8. Feely
9. Moolick
10.Conway
11.P.Cribben
12.K.Cribben
13. N.Flynn
14. D.Flynn
15. P.Brophy
Wouldn't change the 15 from last day but would expect Slattery, Healy, Niall Kelly to be vital coming off the bench, particularly if the game is in the melting pot. Our defence is very suspect and one would have to worry with the calibre of forwards Monaghan have in McManus, McCarron and McCarthy. 50/50 game that could go either way, was at the league game in Feb and it was extremely frustrating to watch. Hopefully we have learnt from it. Massive if we can get the super 8's off to the perfect start.

ShortGrass_1 (Kildare) - Posts: 223 - 12/07/2018 20:43:46    2121128

Link

Mona1 & also Mon99 are probably not Monaghan people at all, which has been pointed out on Main forum. Relatively new posters, possibly even the same person. As another genuine Monaghan poster stated, probably from a neighboring county with a "chip"!

will be very tight on Sun, would'nt rule out a draw!

Monaghan Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 372 - 13/07/2018 14:52:32    2121350

Link

Well done to the Kildare U20s, they were the better team on the day and best of luck in the final.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9834 - 14/07/2018 17:49:36    2121623

Link

Great win by the u 20's. Deserved the result with the amount of work they put in today. Very confident bunch of lads ...almost too confident near the end. Hopefully the seniors complete a very good week for Kildare football. Best of luck to them tomorrow.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1590 - 14/07/2018 18:10:14    2121632

Link

Very exciting and enjoyable couple of weeks we've had really.

Understandably a lot of people seem to be tipping us tomorrow based on form over the last few weeks. At the start of the year if you were told we'd be playing Monaghan at this stage you'd have expected them to be slight favourites, by the end of the league they'd have been heavy favourites but now it's much closer to 50/50.

They're a bit more battle hardened than us at this stage of the championship and the group stage may suit them more than a once off qualifier would given their inability to get to a semi final over the years.

No doubt they'll try and unsettle us right from the off but if we can get stuck into them from before throw in like we've done since the Derry game then we may cancel each other out.

Under 20's into an All Ireland final, minors in the Leinster final and seniors in the last 8 after beating the 2nd best team in the country over the last few years along the way, don't think any of us would have turned that down at the start of the year.

Thank f**k for Mobdro is all I can say.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3635 - 15/07/2018 04:44:24    2121911

Link

Its do or die this weekend in Newbridge for the team now. Hopefully fans will stay with the lads this weekend and we can make St Conleths a cauldron of Kildare support. Kerry will have a big game also so if they were to win it could leave us all on a level playing field again.

Caoimhog88 (Kildare) - Posts: 68 - 16/07/2018 14:00:41    2122714

Link

Well done on youre U20 teams win v Kerry
They were a credit to youre county
I really enjoyed the match great stuff,
its some achievement to beat Kerry at underage anyday,
I thought the high fielding of masterson was a joy to behold
as for hyland and mc Laughlin unreal ,
there 2 of the best forwards I seen for a long time
its all about brining theses lads through to next level now,
we in galway are only seeing the benefit of our successful U21 teams now,
our lads are in the 24 to26 age group now and have a few yrs experience behind them
looking forward to galway meeting kildare on sunday in newbridge
id say galway will have a good battle with ye
I hope we come out on the right side

rhudson (Galway) - Posts: 1055 - 16/07/2018 22:36:06    2122946

Link

Lads looking for somewhere to park on sunday? Advice appreciated

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1005 - 17/07/2018 22:59:56    2123346

Link

Replying To galwayfball:  "Lads looking for somewhere to park on sunday? Advice appreciated"
Might be easiest for you to park at the Dunnes Stores at the top of the town & walk down to the ground. You could also park in Whitewater shopping centre which is closer but you have to pay there so save yourself a few quid if you don't mind walking a bit further ! 10-15 minutes would do it from Dunnes. We normally park in one of the housing estates close enough to the ground but probably not easy to explain if you don't know the town.....

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 588 - 18/07/2018 13:37:53    2123493

Link

I would advise the Whitewater shopping centre to park, only a couple of minutes walk to the ground and always plenty of spaces. Buzzing for Sunday now. Although our record v Galway is diabolical, no win since the 80's and haven't beaten them in championship in over 90 years, this is a huge battle and could go as close as the Monaghan game. Do or die championship game at home with our season on the line, lets hope there is a huge following for our lads and try get them over the line. The super 8's have got an awful lot of criticism the last few days but I think they will spark into life this weekend. It doesn't get any bigger than a home championship match which we need to win, hopefully home advantage is worth a couple of points to us. Still playing football in July, weather forecast looks good for Sunday and a full house in Conleths, playing one of the best teams in the country, this is whats its all about.

ShortGrass_1 (Kildare) - Posts: 223 - 18/07/2018 13:52:19    2123496

Link

For heading back to Dublin after the game, any recommendations for somewhere to park on the Naas Rd? Thanks

Rocky.Road (Galway) - Posts: 355 - 20/07/2018 12:16:28    2123990

Link

Replying To Rocky.Road:  "For heading back to Dublin after the game, any recommendations for somewhere to park on the Naas Rd? Thanks"
Only place I can think of is carpark at church or across the road from the church before bridge into town.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1590 - 21/07/2018 17:02:00    2124307

Link

Replying To Rocky.Road:  "For heading back to Dublin after the game, any recommendations for somewhere to park on the Naas Rd? Thanks"
Also if you turn left over the bridge there's Ryston car park 200 yards up on left. Get on to Naas road hany enough

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1590 - 21/07/2018 17:44:40    2124316

Link