Limerick Forum

Under 20 Hurling

(Oldest Posts First)

Any update on under twenty management. Have they started back training even . If not its a bad reflection on county board this isn't sorted by now.

FAST.MAN (Limerick) - Posts: 83 - 08/01/2019 14:01:08    2156102

Link

I agree that that the u20 hurlers should be back by now ,cork played kerry seniors before christmas , tipp played W I T last weekend and limerick have,nt a manager yet , playing cork in cork in the first round might not be appealing to some but unless we are pulling out of the competition we should get our act together and get that panel training asap , the u21 teams of the last few year got us LIAM in August ,we have to keep pushing on

CAPTAINMAC (Limerick) - Posts: 86 - 10/01/2019 14:44:19    2156401

Link

Replying To FAST.MAN:  "Any update on under twenty management. Have they started back training even . If not its a bad reflection on county board this isn't sorted by now."
Paul Beary appointed. Strange decision considering Na Piarsaigh got rid of him after 1 year

lowballs (Limerick) - Posts: 207 - 11/01/2019 20:46:38    2156665

Link

An appointment is welcome but this team should be back training long ago. Hopefully now a panel can be formed as soon as possible and get back at it to give them some chance of progress this year

FAST.MAN (Limerick) - Posts: 83 - 12/01/2019 07:14:27    2156690

Link

im delighted a fella like paul beary hasnt been lost to hurling.he could easily have walked away after the treatment he got from his lifetime club.god help the next man in there because its obvious if all ireland club isnt won,they,ll lose the job to.beary will have a fair idea of what players are available to him for under 20 and i wish him and all involved with him the very best of luck.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 959 - 12/01/2019 12:04:17    2156709

Link

Hopefully he 'll do well. He had Na Piarsaigh in terrible form for the Munster club final. They didn't raise a gallop. Still he's giving up his time. I just don't think he's up to much and doesn't think or act fast enough on the line.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 914 - 12/01/2019 17:25:18    2156733

Link

Replying To bloodyban:  "Hopefully he 'll do well. He had Na Piarsaigh in terrible form for the Munster club final. They didn't raise a gallop. Still he's giving up his time. I just don't think he's up to much and doesn't think or act fast enough on the line."
I hope we are not witnessing a return to the sloppy way of doing things as exhibited so often in the past, by our county board. I hope that just because we have won a long overdue Senior Title we are not adapting the attitude that promotion the game at under age level is no longer that important.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 1789 - 12/01/2019 21:13:42    2156762

Link

The length of time this took to appoint a manager and no selectors appointed yet it won't fill u with confidence. Should have been sorted months ago

FAST.MAN (Limerick) - Posts: 83 - 12/01/2019 21:30:31    2156767

Link

just because na piarsigh got rid of him is no reason to slag him off , the players didnt turn up against ballygunner and when that happens its not the managers fault , give him a chance let him pick his backroom team and get on with it , they wont be out until june so there is plenty of time to prepare this bunch , if they are county standard they are always fit and ready

CAPTAINMAC (Limerick) - Posts: 86 - 14/01/2019 08:42:47    2156986

Link

I was down for a run at the new all weather pitches in UL Sunday morning, Kilkenny were playing Clare there in an U20 challenge game. Seems a bit mad for competition not starting until May but shows what other counties are at. According to Martin Kiely in the Leader a number of people were asked to take this job this year but none would take it so not all county boards fault

higgins (Limerick) - Posts: 209 - 14/01/2019 11:49:30    2157033

Link

i did post a few weeks back that we had plenty of time to get this bunch back training well we got a manager but still no word on selectors or panel being put together what is going on all the other Munster counties are back panels picked and playing games against the collages

CAPTAINMAC (Limerick) - Posts: 86 - 28/01/2019 08:43:15    2160223

Link

Replying To CAPTAINMAC:  "i did post a few weeks back that we had plenty of time to get this bunch back training well we got a manager but still no word on selectors or panel being put together what is going on all the other Munster counties are back panels picked and playing games against the collages"
We seem to be pursuing to same route back to oblivion that so many smaller counties have done in the past, when they had success. Quite clearly the County Board have their eyes off the ball in this one. In a time when we never in a better position to promote the game was are adapting a Laiissex faire, everything will be alright on the day attitude. As Roy Keane said 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail'. Yesterday Cork teams qualified for the Harty Cup Final and the B Final. This development should not go unnoticed.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 1789 - 28/01/2019 10:51:19    2160296

Link

tipp played UL last sunday, tipp playing UCC tonight limerick still not up and running a shambles and when cork do beat us in early july it will be the players fault

CAPTAINMAC (Limerick) - Posts: 86 - 08/02/2019 15:28:56    2163482

Link

Replying To Oldtourman:  "I hope we are not witnessing a return to the sloppy way of doing things as exhibited so often in the past, by our county board. I hope that just because we have won a long overdue Senior Title we are not adapting the attitude that promotion the game at under age level is no longer that important."
So true. Can't afford to slacken off.

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 942 - 08/02/2019 18:46:36    2163521

Link