Fermanagh Forum

Club v County

(Oldest Posts First)

There is an interesting article reported in the Irish news about the newly-launched Club Players Association (CPA) and their concern about clubs being starved of county players. The CPA has stated their mission to be the establishment of a "balanced fixture programme" for club players. Back in 2015 Fermanagh's clubs were all motivated to act by the frustration felt by club players at the scheduling of their fixtures. The county fixtures and the associated restriction on club games definitely caused uproar so much so that the county board made efforts to have club games completed mostly in time in 2016. However, club managers were frustrated even in the 2016 that the county team manager had so much say and how that impacted on clubs and how they had to survive without their county players. This subsequently impacted on how people perceived how club managers performed which was highly unfair situation.
I notice that the Irish News says that the Tyrone manager, Mickey Harte insists that clubs being expected to field without their county players is the exception rather than the rule. Well that may be so for a big county like his with a larger club player resource but the same situation cannot be applied to Fermanagh. I agree with the Club Players Association that there has been frustration, powerlessness, a sense of futility. I also agree that there is an overwhelming agreement that something needs to be done to protect and preserve our games before it is too late. Starvation of clubs of their county players has to stop!

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 203 - 17/01/2017 12:18:09    1946280

Link

Replying To TurnipHead.:  "There is an interesting article reported in the Irish news about the newly-launched Club Players Association (CPA) and their concern about clubs being starved of county players. The CPA has stated their mission to be the establishment of a "balanced fixture programme" for club players. Back in 2015 Fermanagh's clubs were all motivated to act by the frustration felt by club players at the scheduling of their fixtures. The county fixtures and the associated restriction on club games definitely caused uproar so much so that the county board made efforts to have club games completed mostly in time in 2016. However, club managers were frustrated even in the 2016 that the county team manager had so much say and how that impacted on clubs and how they had to survive without their county players. This subsequently impacted on how people perceived how club managers performed which was highly unfair situation.
I notice that the Irish News says that the Tyrone manager, Mickey Harte insists that clubs being expected to field without their county players is the exception rather than the rule. Well that may be so for a big county like his with a larger club player resource but the same situation cannot be applied to Fermanagh. I agree with the Club Players Association that there has been frustration, powerlessness, a sense of futility. I also agree that there is an overwhelming agreement that something needs to be done to protect and preserve our games before it is too late. Starvation of clubs of their county players has to stop!"
interesting posting gilly!

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 18/01/2017 21:36:04    1946783

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "interesting posting gilly!"
I don't see apportioning blame on the absence of county players on the like of Ederney last season and Tempo the previous season for the problems they had.

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 951 - 19/01/2017 11:13:32    1946915

Link

Replying To TurnipHead.:  "There is an interesting article reported in the Irish news about the newly-launched Club Players Association (CPA) and their concern about clubs being starved of county players. The CPA has stated their mission to be the establishment of a "balanced fixture programme" for club players. Back in 2015 Fermanagh's clubs were all motivated to act by the frustration felt by club players at the scheduling of their fixtures. The county fixtures and the associated restriction on club games definitely caused uproar so much so that the county board made efforts to have club games completed mostly in time in 2016. However, club managers were frustrated even in the 2016 that the county team manager had so much say and how that impacted on clubs and how they had to survive without their county players. This subsequently impacted on how people perceived how club managers performed which was highly unfair situation.
I notice that the Irish News says that the Tyrone manager, Mickey Harte insists that clubs being expected to field without their county players is the exception rather than the rule. Well that may be so for a big county like his with a larger club player resource but the same situation cannot be applied to Fermanagh. I agree with the Club Players Association that there has been frustration, powerlessness, a sense of futility. I also agree that there is an overwhelming agreement that something needs to be done to protect and preserve our games before it is too late. Starvation of clubs of their county players has to stop!"
I think this would be helpful in the current date about the clubs having to play without their county player contingent

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 203 - 25/04/2017 16:46:28    1982592

Link