Fermanagh Forum

Ulster Club

(Oldest Posts First)

A busy weekend coming up now for the 3 Fermanagh clubs in Ulster Club action.
It would be great to see the 3 clubs winning and give Fermanagh football a boost.
The 3 clubs are experienced but it is a big step up to play in Ulster.
Derrygonnelly have a very tuff game v Slaughtneill, the Favourites to win the Competition. They are on a high and Harps will have 3 county players missing from last years team. So it looks tuff for them
Kinawley have a real match winner in Ruairi Corrigan and hopefully can get a result in Antrim. They hit goals through the ferm championship so will need to get goals on Sunday too.
Newtown have a very experienced squad with Ryan Carson, they could cause a shock playing in Brewster. Alot of the team is over 30 so this may be their last chance in the big time

What do people think the Clubs chances are??

VODAFONE (Fermanagh) - Posts: 80 - 24/10/2016 17:57:30    1928694

Link

Yes I agree indeed if "shock" if Derrygonnelly in particular win as they are well out of their depth at Ulster level as they were booted out last year having been humiliated by an 18 point defeat to the same Slaughtneil team. As for Kinawley and Newtown, let's hope they progress!

Meanwhile, on Saturday night we welcome you to the club house for a Gaels club Halloween special. It will have a humorous 'Hoganstand forum# theme with effigy of various posters e.g. an effigy of macca with be brought in on a broom stick and those willing to give him a bashing for 2 mins can do so for a £5 donation or longer depending on one's contribution. You will be able to punch, kick or screw the necks of these stuffed life-size fun effigies. Everyone is welcome. Doors open from 8pm.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 746 - 25/10/2016 17:42:23    1928944

Link

Hi gaalltheway thanks for your support for Kinawley and we too hope for a good result. That's an interesting fundraising idea your club came up with. I might call in to see what it's all about. My favourites would to give a thumping to would be hoganstand's versions of gotmilk and turniphead effigies :)

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 951 - 25/10/2016 20:20:47    1928998

Link

Replying To cillnaile.:  "Hi gaalltheway thanks for your support for Kinawley and we too hope for a good result. That's an interesting fundraising idea your club came up with. I might call in to see what it's all about. My favourites would to give a thumping to would be hoganstand's versions of gotmilk and turniphead effigies :)"
I guess I had better not show up then lol.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 25/10/2016 21:36:03    1929013

Link

I'm only hearing about this event so count me in as I'm eagerly looking forward to knocking the stuffing out of macca.

Bring it on!

YesterdaysMan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 732 - 26/10/2016 22:04:03    1929350

Link

Ulster Club SFC Quarter Final
Slaughtneil Derry) 0-12 0-07Derrygonnelly
Disappointing that Fermanagh hasn't been able to get pass the first hurdle in recent years. Today's result resulted from a canter effort from the Derry champions and that about sums up the poor quality we having going through.

Ulster Club IFC Quarter Final
St. Mary's (Antrim) 2-8 1-9 Kinawley
In the intermediate again Kinawley wild expectations were put to bed which will a fore warning of what's to come in their entry into senior div 1 league.

Ulster Club JFF Quarter Final
Newtownbutler 1-15 1-9 Drumgath (Down)
Newtown were the only team to do Fermanagh proud and cormfotably secured their place in the semi final.

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 203 - 30/10/2016 18:04:17    1930231

Link