Galway Forum

Intermediate Hurling Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

is there any games this weekend?

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 69 - 19/08/2019 15:12:54    2227535

Link

I don't think so, the weekend after I think is the next round of fixtures.

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 17 - 19/08/2019 15:46:46    2227557

Link

I have been to a number of games this year and for me only 3 teams can win the intermediate championship and that is Kilconeiron, Meelick and Moycullen. Meelick from watching them this year are a level above all these teams mentioned and they will go all the way. Moycullen are a strong physical side and I expect them to be around come the business end. Kilconeiron could be the team to give Meelick the most trouble.After a shock loss in the opening round of fixture against kinvara they have steadied the ship with some fine wins. They beat meelick in the semi final last year and will put it upto them again this year but I think meelick look a bit stronger and will have learned from this.
Other teams with an outside chance would be Kinvara, Killimor and Rahoon but don't see any of these teams troubling the big 3. Kinvara are too heavily reliant on conor whelan and dont have a good enough 15 to win it out. Killimor and Rahoon are for me in the weaker group and will both be going no further than the quarters or semis.
Every other team don't have a hope of winning it out and can see castlegar being relegated.

IamtheChosenOne14 (Galway) - Posts: 2 - 26/08/2019 15:26:21    2229454

Link

Replying To IamtheChosenOne14:  "I have been to a number of games this year and for me only 3 teams can win the intermediate championship and that is Kilconeiron, Meelick and Moycullen. Meelick from watching them this year are a level above all these teams mentioned and they will go all the way. Moycullen are a strong physical side and I expect them to be around come the business end. Kilconeiron could be the team to give Meelick the most trouble.After a shock loss in the opening round of fixture against kinvara they have steadied the ship with some fine wins. They beat meelick in the semi final last year and will put it upto them again this year but I think meelick look a bit stronger and will have learned from this.
Other teams with an outside chance would be Kinvara, Killimor and Rahoon but don't see any of these teams troubling the big 3. Kinvara are too heavily reliant on conor whelan and dont have a good enough 15 to win it out. Killimor and Rahoon are for me in the weaker group and will both be going no further than the quarters or semis.
Every other team don't have a hope of winning it out and can see castlegar being relegated."
has anyone the tables after this weekends matches. Group 1 would be tight i imagine. all teams have lost once i think.

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 69 - 26/08/2019 15:38:19    2229457

Link

Group 1
P W D L Pts
Moycullen 4 3 0 1 6
Kinvara 4 2 2 0 6
Kilconiron 3 2 0 1 4
Sylane 4 1 1 2 3
Kilbecanty 4 1 1 2 3
Turlough 3 1 0 2 2
Carnmore 4 1 0 3 2

Group 2
P W D L Pts
M/Eyrecourt 4 4 0 0 8
R/Newcastle 3 3 0 0 6
Killimor 3 2 0 1 4
Kiltormer 4 1 1 2 3
Spiddal 3 1 0 2 2
Annaghdown 3 0 1 2 1
Castlegar 4 0 0 4 0

katser (Galway) - Posts: 738 - 26/08/2019 20:27:53    2229539

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "has anyone the tables after this weekends matches. Group 1 would be tight i imagine. all teams have lost once i think."
Your Club have a must win match this weekend against a football Club Spiddal to keep in touch with the top 4!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 738 - 26/08/2019 20:32:42    2229541

Link

Fixtures for the upcoming weekend:

Saturday:
Turloughmore v Sylane
Annaghdown v Castlegar
Kiltormer v Spideal

Sunday:
Carnmore v Kilconieron
Killimor v Rahoon

The ties are a lot more evenly matched looking to me this week in comparison to the last round and I am expecting some tight scorelines. I'm going to go for Sylane, Annaghdown, Kiltormer, Kilconieron. The last tie between Killimor and Rahoon is very hard to call so I'll go for a draw!

Any more predictions?

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 17 - 27/08/2019 09:43:11    2229669

Link

Replying To katser:  "Your Club have a must win match this weekend against a football Club Spiddal to keep in touch with the top 4!"
Last year An Spidéal were intermediate in football and hurling - so not entirely a football club a mhac!

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 604 - 27/08/2019 11:09:18    2229716

Link

Saturday:
Turloughmore v Sylane Turlough
Annaghdown v Castlegar Comer
Kiltormer v Spideal Kiltormer

Sunday:
Carnmore v Kilconieron Kilcon
Killimor v Rahoon rahoon

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 69 - 27/08/2019 16:19:26    2229849

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "Saturday:
Turloughmore v Sylane Turlough
Annaghdown v Castlegar Comer
Kiltormer v Spideal Kiltormer

Sunday:
Carnmore v Kilconieron Kilcon
Killimor v Rahoon rahoon"
Too predictable so I'll shake it up a bit!!!
Sylane
Annaghdown
Kiltormer
Carnmore
Killimor
All to win!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 738 - 27/08/2019 17:07:13    2229868

Link

Replying To katser:  "Too predictable so I'll shake it up a bit!!!
Sylane
Annaghdown
Kiltormer
Carnmore
Killimor
All to win!"
Looks like the ties of the weekend will be Killimor vs Rahoon. Think it will be a tight game and can see it being a draw.
Sylane
Annaghdown
Spiddal
Kilcon
draw

IamtheChosenOne14 (Galway) - Posts: 2 - 29/08/2019 15:58:54    2230466

Link

Big win for carnmore today, hurled well but I taught kil where very poor, they look a wee bit rusty, the started arguing amongst themselves when it was in melting pot.
Moycullen still my favs to go up but I'd fancy mellick too, big game for them and rahoon to come.
Surprising to see spiddel with a 2nd win against kiltormer, a so called football club, no different to them annaghdown and moycullen plying both trades at high levels

Date for next round agreed yet?

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 92 - 01/09/2019 21:11:58    2231532

Link

Replying To mise87:  "Big win for carnmore today, hurled well but I taught kil where very poor, they look a wee bit rusty, the started arguing amongst themselves when it was in melting pot.
Moycullen still my favs to go up but I'd fancy mellick too, big game for them and rahoon to come.
Surprising to see spiddel with a 2nd win against kiltormer, a so called football club, no different to them annaghdown and moycullen plying both trades at high levels

Date for next round agreed yet?"
Was talking to the Galway bay FM reporter and he said to me that the Spiddal team have about 20 boys playing both with about 10 of them starting on both teams. Hard to believe they can manage to do it. Moycullen and Annaghdown have about 5-8 guys doing both not sure how many start. Was secretly delighted to see Spiddal beat my neighbours. They are struggling team and will do good to avoid the supposed relegation if there is one are they relegating one or 2 teams or any at all have they said

PineappleExpres (Galway) - Posts: 15 - 01/09/2019 22:03:22    2231568

Link

Replying To PineappleExpres:  "Was talking to the Galway bay FM reporter and he said to me that the Spiddal team have about 20 boys playing both with about 10 of them starting on both teams. Hard to believe they can manage to do it. Moycullen and Annaghdown have about 5-8 guys doing both not sure how many start. Was secretly delighted to see Spiddal beat my neighbours. They are struggling team and will do good to avoid the supposed relegation if there is one are they relegating one or 2 teams or any at all have they said"
1 team is relegated from Intermediate.
The bottom 2 teams from each Group cross play eachother (7th v 6th & 6th v 7th with the 2 losers playing eachother in the Relegation match.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 738 - 01/09/2019 22:21:13    2231576

Link

Huge result for Carnmore! Great win for Rahoon to remain unbeaten, Killimor throwing away a 6 point half team lead to lose by 3. Nearly all teams still in with a chance to qualify.

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 17 - 02/09/2019 12:57:37    2231856

Link

Replying To getitouuut:  "Huge result for Carnmore! Great win for Rahoon to remain unbeaten, Killimor throwing away a 6 point half team lead to lose by 3. Nearly all teams still in with a chance to qualify."
Group 2 looking interesting. All teams in Group 1 still in with a shout of quarterfinals to if i am correct? Meelick, rahoon and kinvara the only teams upbeaten so far and certain of a qtrfinal spot. some resulf for carnmore

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 69 - 02/09/2019 14:54:40    2231921

Link

Yeah all teams with the exception of Castlegar can still qualify from the groups. Kiltormer are now dependent on other and must beat Killimor in their last game by the looks of it. Carnmore are really back in the mix of things now too as they have to play Kilbeacanty. Sylane and Turlough with tough fixtures left.

getitouuut (Galway) - Posts: 17 - 02/09/2019 17:59:07    2232010

Link

Replying To PineappleExpres:  "Was talking to the Galway bay FM reporter and he said to me that the Spiddal team have about 20 boys playing both with about 10 of them starting on both teams. Hard to believe they can manage to do it. Moycullen and Annaghdown have about 5-8 guys doing both not sure how many start. Was secretly delighted to see Spiddal beat my neighbours. They are struggling team and will do good to avoid the supposed relegation if there is one are they relegating one or 2 teams or any at all have they said"
Its definitely about a 20 man overlap in An Spidéal, remarkable when there only about 30 lads training (some session are done with both teams). Arguably more than 10 starting on any given day between both football and hurling. What I will say though is that An Spidéal have always had a great tradition of hurling. They cam close to a few minor and U21 B finals over the years pre-recession but the number of players dropped dramatically over the recession years (as with every club) but they seem to be making in-roads again and fair play to all involved.

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 604 - 03/09/2019 09:13:07    2232218

Link

Next round of fixtures released yet?

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 92 - 03/09/2019 15:14:06    2232427

Link

Yep

Saturday(14th) :
Kinvara v Turlough
Sylane v Moycullen
Kilconieron v Kilbeacanty
Castlegar v M/Eyrecourt

Sunday(15th) :