Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Kyle Hayes has the ability right now to be a superstar and after his young hurler of the year award will only drive on. He has been used sparingly thus far due to injury. He is nailed on to start in May. His work rate is incredible and ability to win primary ball and score equally impressive. For me one of the first names down.

Tom Morrissey has had an average league. He hasn't looked as sharp as he was this time last year but again it's early doors. I loved Gearoid hegartys interview after his motm award against laois when he said he felt under enormous pressure for his place after performances from likes of boylan Dowling etc. As will all lines on the field. This is the essence of repeat success.

For me Peter Casey is a class act. He is pushing hard in the ff line reckoning which is incredibly strong. It's all positive now with lads pushing one another all the time. As for may it's a bit away and hopefully no injuries ease the decision for kiely. I'd like to see Mike Casey get back soon as for me he is an outstanding full back cementing Finn and English in the corners which for me is the optimal line up for the fb line and contrary to some posters here from other pages a top class defensive line which is crucial in an attacking aswell as defensive sense.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 355 - 16/03/2019 10:43:51    2172546

Link

For me Peter Casey before Mulcahy is the only change from last year providing everyone is fit. Mike Casey to come back in as he's the best option at full back-this full back line is a strength despite what other counties poster's may say, contrast how they dealt with Whelan and Glynn in the AI and how Clare dealt with them.Mulcahy of all our players is a hard ground hurler so he will come back into form as the year goes on but Casey for me has scored and played well this year. Hayes is only getting fitter now as he seemed to be carrying a bit of weight but he played well against Clare and he's pace and ball carrying is vital to the team as a whole. As for Morrissey he had a good game v Tipp while everyone was below par v Cork and the Clare match was hard for anyone to stand out in. Mulcahy, Boylan, Dowling and Hanley or Colin Ryan to come in v Cork with 20 minutes to go with O'Loughlin and Condon to cover the backs not to mention Murphy and Pat Pyan and we have loads of options and some may even start the 2nd day in Waterford.

updwell (Limerick) - Posts: 316 - 16/03/2019 12:24:50    2172577

Link

Am I correct in saying that Peter Duggan & Connor Cleary will be missing gor their next Walsh Park visit? As will Harnedy for their Tipp Clash? That's a big boost for both Tipp & Waterford

Only HT in the Dublin Tipp game but could be a clean sweep for 1B teams today. Joke of a league and will be worse next year.

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 118 - 16/03/2019 17:28:05    2172660

Link

Ideal result for Limerick yesterday. They can potentially get to. League final without playing a Munster team in the knockout stages.
And if Limerick and Waterford win semifinals Limerick would get a close up view of the new Waterford team that will provide a much different challenge in championship this year.

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 767 - 17/03/2019 10:23:37    2172954

Link

Nowlan Park next Sunday at 1.30 we are playing Dublin.Galway Vs Waterford at 3.30.really strange that it isn't thurles but I love going to Nowlan Park so looking forward to it

hitmanhart (Limerick) - Posts: 496 - 17/03/2019 14:11:40    2173039

Link

think its a strange choice of venue to be taking limerick and galway teams as thurles was the ideal venue.nowlan park is a lovely venue and with a half decent crowd it will create a great atmosphere.dont think venue will make much difference as this team dont care where they play,i am worried about mike casey as he will not have much game tine coming to chamoionship.i feel the three really pushing are condon,boylan and peter casey.its a great position to be in.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 959 - 17/03/2019 18:53:46    2173165

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "i'm not picking anything or either are you ( thank god) . if cork beat us in the first match at home id be thinking we are in big trouble. john kiely is not going to drop kyle hayes tom morrissey and graham mulcahy like you say. theres one player that could break into the first 15 peter casey."
We're also just speculating on what we see in a technically meaningless league. Training over the next 2 months will be very decisive I would think.

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 858 - 18/03/2019 04:22:01    2173298

Link

Does Anyone have or know of ticket information for the Semi-final in Kilkenny? Have seen nothing so far. Have a season ticket Myself but asking for Someone. Very annoying choice of venue

LarryMulligan (Limerick) - Posts: 2 - 18/03/2019 13:56:39    2173399

Link

Replying To blackspot91:  "We're also just speculating on what we see in a technically meaningless league. Training over the next 2 months will be very decisive I would think."
I think it's more comical than "technically meaningless". Im sure who ever wins it won't think so. And I'm sure every county involved learned a lot from it. If it's the relegation issue, it's pretty much the same next year. I can tell you now (and I don't mean to be disrespectful) that Westmeath will be relagated from our group and either Laois or Carlow on the other side. They will most likely be replaced by Offaly, Antrim or Kerry. Rather than being meaningless it will be a joke. Surely, Westmeath, Laois, Carlow, Offaly, Antrim and a few more would be better off playing in their own league with one up and one down each year. The only problem with that is who ever comes up / down will be "in a league of their own"
Maybe the "relagated" team (or even bottom two teams) could lose home advantage for the first Championship game??

Galway won the league in 2017 yet they played in 1b in 2108. Limerick qualified top of 1B twice yet weren't promoted. However, I'm pretty sure this new system is worse than what we had. Even if they made it an 8 team 1A it would have been better.
I'd give it one year but the pundits will be going crazy with the trouncings that Westmeath , Laois & Carlow will get.

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 118 - 18/03/2019 15:04:21    2173414

Link

Replying To LarryMulligan:  "Does Anyone have or know of ticket information for the Semi-final in Kilkenny? Have seen nothing so far. Have a season ticket Myself but asking for Someone. Very annoying choice of venue"
Tipp have a home football match in thurles Sunday so i assume they decided on nowlan park as 2nd choice. It's s lovely ground and pitch so happy to travel back again so soon.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 355 - 18/03/2019 16:04:58    2173432

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "Tipp have a home football match in thurles Sunday so i assume they decided on nowlan park as 2nd choice. It's s lovely ground and pitch so happy to travel back again so soon."
Could have done a triple header? Doesn't matter now anyway. When are ticket details announced does anybody know

LarryMulligan (Limerick) - Posts: 2 - 18/03/2019 17:22:08    2173452

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "Tipp have a home football match in thurles Sunday so i assume they decided on nowlan park as 2nd choice. It's s lovely ground and pitch so happy to travel back again so soon."
Yes indeed. Nice to get quality game time in Nowlan Park!

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 939 - 18/03/2019 17:26:54    2173456

Link