Jonny
James
Jack
Brian
Brian
Ciaran
Paul

Congratulations to them all.

Cluxton losing out would have been a close run thing but I doubt he gives a bolixx. He's still producing the quality that adds so much to the dynamic of the team.

Unfair to cherry pick but just wanted to flag a couple of the lads

Special mention to Brian Howard. An exceptional first full season. A pleasure to support such a fine player and he played in numerous positions to the highest of standards.. what a quality footballer he is and it's great to think what may lie ahead for him in a blue jersey.

Also Jack McCaffrey. Considering what he had to do to even get himself in a position to get running again! To come back late in the season from such a serious injury and achieve such a high level of performance that quickly, is a true testament to his footballing ability. In his own words he was "inspired" by Bernard's efforts and desire to get back playing and that shows the value that Bernard's ambition and desire brought to the panel.

IMO Jack is right up there with the finest players ever produced by Dublin and his performances in 2018 off the back of such a set back only goes to convince me further of that.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19785 - 01/11/2018 09:08:05    2148975

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Jonny
James
Jack
Brian
Brian
Ciaran
Paul

Congratulations to them all.

Cluxton losing out would have been a close run thing but I doubt he gives a bolixx. He's still producing the quality that adds so much to the dynamic of the team.

Unfair to cherry pick but just wanted to flag a couple of the lads

Special mention to Brian Howard. An exceptional first full season. A pleasure to support such a fine player and he played in numerous positions to the highest of standards.. what a quality footballer he is and it's great to think what may lie ahead for him in a blue jersey.

Also Jack McCaffrey. Considering what he had to do to even get himself in a position to get running again! To come back late in the season from such a serious injury and achieve such a high level of performance that quickly, is a true testament to his footballing ability. In his own words he was "inspired" by Bernard's efforts and desire to get back playing and that shows the value that Bernard's ambition and desire brought to the panel.

IMO Jack is right up there with the finest players ever produced by Dublin and his performances in 2018 off the back of such a set back only goes to convince me further of that."
Who would you give the POTY to Jim?

All three deserving but for me I'd go for Fenton. He's just magic.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12790 - 01/11/2018 19:01:44    2149153

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Who would you give the POTY to Jim?

All three deserving but for me I'd go for Fenton. He's just magic."
It's between Fenton and Kilkenny and it's a tough call

Fenton rarely put a foot wrong and Kilkenny is pretty much the same

Hard call but I wouldn't argue with either getting the nod.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19785 - 01/11/2018 19:33:56    2149166

Link

Honestly all 3 are worthy winners for me and seen as jack has won it already I'd like one of the other two to win , for me gun to head I'd go with Ciaran outstanding all year.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 01/11/2018 20:45:54    2149177

Link

Yeah all three are hard separated.

As for our All-Stars, congrats to all them but I wouldn't get hung up on who did it didn't win them. Cases could be made for Cluxton and Scully imo but they've got their Celtic Cross so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Scully for me had a great year. Really established himself. Selfless worker and is starting to get into good positions to score as well. 2 great finishes against Donegal and a great run after his initial pass to O'Callaghan to finish off Tyrone in the final.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12790 - 01/11/2018 22:58:32    2149199

Link

Im sure Stephen Cluxton will be sitting at home this evening, sipping on his blue wkd watching the late late in his fluffy socks, tears streaming down his cheeks, wondering where he has gone wrong in life. How he hasn't got an all star in the last few years. He will look in his collection of medals and memorabilia no doubt and long for that elusive 2017 and 2018 all star award to go with his 6 all Ireland medals, 5 of which he won as captain (the first player to lift Sam 4 times as captain and as captain of only the 3rd team ever to do 4 in a row all Irelands), His 10 or 11 leinster medals, 4? allianz league medals, etc etc..

The poor man has had it tough

#Justiceforcluxton

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13507 - 02/11/2018 10:46:36    2149235

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Yeah all three are hard separated.

As for our All-Stars, congrats to all them but I wouldn't get hung up on who did it didn't win them. Cases could be made for Cluxton and Scully imo but they've got their Celtic Cross so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Scully for me had a great year. Really established himself. Selfless worker and is starting to get into good positions to score as well. 2 great finishes against Donegal and a great run after his initial pass to O'Callaghan to finish off Tyrone in the final."
Very well said regarding Scully.

Couldn't agree more.

Huge credit to the chap!

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19785 - 02/11/2018 14:41:00    2149272

Link

Huge congrats to Brian Fenton

What an ambassador for Dublin GAA

Hard luck to CK and JMcC

Ciaran especially must have been a whisker away from the accolade himself.

Big time congrats to all the lads

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19785 - 02/11/2018 20:58:30    2149326

Link

Well done Brian Fenton. Richly deserved imo.

It's getting harder and harder to not think of Fenton as one of Dublin football's all time greats.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12790 - 02/11/2018 22:52:53    2149343

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Well done Brian Fenton. Richly deserved imo.

It's getting harder and harder to not think of Fenton as one of Dublin football's all time greats."
Fenton as a midfielder scored 1-13 from play across the 2018 Championship

The highest total of all time from a midfielder across a championship

Yep.. no doubting his greatness

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19785 - 03/11/2018 10:18:25    2149371

Link

He's the greatest midfielder of all time already.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 03/11/2018 11:07:16    2149383

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Im sure Stephen Cluxton will be sitting at home this evening, sipping on his blue wkd watching the late late in his fluffy socks, tears streaming down his cheeks, wondering where he has gone wrong in life. How he hasn't got an all star in the last few years. He will look in his collection of medals and memorabilia no doubt and long for that elusive 2017 and 2018 all star award to go with his 6 all Ireland medals, 5 of which he won as captain (the first player to lift Sam 4 times as captain and as captain of only the 3rd team ever to do 4 in a row all Irelands), His 10 or 11 leinster medals, 4? allianz league medals, etc etc..

The poor man has had it tough

#Justiceforcluxton"
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2018/11/06/news/beggan-taking-on-cluxton-s-mantle-and-changing-the-game-again-1478000/

supermon (Monaghan) - Posts: 1060 - 06/11/2018 10:22:29    2149793

Link

Speaking of stars anyone hearing any word on which club has the blues stars game this year

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5191 - 06/11/2018 14:58:35    2149888

Link