Fermanagh Forum

All Ireland Football Championship 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To neverright:  "Desperately hard luck Fermanagh. You were cheated out of the chance to win the game. O'Sea should have been off the field long before the dive and should not have got a couple of scored frees in the first half. You have a fine team, players who don't disappear when the pressure comes on. If you can keep you manger add a couple of young players to your panel over the winter/spring you will certainly be able to compete with any of the top counties."
O'Shea pulled down a player when he had a yellow card and the ref looked like he was going to book him again but obviously bottled it when he saw he already had a yellow and gave him a tick - the tick didn't stop him from diving

McGrath has really made great strides with the Fermanagh team and hopefully he stays for quite a few more years

eamonkeown (Fermanagh) - Posts: 23 - 10/07/2016 18:49:40    1880262

Link

Can O'Shea be disciplined by the GAA HQ if a complaint is formally made and uphead? Indeed can the umpire(s) be reprimanded for their careless duty of responsibility in seeing that they carry out the function of their role properly? Lots of questions too about other aspects such as O'Shea's foul that surprisingly did not warrantly a yellow (2nd) card!

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1221 - 10/07/2016 19:55:46    1880348

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Can O'Shea be disciplined by the GAA HQ if a complaint is formally made and uphead? Indeed can the umpire(s) be reprimanded for their careless duty of responsibility in seeing that they carry out the function of their role properly? Lots of questions too about other aspects such as O'Shea's foul that surprisingly did not warrantly a yellow (2nd) card!"
Hard luck lads, shocking injustice done to you, it was the worst bit of refereeing I ever seen, was cheering for you.

blueman1903 (Cavan) - Posts: 705 - 11/07/2016 12:12:32    1880835

Link

Replying To erneboy:  "Can O'Shea be disciplined by the GAA HQ if a complaint is formally made and uphead? Indeed can the umpire(s) be reprimanded for their careless duty of responsibility in seeing that they carry out the function of their role properly? Lots of questions too about other aspects such as O'Shea's foul that surprisingly did not warrantly a yellow (2nd) card!"
No to every question you asked.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 11/07/2016 18:55:47    1881225

Link

I don't know why we role over and take this injustice ... if this was dublin that was wronged in this way there's be a court injunction by now ;-) Armagh Laois get a replay for an official allowing a 6th sub in the. 74th minute. ... then an official records two ticks and a yellow card but doesn't send the player off and we just take it ... I was at the match and I'm still sick

AnBuachaillGlas (Fermanagh) - Posts: 287 - 15/07/2016 00:57:52    1883605

Link

Replying To AnBuachaillGlas:  "I don't know why we role over and take this injustice ... if this was dublin that was wronged in this way there's be a court injunction by now ;-) Armagh Laois get a replay for an official allowing a 6th sub in the. 74th minute. ... then an official records two ticks and a yellow card but doesn't send the player off and we just take it ... I was at the match and I'm still sick"
Get over it, we're out!!! Yes the decision was wrong but nothing can be done now. As Eoin Donnelly says all we can do is learn from this year. Against the Donegal and Mayo we had decent performances but failed to hang on in there and get the win. Hopefully McGrath stays on and we can build again.

sidelinecut40 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 69 - 15/07/2016 10:09:30    1883673

Link

Agreed sideline cut! Fermanagh fans starting to let the side down now by the continuous harping on about something that happens regularly, in some form or another, throughout club and county games (easy to spot the outraged fair weather or arm chair supporter who either hasn't played the game or has gotten so far out of touch with it.)
Now I'm not saying diving should be tolerated but the ref bought it unfortunately so we move on! Let's not forget Mayo should have had a stone wall pen before this and also that we should have been able to hold on to a 6 point HT lead if we were truly deserving of progressing. Still, all being said the lads once again have given everything for the jersey and the county and that's all any supporter can ask. Hope Pete stays with us.

RedRum (Fermanagh) - Posts: 264 - 15/07/2016 10:50:53    1883705

Link

Replying To RedRum:  "Agreed sideline cut! Fermanagh fans starting to let the side down now by the continuous harping on about something that happens regularly, in some form or another, throughout club and county games (easy to spot the outraged fair weather or arm chair supporter who either hasn't played the game or has gotten so far out of touch with it.)
Now I'm not saying diving should be tolerated but the ref bought it unfortunately so we move on! Let's not forget Mayo should have had a stone wall pen before this and also that we should have been able to hold on to a 6 point HT lead if we were truly deserving of progressing. Still, all being said the lads once again have given everything for the jersey and the county and that's all any supporter can ask. Hope Pete stays with us."
Agree with the pair of ye. We were beat, unfairly yes but these things happen. If it was quigley who had dived we wouldn't be whinging. Look best thing Fermanagh can do is hope that Pete stays on and build on this. There is the core of a very good side there, lets hope that next year we can get our hands on some silverware.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 15/07/2016 12:17:06    1883775

Link

macca999's Mayo has missed the boat as the Dubs will sort them out in 2 weeks time!

Tickets will be scarce but the club house here will be allocating them fairly soon. macca might have to beg from the key men in the Gaels to get one! A bad year for him with Fermanagh not living up to expectations, his most favourite team, Monaghan let him down a bad-full, while another of his favourites, Kerry were badly shown up this year.

Even his junior Newtown team couldn't see off a poor Leckers outfit at the weekend!

YesterdaysMan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 732 - 18/09/2016 23:46:18    1915965

Link