National Forum

The Allianz HL Thread (For All Divisions)

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To PortInFaithful:  "Any thoughts on this weekend's games?"
I also want to see how Carlow perform after their big result vs Galway. I'd love to see another big result from them.

Trump2020 (Galway) - Posts: 349 - 15/02/2019 14:19:44    2165505

Link

Replying To Trump2020:  "The Kilkenny v Limerick match intrigues me the most. Should be a great one."
Same should be a cracking game. Limerick are the top team at the moment. A repeat of the All Ireland quarter-final from last year would do nicely.

PortInFaithful (Offaly) - Posts: 415 - 15/02/2019 15:43:05    2165518

Link

Replying To PortInFaithful:  "Same should be a cracking game. Limerick are the top team at the moment. A repeat of the All Ireland quarter-final from last year would do nicely."
This time last year I'd have taken promotion from 1B and a decent run in Munster as being a successful season.
Never in a 100 years did I see us seriously challenging for the all ireland, let alone winning it.

Expecting a really good game here..

skillet (Limerick) - Posts: 446 - 15/02/2019 16:11:11    2165527

Link

Replying To PortInFaithful:  "Same should be a cracking game. Limerick are the top team at the moment. A repeat of the All Ireland quarter-final from last year would do nicely."
It's hard to say who is the top team at the moment in that not all teams are putting out all their guys. Galway and Kilkenny are missing the St Thomas's and Ballyhale lads and I'm sure some teams are experimenting with younger guys and fringe players, etc.

Trump2020 (Galway) - Posts: 349 - 15/02/2019 16:54:45    2165535

Link

Replying To Trump2020:  "It's hard to say who is the top team at the moment in that not all teams are putting out all their guys. Galway and Kilkenny are missing the St Thomas's and Ballyhale lads and I'm sure some teams are experimenting with younger guys and fringe players, etc."
I think it 'll be a good game. Limerick did alot of heavy lifting and training this week but they 'll perform against the cats. It's very hard to win in Nowlan Park but it would be a scalp that would prove they are in with a great chance at holding onto the All Ireland. I think Kilkenny feel they are close to winning an All Ireland too, could have beaten us in that quarter although their goalie won an All Star from that performance.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 873 - 15/02/2019 17:48:47    2165541

Link

just an opinion here...the way the leagues are top 4 from 1a and top 4 from 1b play in the quarter finals I think is a bit unfair on the 2a winners....surely a 2a winner is more merit than 4th place in 1b.....so really I think it should be just 3 teams coming out of 1 b and giving the 2a winner a crack at the quarter final and giving them incentive and meaning to winning a 2a title

preddan (Kildare) - Posts: 353 - 22/02/2019 22:14:30    2167041

Link

Replying To preddan:  "just an opinion here...the way the leagues are top 4 from 1a and top 4 from 1b play in the quarter finals I think is a bit unfair on the 2a winners....surely a 2a winner is more merit than 4th place in 1b.....so really I think it should be just 3 teams coming out of 1 b and giving the 2a winner a crack at the quarter final and giving them incentive and meaning to winning a 2a title"
Excellent point Preddan. There's not much difference in quality between the 'bottom 3' in 1B and the top couple of teams in 2A so I agree it would be a great opportunity for them. Hopefully Westmeath can finally break the hoodoo and make the jump up. It's been 30-odd years since they played first division hurling.

35OLT (USA) - Posts: 12 - 23/02/2019 04:15:03    2167065

Link