Louth Forum

Amalgamations

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

2 many clubs taking the easy option with amalgamation. My neighbouring club could field & compete U 13 last year & the team they are joining up with could do so as well they are now getting 35 + at training with still a few lads to get back into it for U 14s this year & they still join up because that's what the club is use to doing & they are entered into Div 3 absolute waste of time.
The Clans & Gaels must be really struggling for players & are probably losing players to soccer as young lads will play soccer because it is far better organized & more consistent fixtures.
Louth Gaa is on it's knees at juvenile level & nothing been done about it.
U have kids playing U7/8/9/10/11 blitz for the first 5yrs & when they get to U12 level they start playing in Div 1-4 & nobody has a clue what division any club should be in & it goes on word of mouth from clubs. it really is a shambles.

TopDog(lu) (Louth) - Posts: 141 - 22/02/2019 21:08:02    2167027

Link

Replying To Redzer_Brown:  "Kevin's/ Dreadnots a joke,
2 years ago they were both Div 1 teams, correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like our x county manager now top dog in Kevin's looking get minor champo under his belt for his own parish also will be seen as a great achievement.
How can teams approx20 KM apart join up beats if it passes"
By the way Redzer, What a load of rubbish. I would imagine if they had the players they would not amalgamate. If we all had the players we had two years ago we would be fine. My club always have to amalgamate as we never were lucky enough to have a full team of our own players, that's just the way it is. The problem is the structure in louth is shocking and how would we keep young lads playing gaa when we cannot run a competition properly. Most of the underage leagues have 8 teams and it takes 10 months to run about 12 games in league and championship

The clubs are letting this happen and do nothing about it. Not to long ago the senior clubs got together to stop a new adult championship and now when they got their way they jump back into the box they came out off. You don't see them talking when it comes to underage because they don't care.

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 49 - 22/02/2019 23:05:03    2167048

Link

Replying To Redzer_Brown:  "Kevin's/ Dreadnots a joke,
2 years ago they were both Div 1 teams, correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like our x county manager now top dog in Kevin's looking get minor champo under his belt for his own parish also will be seen as a great achievement.
How can teams approx20 KM apart join up beats if it passes"
Totally agree redzer that's the main reason there looking to join,other counties and codes must be laughing at us,minor league meet to start tomorrow.....

Loyalblue19 (Louth) - Posts: 11 - 23/02/2019 06:46:35    2167066

Link

Anyone any idea what's happening on the minor now

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 49 - 25/02/2019 09:21:39    2167843

Link