v Moycullen
Kilconieron v Kilbeacanty
Castlegar v M/Eyrecourt

Sunday(15th) :
Rahoon v Annaghdown
Spideal v Killimor"
is there any chance of further fixtures please. Qtr/Semi/Final if possible. I think they are ahead of themselves(or behind) per fixtures booklet there was meant to be a full round of matches this weekend (8th/9th)

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 04/09/2019 10:53:14    2232665

Link

I don't know the reason there is no fixtures for this coming weekend to be honest. I'd assume they will play the last two rounds of fixtures on the 14th/15th and 21st/22nd. They may well take the next weekend off and begin the quarter finals the wk/end of the 5th/6th October. That is just my view of what could happen but as it stands there is definitely no fixtures for this weekend.

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 12 - 04/09/2019 12:44:59    2232711

Link

Kinvara v Turlough Turlough
Sylane v Moycullen Moycullen
Kilconieron v Kilbeacanty kilcon
Castlegar v M/Eyrecourt eyrecourt

Sunday(15th) :
Rahoon v Annaghdown rahoon
Spideal v Killimor spiddeal

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 04/09/2019 14:51:56    2232760

Link

There couldn't be fixtures this weekend as annaghdown moycullen Michael's and spiddle are out in the senior football championship and they are duel club's the Michael's lads play with rahoon

minor77 (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 04/09/2019 14:55:29    2232764

Link

Replying To minor77:  "There couldn't be fixtures this weekend as annaghdown moycullen Michael's and spiddle are out in the senior football championship and they are duel club's the Michael's lads play with rahoon"
Plus they county board where told by clubs to have definite fixtures weekends and to avoid fighting between the football board and hurling board they agreed on every second week. Makes total sense but how the west teams such as Moycullen Spiddle Rahoon/micheals are able to do it i have no idea they are mad to be at this carry on surely it will affect them with injuries

PineappleExpres (Galway) - Posts: 13 - 05/09/2019 18:16:14    2233116

Link

Replying To PineappleExpres:  "Plus they county board where told by clubs to have definite fixtures weekends and to avoid fighting between the football board and hurling board they agreed on every second week. Makes total sense but how the west teams such as Moycullen Spiddle Rahoon/micheals are able to do it i have no idea they are mad to be at this carry on surely it will affect them with injuries"
I know brannigan comer and o Lee plays club hurling as well as ball obviously, they probably don't mind focusing on both when out of county distractions, but still massive commitment, huge to play senior ball and inter hurling, but again look at daithi Burke, high level club football and senior hurling, it's what they live for, when these lads are young, peaking and careful then fair play to them. Thank god league games are finished, means the players have a chance of rest recovery play them off at the start of year with or without their county stars

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 81 - 05/09/2019 20:55:54    2233144

Link

Danny Cummins claregalway/carnmore can be added to that list

Galway1979 (Galway) - Posts: 1 - 05/09/2019 21:59:07    2233159

Link

Replying To mise87:  "I know brannigan comer and o Lee plays club hurling as well as ball obviously, they probably don't mind focusing on both when out of county distractions, but still massive commitment, huge to play senior ball and inter hurling, but again look at daithi Burke, high level club football and senior hurling, it's what they live for, when these lads are young, peaking and careful then fair play to them. Thank god league games are finished, means the players have a chance of rest recovery play them off at the start of year with or without their county stars"
Not really sure what Daithi is doing is sustainable, especially if Corofin are still playing in March.

Galwayspur (Offaly) - Posts: 138 - 06/09/2019 08:30:59    2233200

Link

Replying To minor77:  "There couldn't be fixtures this weekend as annaghdown moycullen Michael's and spiddle are out in the senior football championship and they are duel club's the Michael's lads play with rahoon"
*Spiddal or An Spidéal

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 599 - 06/09/2019 08:36:14    2233201

Link

Replying To PineappleExpres:  "Plus they county board where told by clubs to have definite fixtures weekends and to avoid fighting between the football board and hurling board they agreed on every second week. Makes total sense but how the west teams such as Moycullen Spiddle Rahoon/micheals are able to do it i have no idea they are mad to be at this carry on surely it will affect them with injuries"
*Spiddal or An Spidéal

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 599 - 06/09/2019 08:36:48    2233202

Link

Replying To mise87:  "I know brannigan comer and o Lee plays club hurling as well as ball obviously, they probably don't mind focusing on both when out of county distractions, but still massive commitment, huge to play senior ball and inter hurling, but again look at daithi Burke, high level club football and senior hurling, it's what they live for, when these lads are young, peaking and careful then fair play to them. Thank god league games are finished, means the players have a chance of rest recovery play them off at the start of year with or without their county stars"
* its Ó Laoi or just Lee (dropping the Ó)

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 599 - 06/09/2019 08:37:32    2233203

Link

Replying To Galwayspur:  "Not really sure what Daithi is doing is sustainable, especially if Corofin are still playing in March."
Club All Ireland's moved forward to January for this season and will be before Christmas from 2021 onwards. Daithi will be grand.

Townee2018 (Galway) - Posts: 164 - 06/09/2019 22:34:39    2233386

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "Kinvara v Turlough Turlough
Sylane v Moycullen Moycullen
Kilconieron v Kilbeacanty kilcon
Castlegar v M/Eyrecourt eyrecourt

Sunday(15th) :
Rahoon v Annaghdown rahoon
Spideal v Killimor spiddeal"
6 fairly straight forward games this Weekend
Kinvara
Moycullen
Kilconiron
Eyrecourt
Rahoon
Killimor
all to win.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 704 - 09/09/2019 13:28:54    2233841

Link

Kilconieron, M/E, Rahoon and Moycullen will probably prove too strong for their opponents this week but to be fair I don't think the other fixtures will be straightforward. Kinvara can be inconsistent and Turloughmore could pull a surprise. Kilconieron have a strong team and while I expect them to win this weekend Carnmore proved they can be got at. Spideal are a hard team to play against and have been improving year on year. Killimor probably are expected to get over the line though here. But it has been unpredictable at times this year and it would be great if it stayed that way!

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 12 - 10/09/2019 15:17:59    2234140

Link

Replying To getitouuut:  "Kilconieron, M/E, Rahoon and Moycullen will probably prove too strong for their opponents this week but to be fair I don't think the other fixtures will be straightforward. Kinvara can be inconsistent and Turloughmore could pull a surprise. Kilconieron have a strong team and while I expect them to win this weekend Carnmore proved they can be got at. Spideal are a hard team to play against and have been improving year on year. Killimor probably are expected to get over the line though here. But it has been unpredictable at times this year and it would be great if it stayed that way!"
*Will not be straightforward

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 12 - 10/09/2019 15:59:17    2234148

Link

Good win for Annaghdown the weekend beating rahoon 5 points, also big win for turlough besting Kinvara by 8 points . Killimor looked too strong for Spidéal , the addition of Andrew keary is a shot in the arm for them .
I'd imagine moycullen will be too strong for Kinvara , it will be a tight game between turlough and kilconieron , a must win for both really , a win for either team and if Kinvara lose and Carnmore win , there'll be 3 teams on 6 points , so I'd imagine it'll go to score difference if that happens ? Wide open as kilbeacanty need to beat Carnmore to stay out of relegation.
In the other group I think the group will stay as it is , Meelick-Eyrecourt topping , rahoon second , Killimor 3rd and Annaghdown 4th .
Any thoughts ?

Galway-2020 (Galway) - Posts: 1 - 16/09/2019 09:12:46    2235930

Link

just to be clear, its a forgone conclusion that Moycullen will beat kinvara with a bit to spare, and i also think carnmore will take kilbecanty, so that would leave both teams level on points for the last spot in the qtrs. does it go on points difference (carnmore will have better) or head to head (kinvara beat carnmore) ?

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 16/09/2019 10:55:32    2235984

Link