USA Forum

NY GAA 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Has anyone heard anything about a starting lineup for the match Sunday???

NYkid93 (USA) - Posts: 2 - 02/05/2017 17:59:11    1984021

Link

Don't get to excited about NY shocking the world. They played a very drunk Donegal team 2 weeks ago who did not give one dam about the game. Sligo by 8

standman99 (Offaly) - Posts: 72 - 02/05/2017 18:48:10    1984039

Link

STANDMAN99 thank god somebody is starting to talk a bit of reality here , alot of people here are above in the clouds

bealamena (Sligo) - Posts: 40 - 02/05/2017 19:23:36    1984046

Link

There more of a chance in meeting Elvis Presley the weekend than new york beating sligo.
Im going with 14 pts plus win for sligo

bealamena (Sligo) - Posts: 40 - 02/05/2017 19:25:57    1984047

Link

I say 20+ sligo especially if it is warm out.....NY backs will be roasted

UP_THE_PUBS (USA) - Posts: 14 - 02/05/2017 20:58:56    1984067

Link

Its terrible to read so much negativity. I wish the New York lads lots of luck. Its fair play to all of you for the hard work and training you put in to do this. If I remeber correctly the same was said last year and New York gave Roscommon a run for their money. So instead of trashing the team why not just wish them luck. If you think its going to be a blow out stay home.

BPOSITIVE (USA) - Posts: 1 - 03/05/2017 00:43:44    1984091

Link

after seeing the starting lineup, not filled with confidence now to be honest. can't see where the scores will come from. and don't really understand the hype with the Dublin hurler... Glynn didn't exactly pull up any trees last year. horses for courses.

NYCcavanman (USA) - Posts: 202 - 04/05/2017 17:23:13    1984534

Link

Replying To NYCcavanman:  "after seeing the starting lineup, not filled with confidence now to be honest. can't see where the scores will come from. and don't really understand the hype with the Dublin hurler... Glynn didn't exactly pull up any trees last year. horses for courses."
scally on bench

newyorklad (USA) - Posts: 111 - 04/05/2017 19:01:04    1984554

Link

Replying To NYCcavanman:  "after seeing the starting lineup, not filled with confidence now to be honest. can't see where the scores will come from. and don't really understand the hype with the Dublin hurler... Glynn didn't exactly pull up any trees last year. horses for courses."
Agreed the Hype about the hurler is silly and its hard to see where the scores will come from? Scored 0-17 last year and 0-15 was scored by forwards L Loughlin (0-03), B Connor (0-4), P McNeice (0-03);K Connolly (0-01), D Freeman (0-04) who won't be playing Sunday.

Even without Murphy Sligo with Breheny,Marren,Hughes,Cawley should have too much firepower for New York.

Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 2421 - 05/05/2017 00:30:27    1984600

Link

Replying To Gaa_lover:  "Agreed the Hype about the hurler is silly and its hard to see where the scores will come from? Scored 0-17 last year and 0-15 was scored by forwards L Loughlin (0-03), B Connor (0-4), P McNeice (0-03);K Connolly (0-01), D Freeman (0-04) who won't be playing Sunday.

Even without Murphy Sligo with Breheny,Marren,Hughes,Cawley should have too much firepower for New York."
Agree.
Sligo to win by at least 7-10 points. This team has played about 10 games this year already. Can't believe K Connolly isn't starting. He was a star last year against the Rossies.
But anyways. Good luck to NY and hope they play well.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 534 - 05/05/2017 15:36:46    1984731

Link

Funny, but I fancy a shock in this one.

davittsman (Mayo) - Posts: 323 - 05/05/2017 18:03:34    1984749

Link

Sligo team named. NY not winning this year I'm afraid. predict a low scoring, tight game but Sligo to pull away last 15.

NYCcavanman (USA) - Posts: 202 - 05/05/2017 18:36:52    1984752

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "Agree.
Sligo to win by at least 7-10 points. This team has played about 10 games this year already. Can't believe K Connolly isn't starting. He was a star last year against the Rossies.
But anyways. Good luck to NY and hope they play well."
Ye I was suprised kevin connolly wasnt on the team. He looked sharp against donegal.
I think he is only survivor from last years forwards.amazing the turnover New York can go through .id be worried about scoring v Sligo.
Jason Kelly not go this year? They could do with some experience. Gary o Driscoll would be great if he was fit.still New York can do it. Major banana skin for Sligo. With so many injuries as well. Igo for New York by two. Good luck to them all!

Mayohead (Mayo) - Posts: 4 - 06/05/2017 13:58:29    1984812

Link

Decent game in Gaelic park New York were competitive for about 50 mins only for the fitter and more experienced outfit to end up winning by a bit to spare. 1-21 the final total Sligo got and in truth it was the kind of score that this New York team were never likely to get. Matter of fact of the starting six New York forwards scored only 1-2 from play which isn't enough to a cause upset.

I thought T Cunniffe, D Culhane,E McVerry, S Hogan were best on show for New York. Cadden pulled off some good saves again but wasn't as good as he was last year. K Connolly also played well when brought on. Its Leitrim next year for New York if most of this panel is retained then New York will have a real chance of winning their first ever championship game.

Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 2421 - 07/05/2017 23:02:46    1985077

Link

Replying To Mayohead:  "Ye I was suprised kevin connolly wasnt on the team. He looked sharp against donegal.
I think he is only survivor from last years forwards.amazing the turnover New York can go through .id be worried about scoring v Sligo.
Jason Kelly not go this year? They could do with some experience. Gary o Driscoll would be great if he was fit.still New York can do it. Major banana skin for Sligo. With so many injuries as well. Igo for New York by two. Good luck to them all!"
Not a Good Day at the Office. Lost their way in 2nd Half. Lucky only to be down two at half time as Sligo could have had at least two goals and possibly three abeit NY did miss one of their own. No depth on the panel.
Finally unbelievable that on the the Biggest day of the Year for NY Football,that the sound system and the score Board were a joke beyond belief.
Roll on 2018.

ranger (None) - Posts: 166 - 07/05/2017 23:10:39    1985079

Link

Replying To ranger:  "Not a Good Day at the Office. Lost their way in 2nd Half. Lucky only to be down two at half time as Sligo could have had at least two goals and possibly three abeit NY did miss one of their own. No depth on the panel.
Finally unbelievable that on the the Biggest day of the Year for NY Football,that the sound system and the score Board were a joke beyond belief.
Roll on 2018."
Yes sound system and scoreboard reflects where we're at but look who made a return to duty yesterday to operate these. He should have stayed at home.
Game plan was a disaster yesterday. No real threat upfront and bench with exception of Connolly made no impact. Their fitness level also was disappointing against a weak Sligo team that was missing 4 starters. We took a step back yesterday.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 534 - 08/05/2017 10:08:12    1985133

Link

Yeah NY gaa once again can't do nothing right. I thought this was the best N.Y. team ever to play in the All Ireland

standman99 (Offaly) - Posts: 72 - 08/05/2017 11:18:13    1985159

Link

Best New York team ever to play are ya joking seriously. A poor Sligo team made them look good for 50 minutes. But for wasteful shooting Sligo would be been out the gate at half-time. New York didn't improve on last year's performance at all it's a step backwards to be honest. No kick out strategy at all except hoof it out everytime 50/50 archaic football. The new york management making 3 subs that didn't need to be made totally losing the teams shape. And frankly bringing on the wrong lads . Time for a change of management I think alot were not happy with them.

johnjoe1 (Kerry) - Posts: 35 - 08/05/2017 12:26:22    1985177

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "Yes sound system and scoreboard reflects where we're at but look who made a return to duty yesterday to operate these. He should have stayed at home.
Game plan was a disaster yesterday. No real threat upfront and bench with exception of Connolly made no impact. Their fitness level also was disappointing against a weak Sligo team that was missing 4 starters. We took a step back yesterday."
Granted we were missing 4 lads but it wasn't a weak sligo team in fairness and they took no chances and played the best team available to them I think that's a major compliment. Also the pressure our boys were under with all this talk of an upset on the cards they knew they had to come out and perform whereas maybe in the past teams saw this as a training exercise more so than an actual game. I wasnt at the game but I was listening in and ye were in the game with 10/15 to go. I don't think it was a major step back I think ye were just up against a well focused/experienced senior team. Ye should be allowed in the back door that is an absolute joke. All that training for 1 game.

grassroots14 (Sligo) - Posts: 94 - 08/05/2017 12:33:12    1985179

Link

Replying To johnjoe1:  "Best New York team ever to play are ya joking seriously. A poor Sligo team made them look good for 50 minutes. But for wasteful shooting Sligo would be been out the gate at half-time. New York didn't improve on last year's performance at all it's a step backwards to be honest. No kick out strategy at all except hoof it out everytime 50/50 archaic football. The new york management making 3 subs that didn't need to be made totally losing the teams shape. And frankly bringing on the wrong lads . Time for a change of management I think alot were not happy with them."
Yes if you weren't at the game you'd think NY were great but in reality Sligo should have been up 7-8 at half time. They seemed devoid of a system of play. Let's be honest that was an average Sligo team held together by a few old heads. Some of the subs were baffling. How did Scally remain on the bench. Cleaned midfield too. Probably time to look for a new management again. Can't let lasts years performance against Roscommon cloud the vision. I see our board had the park humming yesterday. What an embarrassment.

rossie12 (Roscommon) - Posts: 396 - 08/05/2017 12:57:13    1985184

Link